Kitchener / Waterloo Triple Crown Finale

13»

Comments

• Zithal wrote: »
    Off topic, sorry for the lack of organizing stuff; my house is a bit of a disaster at the moment, and I really need to make some repairs to lots of places, so I've been holding off.

If you need any help let us know. I'm sure a few of us could lend you a hand.
  • So, assuming we get 14 people out that's 10,000 x 14 + 3,500 x 5 = 157,500 which is about the same amount of chips as a 32 person tournament.

With normal Bristol tournament we run from 7p to 1a which is a 6 hour tournament.

Making Sunday 6 hours would run it from 1pm to 7pm, so we could add about 5 minutes a level, which would add an hour and a bit to the overall schedule, ending it around 8pm.

How does that sound? Regular Bristol Street blinds, 25 minute levels?
  • I bow to your superior tournament organizational skillz

Mark
  • I heart Zithal.

/g2
  • I wanted to volunteer my services to deal this tournament. To be fair you will need another dealer for the second table. I spoke with Jen and Al about dealing the other table. I think Al will definitely be willing to deal as well. Let me know if you want dedicated dealers.
  • I wanted to volunteer my services to deal this tournament. To be fair you will need another dealer for the second table. I spoke with Jen and Al about dealing the other table. I think Al will definitely be willing to deal as well. Let me know if you want dedicated dealers.

Personally, I would prefer dealers. Thanks for the offer.

stp
  • stpboy wrote: »
    Personally, I would prefer dealers. Thanks for the offer.

stp

I second the thanks. It gives me a target for my bad beat complaining. Anyone up for a first out pool? First two people out ante up $20 for the dealers!
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    I second the thanks. It gives me a target for my bad beat complaining. Anyone up for a first out pool? First two people out ante up $20 for the dealers!

I don't really want to speak for the other potential dealer, but I am definitely not interested in doing this for money. I am just curious to see the game.
  • I don't really want to speak for the other potential dealer, but I am definitely not interested in doing this for money. I am just curious to see the game.

Ok first one out gives me $20.
  • I am definitely in for dealing also, so dealers it is!

Al
  • I might drop by at some point towards the end depending on how my Sunday tournaments are going.
  • Hey does anyone know of any tourny's going on in the KW area today?
  • Calif wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know of any tourny's going on in the KW area today?

Nope, none today. I will be having one two weeks from today though. You will be able to sign up tomorrow for it.
  • I will leave it to someone else to make a more detailed report, but for those who are interested:

2BULLETS wins Triple Crown - winner take all $300+
    800OVER wins last longer - out in second place overall after one heads up hand
    itsame takes second place in the last longer bet

Congratulations.
  • Thanks for dealing Sandy.
  • moose wrote: »
    thanks for dealing sandy.

+1

and Al!!
  • I will leave it to someone else to make a more detailed report, but for those who are interested:

2BULLETS wins Triple Crown - winner take all $300+
    800OVER wins last longer - out in second place overall after one heads up hand
    itsame takes second place in the last longer bet

Congratulations.

I thought 2Bullets was just urban legend ;)
  • Great job to all and congrats to 2bullets.
  • Congrats Jeremy, I kind of had a feeling you would win. Just like I had that feeling that I would win those three hands and lose that one hand against Zithal when I had KK and he had A10 (yeah whatever, it was suited).

Also a big thanks to my brain for coming up with the concept of the Triple Crown and for Mark's tireless efforts in getting people to give him $1.00 at a time.

stp
  • Congrats Jeremy! I am very glad to see that my embarrassingly bad dumping of all my chips to you so early led to you winning at least. Sigh, some consolation.

Thanks everyone involved... Al and Sandy for dealing, Rob for the venue, and Shannon and Mark for organizing all this time.

I'm sure it was a fun game, wish I had been in it lol.

Sean
  • Just wanted to thank Rob for hosting a great game. I also want to thank Al and Sandy for dealing and most important is Mark and Shannon for taking care of the tripple crown for the past few years! It was great getting out and seeing everyone again. It was a blast, I hope to play again soon!