Pokerforum Online Heads Up Tourney - Sign up here

Ok this will be similar in format to Zithal's live heads up tourney, except it will be single knockout.

You can play anywhere you can create a private 2 person tournament, you can play live even if you wish. I expect most people will play on Stars, though I know any Ongame skin also permits private tourneys. If you wish to play your match on Stars, but can not create private tourneys, let me know the date and time and with enough notice, I will create the tourney for you.

EDIT: I'm not too smart. I guess a requirement is going to be that you MUST have Pokerstars account because if someone only has OnGame and the other person only has Stars then how are they going to play? So you can play anywhere you want but a minimum requirement is going to be that you have a P* account. So when you sign up please give your Stars account name too.

FYI - if you wish to be able to create your own private tourneys on Stars, simply email support@pokerstars.com and request it.

Entry Fee will be $5 for round 1 and you will carry your winnings forward to the next match. A 32 person tournament will have 5 rounds.
Round 2 $10
Round 3 $20 Quarters
Round 4 $30 Semi's
Round 5 $50 Final

So Quarter-final winners onward, will be banking some of their winnings.

Entries close Sat. Sept. 27 and Round 1 will be begin Mon. Sept. 29 and you will have two weeks to arrange and play your match. Anyone not completing round 1 by Sun. Oct. 12 will be automatically DQ'd.

Forum Name (Stars name)
1. Moose (cdnmoose07)
2. mmoose (memoose)
3. Graham (closemaster)
4. Hobbes (Hobbes614)
5. JohnnieH (homerbuddy)
6. MarcoGD (MarcoGD)
7. Monteroy (Monteroy)
8. jdAA88 (julesdAA)
9. wolffhound (wolffhound)
10. fludlerk (fludlerk)
11. Big Chips (R Badmon)
12. westside8 (wesleyW)
13. DrTyore (DrTyore)
14. Kristy_Sea (Kristy_Sea)
15. DataMn
16. Wetts1012 (Wetts1012)
17. ACTyper
18. Dead Money (Dillo)
19. cadillac (Cadillac123)
20. STR82ACE (goinggrey)
21. ihaveyourname (dennisBC)
22. schabs (schabert)
23. The Prophet 22 (Prophet22)
24. Blazin 72 (Blazin72)
25. Jason (JEP204)
26. Acid Joe
27. pokerJAH
28. TiMSuM (timsum)
29. Quimby (kelly_kabob)
30. Voodoo
31. KRT (KRT1)
32. compuease (compuease)

We will cap the first tourney at 32 and see how it goes.

Comments

• Hey moose, I am in. I have the ability to create tourneys on stars, so if you want I can set it all up.

EDIT... oh crap, just realized I will be away when this happens. I can still probably set it all up. let me know.
  • Away? This is an online tourney. You are going to be away from your laptop for two weeks?

The beauty of this format is that there isn't anything to set up. Each match-up is responsible for arranging their match on their own mutually convenient time. If both people are unable to create private tourneys, they should email Pokerstars first and failing that, contact me and I will create their tourney at their requested day and time.
  • I'm in. (Hobbes614)
  • I'll donate Moose.
  • Sounds like fun. I'll pay
  • I am in for a live game
  • Sure.

Stars name is Monteroy
  • moose wrote: »
    So you can play anywhere you want but a minimum requirement is going to be that you have a P* account. So when you sign up please give your Stars account name too.

Everyone give their Stars name please.

MarcoGD
  • jpedano wrote: »
    I am in for a live game
    got esl?
  • Hey Moose,

Have you considered how much rake they will take off?

You might want to consider getting people to transfer the buy-in to you, play the $2 + $0.20 games (lowest I see) for all matches and you transfer the winnings after.

I bet I sound like Blondefish right about now.
  • I would like to play...... I only got a FTP acct though.... would anyone object to playin the 2+.15 HU sng on FTP if they got in a match with me?
  • count me in!

p* account = julesdAA
  • Quimby wrote: »
    Hey Moose,

Have you considered how much rake they will take off?

You might want to consider getting people to transfer the buy-in to you, play the $2 + $0.20 games (lowest I see) for all matches and you transfer the winnings after.

I bet I sound like Blondefish right about now.

Not doing that no how. You carry your winnings forward. Yes each match is raked 10% Yes that means if you are one of the 2 people to make the finals in a 5 round tourney you would pay, .50+1+2+3+5 = $11.50. Everyone else of course would pay less than that. That's the price you pay for being able to reach outside of the KW area and involve everyone on the forum and yet also be able to play in your underwear. Win the 3rd round and you bank $10 which would cover most of your rake paid.

EDIT: I'm not tracking the money but the players could agree to play for less and then to a player to player transfer themselves after the match. The winner is still responsibile for carrying the money forward and the total value of each round will stay the same.
  • NoVeLTeK wrote: »
    I would like to play...... I only got a FTP acct though.... would anyone object to playin the 2+.15 HU sng on FTP if they got in a match with me?

I'm going to say that you need a P* account because FTP won't let you set up a private heads up match. However if you create one and have no way of depositing I will trade you $20 on P* for $20 on FTP to get you going. I highly recommend you create your P* account through pokersourceonline.com for the extra bonus.

Homerbuddy
    ...also be able to play in your underwear....

Do I gotta wear underwear? ;)
  • Wouldn't it be easier to just create a heads up tourney on stars? There would be less rake.
  • Wolffhound on PS and i'm in.
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    Wolffhound on PS and i'm in.

Wolffhound MUST be sober. It's the only chance that any of us have.
    :D:D:D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Wolffhound MUST be sober. It's the only chance that any of us have.
    :D:D:D

I wasn't when I signed up...and I won't be when I play...
  • tellbox wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be easier to just create a heads up tourney on stars? There would be less rake.

You would all have to be able to play at the same time. This format gives you 2 weeks to schedule your match with your opponent at your mutual convienence. You only have to satisfy the schedules of 2 people at once, not everyone's.
  • Graham says he will put up some swag for the champ too. Sign up people. Let's go!
  • Yeah...I'll play...wesleyw
  • Okay, I'll play....I guess I'll have to put some money on Pstars. lol

Fludlerk on Pstars
    Fludlerk on FT
  • I'll get in on this!

P name: R Badmon
  • Holy Crap. Out of the woodwork!
  • Sure.. yea.. I'm in.

DrTyore

Mark
  • I'm in, same name
  • OK - I'm in too