Bottom set...

13»

Comments

• I read every single post in this thread.

Kristy wins.

/g2
  • Your just saying that G2 cuz she's cuter...... I know it.
  • yep i'm convinced now. there is no way this uber lag is going to call off his remaining chips if he is only getting about 2.5:1 when you push on the flop. better let him bluff those chips off on the turn, as all lags are sure to do. especially since you'll only be getting 3:1 on the call. i'm sure he knows he has tons of fold equity after you smooth call his raise OOP. for sure there are absolutely no scare cards that could come to slow down this action player. i just heard phil say 'why push when the donkey will do the pulling?'. too cool. words to live by.

too bad you didn't fold and avoid any risk of doubling him up. he will surely outplay you.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    yep i'm convinced now. there is no way this uber lag is going to call off his remaining chips if he is only getting about 2.5:1 when you push on the flop. better let him bluff those chips off on the turn, as all lags are sure to do. especially since you'll only be getting 3:1 on the call. i'm sure he knows he has tons of fold equity after you smooth call his raise OOP. for sure there are absolutely no scare cards that could come to slow down this action player. i just heard phil say 'why push when the donkey will do the pulling?'. too cool. words to live by.

too bad you didn't fold and avoid any risk of doubling him up. he will surely outplay you.

That snarky sarcasm is only acceptable in women.

In summation...get fucked retards who think that he's calling your shove more easily then shoving himself. Also runner-up 'fuck you' goes to those who think he CALLS a re-raise lighter then a turn bet.

Fuck_You.jpg
  • ps. thanks for the affirmation g2, I needed it
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    How are you getting just kk-aa, ak, and jj as a range?

And THEN once you've adjusted to an actual 2-5nl LIVE players range for raising limpers from the button..

the question I have is HOW are you actually going to get chips in this pot and why are you pissing away chips from all the other likely hands?

Why are you willing take such a mediocre edge (ie: shoving against a range of jj, kk, aa, ak) but NOT willing to play with/against weaker hands?

From the original poster's description of the hand we have to believe that the player is very tight. A very tight player matches the range I assigned. He has more than half his stack in the pot and no decent very tight player will ever fold there with half his stack in. Obviously if he is horrible maybe he can fold there but it's not likely and if he is bad enough to fold there then there could be turn cards that scare him off and also turn cards that are problem cards for us.
  • herschelw wrote: »
    From the original poster's description of the hand we have to believe that the player is very tight. A very tight player matches the range I assigned. He has more than half his stack in the pot and no decent very tight player will ever fold there with half his stack in. Obviously if he is horrible maybe he can fold there but it's not likely and if he is bad enough to fold there then there could be turn cards that scare him off and also turn cards that are problem cards for us.

I'm not a scientist..but I'm pretty sure that I can smugly say 160+30 is NOT equal to 275ish back. ;)

I've countered everything you've said above already.

(actually I might not have countered the 'tight' bit...new from broken table, two orbits iirc..calling him 'tight' or 'good' on a 20 hand sample-size seems stupid to me. My way catches more 'random' than yours)

This thread is officially dead to me now.
  • herschelw wrote: »

ha
    maybe this is where live and online are different
    i fold alot of time with half of my stack is in.
    why, say AA on BTN
    i raise the limper, BB call.
    got call
    flop KQ9
    they bet into me, and i raise potsize to see where i'm at.
    do you actually think i'll call an all-in push here?
    would you call an allin bet?
    i won't even make that call regardless if your TAG, LAG, fish or maniac.
    only time i would make that call is "I HAVE A SOUL READ ON THIS"
    back on topic
    this situation, you assume Villian has a hand that can call you.
    there is no read on his hand strenght
    when there is no good read, and knowing what villian will do. just stick to the safer play is always a good bet.
    example on soul read.
    33 on flop K3K
    you bet and get call by a guy that fold flop cbet 80% of time
    so there is a read that he has a K
    another read is my note that he does not fold TPTK.
    third read is he is unpossible for him to fold trips.
    I will over bet shovel the turn.
    however, if he only fold cbet 50% of time.
    then i have no read on his hand strenght.
    then i'll take my chance and try to extra max amount of chips that i can.
  • I like the weak lead on the flop, after he raises I beleive you are ahead. If he had a bigger set than he probabbly smooths and then raises turn. So now you are faced with a raise and have to decide the best way to get the money in. The problem with smoothing and checking the turn, is that he might check back (and we don't want that). Also if he is a decent player and you jam the flop you could easily lose him. Since you did a weakish lead on the flop I think you have too play the hand different now than the standard jam flop or check raise allin on turn. I would take a weird line and smooth his flop raise and then weak lead the turn (like 60 again or even less) to make it look like you are on a straight draw. Then he could easily push his 1 pair hands if the turn blanks. If he smooths your turn bet than I am check every river to induce a missed draw or catch a value bet with AK or possibly a picked up 2 pair, O ya and if he jams turn (what we want) I snap call.

wader