EPT Monte Carlo Update

Comments

• did you play Graham? You think these players would be a little more discrete. Isn't Tony G worried about being kidnapped, etc. with that vanity plate? maybe he only brings out the vanity plate for tournament days.
  • Wow! It looks like a great experience... for your brother! Nah, just kidding, there isn't much I wouldn't do to be in your shoes.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    did you play Graham? You think these players would be a little more discrete. Isn't Tony G worried about being kidnapped, etc. with that vanity plate? maybe he only brings out the vanity plate for tournament days.

Na, I didn't play... can't afford those kind of buy-ins right now. There are much wealthier people than Tony G here to kidnap, I am sure he doesn't have to worry. We met some baller french guy last night that had been walking around with security earlier in the day, but was all alone when we saw him. He had busted from the Main Event, but was going back to play some of the other events and 1000/2000 euro sit n gos. I have no idea who he is, but I suspect hes probably someone important. My point is you see tons of people walking around with big stacks of cash and I am sure there are bigger people to rob here, such as the guy who owns this yacht which is parked in the harbour. All in all, its been a lot of fun and met some interesting people and have had a good time.
  • Are the 20K SnGs still running or has the side event taken over the tables? Maybe you should play in the 2K side event. (by cashing in the CPF bux :D)
  • Choron is ITM... bubble just burst after 2 and a half hours at 81 players!
  • Nice pics Graham. Wish I was there.

Although through those pics a dream was crushed.

Patrik Antonius is married? Booooooooooo
  • ElElliott wrote: »
    Nice pics Graham. Wish I was there.

Although through those pics a dream was crushed.

Patrik Antonius is married? Booooooooooo

I never do this but ... ditto.
  • Onto day 4 with 344k...long day..the bubble lasted 2 and a half fucking hours...(one person hand for hand)..fkn retarded guys wowwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

I have a lot more work to do tomorrow @ the office...Wish me luck... I hope I can ship for Canada and obviously myself...Please no 13th like @ the PCA one time...*sigh*

GODS OF WAR aLLOW ME TO WIN!
  • Choron wrote: »
    Onto day 4 with 344k...long day..the bubble lasted 2 and a half fucking hours...(one person hand for hand)..fkn retarded guys wowwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

I have a lot more work to do tomorrow @ the office...Wish me luck... I hope I can ship for Canada and obviously myself...Please no 13th like @ the PCA one time...*sigh*

GODS OF WAR aLLOW ME TO WIN!

GL! Ship one time.
  • all_aces wrote: »
    GL! Ship one time.

GL sir..shall be keeping tabs while I'm at work tomorrow.
  • Watching now.... Here's hoping Choron gets moved to the tv table. :)
  • Stupid question but what's Choron name ?
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    Stupid question but what's Choron name ?

I don't know him personally; but I think it's Glen Chorny.

He's doing well according to the end of day 3 chip counts, here : PokerStars Poker Blog: EPT Monte Carlo Chip Counts

AND OMFG Daniel just referenced the Wheel of Fortune episode of South Park. So friggin funny. :)
  • Up to date chip counts here: CardPlayer.com - World Series of Poker and WPT Tournament Coverage

Choron is doing well -> 12th place 520k in chips.

The feature table now has:

Antonio Esfandiari (chip leader)
    Walid bou habib
    stig top rassmussen
    henrik gwinner
    Eric Liu
    Oyvind Rusem
    Maxime Villemuire (canadian! Go canada)
    Valeriy Ilikyan.

No Choron at the feature table unfortunately.

UPDATE: LOL, antonio was snoozing, and didn't realise the table was waiting on him, he jumps up and goes "Oh SH!T is the action on me! I fold. Sorry Guys"... and the announcer quickly points out, we are airing this live, please watch you language at the tables guys" (paraphased). LOL. so funny. There's going to be a 10 second delay for the Final Table for sure. :)
  • who is this Maxime Villemure? not a pokerstars qualifier. Wonder if he bought in directly? French?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    who is this Maxime Villemure? not a pokerstars qualifier. Wonder if he bought in directly? French?

Not sure; he has no profile on Card Player; but Moneymaker said that he has played with him before.

This page has him as a pokerstars qualifier:
    PokerPages.com Poker News

UPDATE: 20 ppl left, Choron in 13th. according to: CardPlayer.com - World Series of Poker and WPT Tournament Coverage
  • Choron just moved to 4th place with 19 players left.
  • He's having quite the year already:
    TOURNAMENT/EVENT DATE PLACE WINNINGS 2008 L.A. Poker Classic (WPT)
    No-Limit Hold'em Event 28
    02/22/2008 30 $2,620.00 2008 World Poker Open (WPT)
    Pot-Limit Omaha Championship Event 17
    01/17/2008 1 $80,208.00 2008 PokerStars.net Caribbean Adventure (EPT)
    EPT Main Event 1
    01/10/2008 13 $80,000.00
    I am gonna head over and watch now... will post more later, but you can probably find out just as fast from cardplayer.
  • Choron is on TV table atm ...
    eptlive.com
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    Choron is on TV table atm ...
    eptlive.com

Choron just knocked out Oyvind Riisem. Wow... he's in for a huge cash!

Great job Glen, The new chip leader!
  • CanadaDave wrote: »
    Choron just knocked out Oyvind Riisem. Wow... he's in for a huge cash!

Great job Glen, The new chip leader!
    A $3M cash!

/g2
  • How the hell do you stack 2.2 million in chips? Choron's heart must have been pounding on the river when the other guy had the flush draw.
  • OH SNAP!!!!!!!!! Genius to call clock on Antonio there. Pure genius.

/g2
  • WOW. Awesome hand against Esfandiari for 1.6 mil. Q's full.

Wp sir!
  • Wow. That was crazzzzy!
  • TiMSuM wrote: »
    Wow. That was crazzzzy!

Well played Glen.
  • LOL @ the comment from the girl about Chorny's wardrobe!

"maybe he should put on something nicer than what he slept in!"

hahahaha
  • What's with Vickey Coren slagging Choron's tee shirt? :)
  • Now he is getting slagged for dressing badly - but who cares if you are the chip leader.
  • g2 wrote: »
    OH SNAP!!!!!!!!! Genius to call clock on Antonio there. Pure genius.

/g2

AGREED. Antonio sure looked like he was folding before the clock call.