EPT Monte Carlo Update

Just got home from the end of Day 1a at the EPT Monte Carlo. It was a pretty cool day considering this was the first major event that I have attended live. I met a saw and met a whole bunch of players and got a ton of great pics (i'll post some later). I didn't play in the event unfortunately, but my brother did. Unfortunately, he busted out just before the end of the day when his stack got really low and he tried to double up with A6 suited, but ran into pocket 7s. He played really well though and got crippled on a hand where he had KK and the other player had AA. He should have gone out on that hand, but managed to fold his kings on the flop after a 9 high flop.

Some of the big names that went out include Phil Ivey, Greg Raymer, Tuan Lam, Isabelle Mercier, Annette Obrestad plus many others.

Some of the highlights from my time here so far have been:
- Hanging out in the Pokerstars players lounge with people like Daniel Negreanu, Chris Moneymaker, Chad Brown plus a few of the other Pokerstars pros.
- Riding the hotel elevator with all sorts of people including Daniel Negreanu, Freddy Deeb, Barry Greenstein, etc.
- Watching the car show that they call Monte Carlo... I have never seen more Bentleys and Ferrari's in my life! Yesterday I must have seen over 150 Bentleys / Ferraris / Rolls Royce NO LIE! On the walk home last night 4 Bentleys drove by in 15 minutes.
- Tony G's car was pretty easy to find with the license plate "TONYG" on a nice black benz.
- Watching ridiculous amounts of money being thrown around in the sit n go's that range from 200 Euros to 20,000 Euros (there was only 1 game at these stakes today).

All in all, its been a fun trip so far and I'll write more later.

Comments

• Graham wrote: »
    Watching ridiculous amounts of money being thrown around in the sit n go's that range from 200 Euros to 20,000 Euros (there was only 1 game at these stakes today).

All in all, its been a fun trip so far and I'll write more later.
    Couldn't you cash in some CPF bucks and play one of those 20K sit n go's ?

Good to hear you are having a great time... pics?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Couldn't you cash in some CPF bucks and play one of those 20K sit n go's ?

Good to hear you are having a great time... pics?

I wish I could do that :)

Pics to follow...on my computer, but too lazy to upload... its almost 6am here. Just playing a little Omaha on stars :)
    I wish I could do that :)

Pics to follow...on my computer, but too lazy to upload... its almost 6am here. Just playing a little Omaha on stars :)
    Your in beautiful Monte Carlo and you're sitting in your room playing Omaha on Stars? wow, just wow...
  • Its 6am..what else am I supposed to do? ;)
  • Go outside, and soap Tony G's windows?

That would be pretty rad.
  • dinobot wrote: »
    Go outside, and soap Tony G's windows?

That would be pretty rad.

LOL..I saw something similar... Thomas Wahlroos put a Full Tilt Poker sticker on the window of a ferrari parked outside the tournament.
  • only 40 guys left

Sir Watts, Timex and Ambrose still in it!!
  • What is the link for live coverage? All I see on PokerStarsBlog.com is that it was only Level 4 as of "April 13, 2008 3:03 PM".
    folded wrote: »
    only 40 guys left
  • folded wrote: »
    only 40 guys left

Huh, isn't this just day 1B?
  • Then I don't understand the only 40 guys left comment? 40 guys left in day 1B? how many do they play down to on each day 1?
  • Im still in going onto day 2...Have 31,025...Was as high as 57k before getting coolered a few times...Playing very well... A lot of canadians are still in...sirwatts has like 18k i think and timex has like 10k...My friend and dealer in Waterloo Patty has over 40k...Mizzi has over 60k...negreanu has over 30k...etc...

I will see what I can do tomorrow... As far as live coverage goes there is none until the 16th and 17th...It can be seen on European Poker Tour Live - EPT Live ...

As far as the 40 ppl left goes i have no idea wtf he is talking about...I'm not sure that he does either however..

The prize pool of this tourney is just so massive...We had 398ish runners on day1a and today had 455ish runners...So first is going to be at least like 2.4 million euros I think...
  • Poker News and Blonde Poker your best bet for live updates. Think you need an account for Blonde though.
  • Choron wrote: »
    Im still in going onto day 2...Have 31,025...Was as high as 57k before getting coolered a few times...Playing very well... A lot of canadians are still in...sirwatts has like 18k i think and timex has like 10k...My friend and dealer in Waterloo Patty has over 40k...Mizzi has over 60k...negreanu has over 30k...etc...

I will see what I can do tomorrow... As far as live coverage goes there is none until the 16th and 17th...It can be seen on European Poker Tour Live - EPT Live ...

As far as the 40 ppl left goes i have no idea wtf he is talking about...I'm not sure that he does either however..

The prize pool of this tourney is just so massive...We had 398ish runners on day1a and today had 455ish runners...So first is going to be at least like 2.4 million euros I think...

Nice work Choron! Hopefully one of u Final Tables! I'll be there in the stands cheering.

Have you gone to the players lounge? Lots of fun... I played Gavin Griffin HU tonight in there.
  • i meant on day 1b.. relax
    i meant on day 1b.. relax

Theres actually more than 200 players left from 1b...
  • per cardplayer they show only 40.. my bad
  • There are roughly 400 still in to be exact.
  • no worries...Off the play in 50 minutes...GL Canada!
    per cardplayer they show only 40.. my bad

Cardplayer only shows some of the name players. If Cardplayers thinks you are a nobody then they don't list you.
    per cardplayer they show only 40.. my bad

that's the brilliance of Cardplayer...regardless, they only show the chip counts of who they want...list guys as in "20th", but, its only 20th out of the players they care about.

Not sure where to find better daily lists/updates.

GL to SirWatts.
  • Watts is busto....
  • Here's the Cardplayer version of Watt's demise.

Mike Watson's Aces Cracked to Send Him Railward
    Internet pro Mike "SirWatts" Watson called his opponent's all in preflop, his opponent having him covered. Watson turned over aces and his opponent held pocket fives. The door-card was the cruel 5 that Watson was hoping to avoid, and the board failed to bring one of the two aces he needed to catch back up. He was eliminated from the tournament midway through day 1B.
  • ya i just got moved to watts table when taht happened...So fkn sick omg....gay...

I was up to 170k at one point then I got moved to Watts table and after he busted i proceeded to lose a 220k pot with JJ when a super tight old dude in the cutoff raised 4X and i cold called from the small blind with the two jacks(including the jack of hearts)...the blinds folded the flop came down 9x9h7h and he lead for 6kish...(blinds were 6-12) and i made it 24k total and he insta shoved... I took about 20 seconds and then called...He showed the ah6h and the turn bricked and river Kh obv... so fkn sick...

but its ok i guess..*sigh* onto tomorrow with an above average stack...GL once again to Canada....

Btw Patty is out... :(
  • sooooooo they were using a pokerstars deck:)
  • Still a few Canadians left...

Sorel Mizzi – Canada – PokerStars qualifier -- 203200
    Maxime Villemure – Canada -- 177000
    Glen Chorny – Canada – PokerStars qualifier -- 115100
    Sean Bruder – Canada – PokerStars qualifier -- 102200
    Pierre Hall – Canada – PokerStars qualifier -- 76400
    Jonathan Dwek -- Canada – PokerStars qualifier -- 14200

Here is the link for Chip Counts:

PokerStars Poker Blog: EPT Monte Carlo Chip Counts
  • Here are some pics I just posted on my other site:

EPT Monte Carlo Pictures | Bankroll Boost Poker Gossip Blog

Some of the big names that went out include Phil Ivey, Greg Raymer, Tuan Lam, Isabelle Mercier, Annette Obrestad plus many others.

Mmmmmm, Isabelle ma belle........
  • Unreal pics Graham, you must be having a great time.