PokerForum.ca Suggestions

Comments

• My small suggestion to the forum is to include a searchbox in all pages! it would be a lot easier to navigate! thanks
  • My small suggestion to the forum is to include a searchbox in all pages! it would be a lot easier to navigate! thanks

Its available at the top menu bar right under your name and "Private messages"?
  • Any way we could get something like this on our site? It's pretty topical.

kanyelicio.us
  • Hahaha, ya, I saw that thing before... its awsome!
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Any way we could get something like this on our site? It's pretty topical.

kanyelicio.us
    lmao that's cool....what a door knob Kanye was.
  • How about an iPhone/Crackberry version of the site?
  • A section for discussing the math side of poker where all the math based players can show their work.....please!
  • darbday wrote: »
    A section for discussing the math side of poker where all the math based players can show their work.....please!

Wouldn't that be the Strategy section?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be the Strategy section?

i don't think so the strategy section is huge and rarely discusses math, i hear there are math majors around here, i think there should be a spot where mostly math is discussed.
  • darbday wrote: »
    i don't think so the strategy section is huge and rarely discusses math, i hear there are math majors around here, i think there should be a spot where mostly math is discussed.

I have no problem adding a math section if there is enough interest. Maybe you could start creating a couple threads in the strategy section to start and if there is a good response we can set up the separate forum. Thanks!
  • ill work on it, ive got one for it now....if we make a new area can we call it 'darb cromulent math section'?

edit:

i posted this in the mtt section but really theres no relevant section i don't think?

how often if i have aces and go all in will someone else hit kings (assuming they call and everyone else folds, or they are all in and i call and everyone folds) and the kings beat the aces.....
  • In cases like this, just download or use an odds calculator. They are everywhere.
  • actyper wrote: »
    In cases like this, just download or use an odds calculator. They are everywhere.

i can't come up with the equation, its likely i can't figure it out on an odds calculator. and although this one is relatively simple, as i get used to it id like to get more advanced with them

me is curious about math poker math
  • and a place for comments and review on poker books people are reading??
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    How about an iPhone/Crackberry version of the site?

This is something I'm hoping to have done..A mobile version which will display easy on many different phones.
  • Scoops wrote: »
    This is something I'm hoping to have done..A mobile version which will display easy on many different phones.

I love you already...
  • Id like to see a couple things;

.gif`s avail in sigs;
    quotes allowed in sigs;

some vbulletin forums im on allow for IM`ing to online members, I think that would be neat.

just throwin it out there.
  • Thumbs up! Who was that Graham guy anyways? :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Thumbs up! Who was that Graham guy anyways? :)

Hey, I am still around here :(

The mobile version will definitely be a cool edition!
  • Graham wrote: »
    Hey, I am still around here :(

Yeah....um...about that.

Beat it. ;)
  • Can we have 100 posts per page?
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Scoops: any chance of side avatars instead of the ones on top? Less scrolling imo.

bump 4 plz to be responding?

Also see site feedback for my other request of 100 posts/page.
    request of 100 posts/page.

This is all I want for Christmas.
    Can we have 100 posts per page?
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    This is all I want for Christmas.

What would be the advantage of having it setup like this? Seems it would just be longer load times..

Update: This has been changed to allow up to 100 posts per page..You can change your personal preference for this setting under - User CP -Settings & Options - Edit Options - Number of Posts to Show Per Page

I can't believe I didn't even know about that option..It is kinda nice.
    What would be the advantage of having it setup like this? Seems it would just be longer load times..

I agree.

Id like to just be able to just type in the quick reply box, instead of clicking the icon.
  • fedh8er wrote: »
    I agree.

Id like to just be able to just type in the quick reply box, instead of clicking the icon.

I was thinking about doing this as well but seems it can cause problems:
    If you choose not to require a click, the system will not know to which post a user is replying, making both the threaded and hybrid display modes nonsensical.

We strongly recommend that you set the option to require a click if you use Quick Reply and have Threaded Mode available on your forums.
    Does anyone used Threaded Mode anyway?
    I was thinking about doing this as well but seems it can cause problems:

Does anyone used Threaded Mode anyway?

generally if you are "quick replying" you are repling to the previous post (saving bandwith with less quoting), or replying to no posts and giving your own opinion.

im a moderator on a vbulletin forum, so I know from experience that quick reply box will not cause any problems.
    Update: This has been changed to allow up to 100 posts per page..You can change your personal preference for this setting under - User CP -Settings & Options - Edit Options - Number of Posts to Show Per Page

I can't believe I didn't even know about that option..It is kinda nice.

zomg, sick!

..now about those side avatars? ;)
  • fedh8er wrote: »
    generally if you are "quick replying" you are repling to the previous post (saving bandwith with less quoting), or replying to no posts and giving your own opinion.

im a moderator on a vbulletin forum, so I know from experience that quick reply box will not cause any problems.

Click less Quick Reply is done..
    Click less Quick Reply is done..

perfect,

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.