Nintendo Wii shortage?

13»

Comments

• You thought I was lying? I'm hurt!

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    You thought I was lying? I'm hurt!

Mark

Not at all brother...just confirming, I know they rumoured it for Xbox a while back as well...plus I saw another game called Gunstar Heroes and thought for a micro-second 'geesh, hope he didn't misread something?'
  • Big E wrote: »
    Not at all brother...just confirming, I know they rumoured it for Xbox a while back as well.'

GH2 for Xbox 360 was launched this week.
  • Just got confirmation my Wii shipped last night woohoo...wait wtf am I cheering for, it's for my kids and won't be opened unless they keep up with their A's and B's? One C on their final report card and it stays in the closet.
  • and it stays in the closet.

Well atleast STP will have some company in there

hahaha
    Just got confirmation my Wii shipped last night woohoo...wait wtf am I cheering for, it's for my kids and won't be opened unless they keep up with their A's and B's? One C on their final report card and it stays in the closet.

Just finnished plugging mine in!

I will wait for the morning to show the kids! (giggle) I feel like one of them.
  • Add your friend code!!
    Add your friend code!!

Mine showed up yesterday, so I spent most of the night setting it up and playing Paper Mario.
    Big E wrote: »
    I saw another game called Gunstar Heroes and thought for a micro-second 'geesh, hope he didn't misread something?'

Gunstar Heroes is a good game (like the Metal Slug series). Plus it's made by Treasure who did Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, Gradius V for the PS2, etc. They make the best shooters.

I can see myself spending a ton of money on the virtual console.
  • Dead Money wrote: »
    Just finnished plugging mine in!

I will wait for the morning to show the kids! (giggle) I feel like one of them.

So that's where you were yesterday......

BTW I got mine yesterday as well.
  • So looks like we all got them yesterday, I usually hate the Source well at least when it was Radio Shack....Radio Crap had horrible products and they were over priced and the staff was beyong frustrating...never been in since the name change but I am very impressed with the way this order was handled.
    So looks like we all got them yesterday, I usually hate the Source well at least when it was Radio Shack....Radio Crap had horrible products and they were over priced and the staff was beyong frustrating...never been in since the name change but I am very impressed with the way this order was handled.

Well I had a real hard time trying to get information from them as to when it was shipping and that, I sent a few e-mails asking for info and got very little back.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    Well I had a real hard time trying to get information from them as to when it was shipping and that, I sent a few e-mails asking for info and got very little back.

Hmmm, I called the guy Thursday a.m. because my credit card had not been charged yet. He was very nice, said they never charge until delivery and that he had confirmation my package left their plant late Wednesday night and I should expect it Friday or Monday...the little sticky was on my door that day when I got home.....I do find more and more companies offer support via email in todays electronic world yet they never seem to respond in an acceptable amount of time....a phone call always seems to get better and faster results.
    Add your friend code!!

Where do you find that? With only a month left of school we surprised the kids early with their Wii....like today...it was a fun day for sure...even the wife enjoyed the sports games!

Rented Spiderman 3 for my oldest, horrible reviews, he likes it but parts are very hard for him (he's 8). From what I saw the reviews are pretty accurate. Web swinging is fun, enemies are repetitive and boring quickly, bosses are overly tough, graphics when high up are as bad as expected.

Rented Paper Mario for my youngest....almost punched out my TV getting through 40 minutes of the worst dialogue I have ever read before the actual game started and he could actually play something...the game itself looks awesome after all but man that opening dialogue went on...and on....and on...and on......

Gotta say, it's a very unique and fun platform...and we love it. I mean where else can a 6 year old knock out his Dad with a sweet kidney shot!!!!!

Even creating your Mii image is fun.
  • Rented Paper Mario for my youngest....almost punched out my TV getting through 40 minutes of the worst dialogue I have ever read before the actual game started and he could actually play something...the game itself looks awesome after all but man that opening dialogue went on...and on....and on...and on......

Nintendo interprets "Role Playing Game" as inane dialogue that takes 10 minutes every chapter... Hearts? I'm waiting for Mario to collect blue diamonds and purple horseshoes so Nintendo can get sued by Lucky Charms.
  • To get the Friend code...

Go to the Wii Menu
    Bottom right corner is where you can access your messages (should say "1" everytime you play a game, because it clocks the time you spend on it each day - NEVER READ THIS MESSAGE - it's just not healthy ;) )
    Click on "address book" and it'll open a book where you can click on spaces to add friends (and their codes)
    click on the "go back one page arrow" to go to the "cover" of your address book and it'll have the code

Mark
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Nintendo interprets "Role Playing Game" as inane dialogue that takes 10 minutes every chapter... Hearts? I'm waiting for Mario to collect blue diamonds and purple horseshoes so Nintendo can get sued by Lucky Charms.

sweet, so I have this to look forward to for each chapter...better hit the beer store!

at least the game itself looks fun and the little guy loves it, especially flipping to 3D mode.
    To get the Friend code...

Go to the Wii Menu
    Bottom right corner is where you can access your messages (should say "1" everytime you play a game, because it clocks the time you spend on it each day - NEVER READ THIS MESSAGE - it's just not healthy ;) )
    Click on "address book" and it'll open a book where you can click on spaces to add friends (and their codes)
    click on the "go back one page arrow" to go to the "cover" of your address book and it'll have the code

Mark

Cool, I'll add you in tonight Mark, the kids want to bowl again tonight and dammit, I want to win this time!
  • For those that don't know... my Wii was stolen about a month ago, along with a bunch of other stuff outta my house... so regardless, I have two things:

A: My new Wii # 4690-0888-6581-2329

B: Anyone that had my old Wii setup, please feel free to send a message and see if that FUCKER responds :)

So, I'm going to go through this thread and re-add y'all
    Mark