Pirana Poker Olympics, Sunday Jan 7th in Waterloo

I thought I would create a new thread here as more may see it rather that under the Ryder Cup section. Deadline is apparently Jan 4th. I believe that Dr Tyore is entering a team and so are the Rocks. This is our chance to get our "team" title back...... Cost is negligble, ie just the bar bill so more for pride and fun really. If you like you can also go to www.piranapokertour.com for more details...... Anyone else interested in entering a team?

When: Sunday January 7th, 2007
Where: Philthy McNasty's Waterloo
Teams: 6 Players

First Event: 7 Card Stud
-2 Players from each team will take part in this elimination style tournament starting at 12:30 pm
-Each position is worth 2 team points
-15 minute blind levels

Second Event: Pot Limit Omaha [reg not hi-lo]
-2 Players from each team will take part in this elimination style tournament starting at 1:00 pm
-15 minute blind levels

3rd Event: No Limit Holdem Sit N Go
-1 person from each team will take part in a sit n go table tournament starting at 1:00 pm
-15 minute blind levels

4th Event: No Limit Holdem Double Elimination Headsup Tournament
-1 person from each team will take part in the double knockout headsup tournament starting at 1:15 pm
-No add-ons
-10 hand blind levels
-20 minute match maximum [most chips at end of time wins]

Final Event: Freezeout Tournament
-All team members will take part in this event
-Will be held at St. Louis in Kitchener at 6:00 pm
-Regular structure blind levels

Details:
Check-in will begin at 12 Noon.
Any team members who are not present at the end of the first blind level in any of the tournaments will take a loss.
Due to the complexity of this event, no registrations will be accepted after January 4th, 2007 at midnight
Registrations must be made by email to craig@piranapokerinc.com with team name, all team members names and what events they'll be playing.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Comments

• I'm up for a pokerforum.ca team; preference would be SnG or heads up; so if any members prefer the 7 Card stud and Omaha spots, let me know and we can get the team together.
  • Wreaks of a "Club Game" thread to me......

Freeroll or not...it's not at anyones "home"

D

p.s. GL to the Rocks.
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    Wreaks of a "Club Game" thread to me......

Freeroll or not...it's not at anyones "home"

D

p.s. GL to the Rocks.
    Well I wondered where to put it as well...... There is no charge and therefore no "rake". so it's not really a club game either.... hmm, r we going to get into that discussion again......

P.S. Am I banned for 14 days now? If I am do i get a little badge of honour or some other symbol like the other "bad" boys on here? :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Well I wondered where to put it as well...... There is no charge and therefore no "rake". so it's not really a club game either.... hmm, r we going to get into that discussion again......

P.S. Am I banned for 14 days now? If I am do i get a little badge of honour or some other symbol like the other "bad" boys on here? :)

I'd bann ya but you would like it too much. While not a "home" game in the sense it is rake free. so therefore a club game distinction is a little strict. Still if you want to spank jeff don't let me stop ya. :)

Peace out....
  • Yo all you muthafuckas!

Team "FUCK YOUR SHIT UP" will skooool u waterloser losers.

We are waiting for confirmation from our KEY ringer, and then we'll post this most wonderfully enlighted, attractive, shit talking list of POKER superstars.

You little bitchz best be ready to take it prison style, we are going to fuck you all so long and hard, the shower water will turn cold! Werrrrrrrrd!

Sincerely,
    Your Daddys (and mommy)

P.S. " :D "
  • Just to let you guys know, this event has been postponed for a while to allow more teams to get involved..... Lets see how many teams we can get to represent Pokerforum and take our "rightful" team title back..... So you can check yourselves here is the link..

http://www.piranapokertour.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=395
  • I'd like to play if anyone is getting a team together?
  • Big E wrote: »
    I'd like to play if anyone is getting a team together?

PM Drtyore, he's our leader.
  • This has now been rescheduled to Feb 18th. Get your teams ready... The Rocks are coming for you!
    This has now been rescheduled to Feb 18th. Get your teams ready... The Rocks are coming for you!

If it's been rescheduled I may put together a team then. I need to check work schedule etc.
  • Just make sure, if you are putting a team together, please go to the Pirana website, register, go to the forums, Upcoming Tournaments/Events, Poker Olympics, and let Solace015 know you are entering. He is co-ordinating.
    Just make sure, if you are putting a team together, please go to the Pirana website, register, go to the forums, Upcoming Tournaments/Events, Poker Olympics, and let Solace015 know you are entering. He is co-ordinating.

I have gone there and registered. I am waiting confirmation from 2 players then I should have a team. Then the rocks will be in trouble as far as the best forum team goes....... But as we all know in poker anything can (and will ) happen.
  • Looks like this is shaping up to be a CPF battle? Side bets????
  • This is shaping up to be Royal Cup 2½! Are all the following members setting up teams?

1) compuease - Milton Rocks?
    2) haddon - F*CK YOUR SHIT UP
    3) Dr. Tyore - Heartbreak Kids?
    4) AcidJoe
    5) BlondeFish - Royal Cup Champs

That poker tour is not very good at marketing, and it seems there are more teams so far from this forum than their own tour!
    Big E wrote: »
    Looks like this is shaping up to be a CPF battle? Side bets????
  • I'm not sure if I'm going to harp in on the HBK name.... that's more a RC thing....

Maybe "Tyore's Angels" haha... :)

Mark
  • Yes I am setting up a team. Haven't thought about a team name mind you, but once I get all my players confirmed I'll post both here and on the piranah forum.
  • Do we know when this was re-scheduled to?

Mark
  • As soon as I have a date of the new one I can get player confirmations.
    This has now been rescheduled to Feb 18th. Get your teams ready... The Rocks are coming for you!

Is this not the new date?
  • I hope so because I've been going with that date.

Edit: I just went to their web site and here is the official werd.

This event has been rescheduled for Sunday February 18th, 2007 at Philthys, all times the same as above. For those teams that need to practise their stud and omaha skills, every Sunday between now and then with the exception of the 21st of January, we have stud at 12:30 and Omaha at 3:30 as our regular game.

Team registration deadline is February 14th.
  • Mark,

I'm good for the 18th.

stp
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm going to harp in on the HBK name.... that's more a RC thing....

Maybe "Tyore's Angels" haha... :)

Mark

Um...the Dirty Whores?

Or DrTyores Dirty Whores?
  • All my four Royal Cup II championship teammates who played Seven-Card Stud cannot make it for February 18, so I am looking for a couple of good Stud players. If you are interested in joining the steroid-enhanced >:D "Royal Cup Champs" to win the Pirana Poker Olympics, please PM me.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    All my four Royal Cup II championship teammates who played Seven-Card Stud cannot make it for February 18, so I am looking for a couple of good Stud players. If you are interested in joining the steroid-enhanced >:D "Royal Cup Champs" to win the Pirana Poker Olympics, please PM me.

LOL, what you payin? Perhaps I can rent you a Rock... We have plenty of "Stud" players on our "B" team......
    LOL, what you payin? Perhaps I can rent you a Rock... We have plenty of "Stud" players on our "B" team......

Is MIlton SLim part of your A or B team? He's only a "Stud" in Milton LOL
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    Is MIlton SLim part of your A or B team? He's only a "Stud" in Milton LOL

He's on whichever team he wants to be on.... lol.. however we only need the B team to beat this motley crew... :)
  • It's Actually Motley Crue..... and don't forget you got my team to contend with..... that is unless we roll a fattie and forget to show up..... or bring the doritos......

Edit: My team has now been confirmed. We are a GO!.
  • Ok this was on their web site and if someone can make heads or tails of it tell me as I can't. Are there rebuys or is it a freezeout?
    Solace015 wrote:
    Just a reminder the registration deadline is fast approaching. We have several teams ready to take on the challenge. If your team is ready, please email me [craig@piranapokerinc.com] with your team name, all team members names and which events they'll be playing.
    Also, forgot to mention, all events [with the exception of headsup] will start with 3000 chips with 1000 available in addons [1000/purchase] at the beginning and another 2000 at break. All events except headsup are freezeout.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    This is shaping up to be Royal Cup 2½! Are all the following members setting up teams?

1) compuease - Milton Rocks?
    2) haddon - F*CK YOUR SHIT UP
    3) Dr. Tyore - Heartbreak Kids?
    4) AcidJoe
    5) BlondeFish - Royal Cup Champs

That poker tour is not very good at marketing, and it seems there are more teams so far from this forum than their own tour!

For those forum members who are playing is there any interest in getting a side pool together. The piranah thing has no entry to my knowledge and I"m willing to put the side pot together. If not we'll play for pride (which is always good too).
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    For those forum members who are playing is there any interest in getting a side pool together. The piranah thing has no entry to my knowledge and I"m willing to put the side pot together. If not we'll play for pride (which is always good too).

Now Joe, let's be fair here, we wouldn't want to just take money from our forum friends...isn't plahing for pride in their better interest?

Oh what am I talking about? Dan and I like money...we'll gladly take it.