Pirana Poker Olympics, Sunday Jan 7th in Waterloo

Comments

• AcidJoe wrote: »
    Ok this was on their web site and if someone can make heads or tails of it tell me as I can't. Are there rebuys or is it a freezeout?
    It's a bar tourney, right? Sounds like you get extra starting chips for buying drinks/food from the bar.

Please leave the name of this as Pirana Poker Olympics. Royal Cup 2 1/2 it is not.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    It's a bar tourney, right? Sounds like you get extra starting chips for buying drinks/food from the bar.

Please leave the name of this as Pirana Poker Olympics. Royal Cup 2 1/2 it is not.

/g2
    Couldn't agree more, I vote that anyone referring to this in any way as a Royal or Ryder cup event should be banned forever! Since it's a free bar event it's really just that, a practice event, akin to play money.... :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, I vote that anyone referring to this in any way as a Royal or Ryder cup event should be banned forever! Since it's a free bar event it's really just that, a practice event, akin to play money.... :)

Given the Royal Cup III has been announced I doubt this would even qualify as 2 1/2.

But akin to play money given the forum teams entering I doubt. It should be a good warm up for the cup tho.
  • The pirana forum seems to be down and I have not heard a word since. Any idea what's going on?
    The pirana forum seems to be down and I have not heard a word since. Any idea what's going on?
    Seems fine from here Joe, perhaps you're just too far north, the lines are frozen?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Seems fine from here Joe, perhaps you're just too far north, the lines are frozen?

It's working now but I"ve had no further e mails after I registered my team. There seems to be no updates on their forum either. Just curious if anyone else has heard anything.
  • Hey...

My team needs one more player... any takers?

So far:

stpboy shannon
    DataMn Al
    Itsame Mario
    JOhnnieh Johnnie
    DrTyore Mark
  • I wanna play (subject to negotiation with the wife).
  • if any teams need an extra im willing to play i live in waterloo, minutes from philthys...
  • I'd say a round of beers or something...

Mark
  • The game is still on and people need to register their team by Feb 14th to craig@piranapokerinc.com

stp
  • I will officially register my team today. Have all the other forum teams below registered yet?
    1) compuease - Milton Rocks?
    2) haddon - F*CK YOUR SHIT UP
    3) Dr. Tyore - Heartbreak Kids?
    4) AcidJoe
    5) BlondeFish - Royal Cup Champs
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I will officially register my team today. Have all the other forum teams below registered yet?

My team is registered, we just need a name. Last time I checked we were the pimps and hoes.....LOL
  • Well boys, the skill level of this tourney just went up...

THE DIRTY WHORES are registered....

We got a killer line-up

PLOM: "DrTyore" Mark & "DataMn" Al

SCS: "stpboy" Shannon & "JohnnieH" Johnnie

NLHE: "Itsame" Mario

Heads up: "pokerdro" Sandro...

WHOOO!

Mark
  • I read that there are already 8 teams officially registered. If that poker tour promotes it properly at their ~100 locations before the February 14 deadline, this could become a big event.
    I read that there are already 8 teams officially registered. If that poker tour promotes it properly at their ~100 locations before the February 14 deadline, this could become a big event.

With one week to go before the dead line I doubt it's going to become a really big event. They have been trying to promote the hell out of this for a while now. That being said we are still playing. :)
  • Actually, only one person has been promoting it in their website for the past two months. In all that time, I have never seen it promoted via email or in any of their bar tournaments. When I was trying to complete my six-member team, I talked to a lot of their regular players, but nobody had been told about the Poker Olympics. Assuming that compuease and haddon register their teams, half of the teams may come from this single forum thread instead of that tour's thousands of members!

Anyway, is anybody else having trouble logging into their forum?
    AcidJoe wrote: »
    They have been trying to promote the hell out of this for a while now.
    Anyway, is anybody else having trouble logging into their forum?

I was but it seems all fixed for this week.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Well boys, the skill level of this tourney just went up...

WHOOO!

Mark

Did it really go up????? :)

Ok here is our line up however they aren't all forum members.

SCS

"Easy" Amanda and "Acidjoeshoe" Aimee

Omaha

"Acidjoe" and Dan

NL

Todd

HU

Bill

I just hope todd isn't on tilt still for the 12K pot he lost yesterday at fallsview with quad Q's.
  • OK this is really late, but if anyone is looking for a mercenary PLOM player, or a Stud 7 player let me know :) hahahah Just PM and I'll be there..

ATM_GP
  • You know someone that plays PLOM graham?

Mark
  • Jeff, I didn't see you on the list of confirmed teams. Solace says you are yet to fully confirm. If you do there is eight teams in it for sunday.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    You know someone that plays PLOM graham?

Mark

Of course, PLOM is Pot Limit Omaha Mercenary style...thought you might have figured that one out Mark ;)
    Jeff, I didn't see you on the list of confirmed teams. Solace says you are yet to fully confirm. If you do there is eight teams in it for sunday.
    Don't worry Joe, we're in! (although we are breaking in a couple of new members from the "B" team since this isn't a real mainstream event like the Ryder.( Just wanted to keep it quiet as long as possible... let these other teams think they have a chance for a while. The organizers asked me to do that otherwise the bar would hardly make anything since no one else would show up...!
  • Unfortunately we just had a cancellation of of one of our players. Is anyone available to play tomorrow. I can juggle so you can play PLO or Hold em. Please PM me

Thanks.
  • One of my Olympic teammates got confused with Royal Cup III, and also can't make it for tomorrow. :eek: My team is scrambling for a replacement tonight. I have made a lot of phone calls and nobody is available so far, including a Pirana :fish:who just bubbled out of tonight's final table at West Side Poker Club.

AcidJoe, there may be players tomorrow showing up at the bar for its regular weekly Stud tournament who are not part of a team. As a reminder to everybody, I believe that sign-up begins at noon and the first Olympic event is at 12:30.
    AcidJoe wrote: »
    Unfortunately we just had a cancellation of of one of our players.
  • Miranda is now available if someone needs her. I will be leaving my place at about 11:00 so if someone needs her let us know by then.
  • I may be a few minutes late, but I have already cleared this with Drtyore.
  • pokerdro wrote: »
    Miranda is now available if someone needs her. I will be leaving my place at about 11:00 so if someone needs her let us know by then.

PM sent Sandro. Please confirm that she is coming thanx.
  • She is in. See you guys soon.