Royal Cup of Poker - Guelph

Comments

• I will be hosting some games on Sunday. Details to follow tomorrow. We will play a couple of different games. We can play the games for money but I do not think using this money for the entry fee is a good idea. Also I would like to play a few people in a heads up game. No money just for evaulation purposes.

The top 3 players in the qualifers standing will get a spot on the team and then I will reserve the option to pick the last player based on what I have seen and evaluated in the various games. The players that are on the shortlist will be asked to play also.
  • I will be hosting a couple tournaments on Sunday for qualifiers to the team.

Starting off with a FL Holdem SNG and followed by a PL Omaha SNG.
    These will be $10 tourneys and payouts will depend on # of players

Looking to start the night off at 6:30 so let me know if you can make it.

1 MIRMIR24
    2 Pokerdro
    3 Quaine
    4 Rich
    5 RiverMike
    6 Tim
    7 Ali
    8 Big Mike
  • Who is allowed to attend. I will be there, I just want to know if i can bring my wife. Also, I may not be able to play the second game depending on start time, because I have to work on Sunday nghts.
  • My bells and I would like to attend.
    River Rat Mike :d:
  • If you could pm me the time and address for sunday and any other details I may need to know it would be grand.

Thanks
  • What is the blind schedule for this Limit tourney? It has just occured to me that if we start at 6:30, I might not have time to play anyways, because I have to work at midnight, and my experience is that limit tourney's take a little longer than NL. Let me know soon please, because the blinds may affect my palns for tonight.

Thanks, Rich.

PS, will there be more opporunities to ualify, or is this it? If there are other dates, like a Friday or Saturday time, mayybe I will do that one instead.
  • So what were the results from Sunday night? And is there going to be a second chance to qualify. You didn't respond to me about the end time, so i had to assume the worst and just stay home so I wasn't late for work. I have a real problem leaving poker games.
  • The team is tentatively picked. The game ended at just before 11:00. You would have had plenty of time to play in both games.
  • Well, good lucky to ya.

If a spot opens up I might be willing to take it.

I'd play either PLO or 7CS.
  • So Sandro was right we need a team name
    Considering that 1/3 of team is named mike i say we call it the Big River Cowboys of Guelph.
    lol
    Seriously we need a real name
    River Mike
  • Big River Cowboys is accually viable...
    kinda funny...quirky..but then we'd all have to wear Cowboy hats
    i'm not sure i could pull off a cowboy hat.
    btw...i still think i should be in the running for omaha..
  • dont you mean Oklahoma
  • I think so far we have established the following

Stud

MirMIR
    RiverMike

Omaha
    Big Mike
    Ali

I can finish dead last in any of the two others so I will take the scraps.
    We will have some more warm ups next Thursday to figure this out.

Team Names ???

Hmm how about Easy Ryders. oops wrong team :D In the theme of tonights games River Ryders or 5 Poker players and 3 Mikes and anytime we get dealt 53 we raise or go all in.
  • Hey Team!

Jen (she was in the league) wants to have a tourny at her place tomorrow evening. Single table, couple games $20 first, then probably a $10 to follow if there is time. Her games area always fun, and we could rehash the river action of last night playing NLHE :D That would be fun! Let me know if you are interested ASAP as there are only probably 10 seats.

Mir
  • would love to, but im gonna be in london this weekend, perhaps another time...jen, fold your suited cards!...lol
  • I'm playing hockey tommorrow but thanks
  • okay...team name..what about "Best in Show"
    It has Royal (like the royal winter fair) connotations, also...maybe, dog show connotations...but i still think it's kinda cool.
    i dunno..i was on a treadmill and though to myself.."that'd be a cool name!"
    the other one was "Wag the dog"
    that takes far too much explainning tho.
  • now dont say no until you have taken time to think about this one but
    Newell's 8
    know stop laughing and think everyone at the tourney is gonna be like who is newell and these eight people. It's Classy and you like it.

PS Im gonna nominate myself officail Team Mascot :D
  • Mike Newell? I think I know that name...

Anyways, good luck guys. Represent Guelph well. Any posting on the full roster?
  • isint he the guy who directed that crappy harry potter! (j/jk!)
    i'll leave it to sandro to post the whole roster!
  • I think Team Gualph should wear Aviator sunglasses
    BOO YAA
    The Chuck Norris of Poker aka River Mike
  • ALright ya'll! 7 card stud time!
    Who's in?
    I"ve got me..river mike and cowboy mike confirmed
    nadine wont be playing (She's being all studious)..........
    let me know..
    it's tomorrow....7pm.

1. Mark
    2. River Mike
    3. Cowboy Mike
    4. Sandro (pretty sure)
    5. Mirmir (again..pretty sure)
    6. Big mike (he better be avaliable!!)
    7. ALi???
    8. Ken (i would imagine..)
  • I should be good, but if someone is dying to play and we're full, I don't
    mind passing my seat along to someone who's representing us at the Ryder...
  • I should be good, but if someone is dying to play and we're full, I don't
    mind passing my seat along to someone who's representing us at the Ryder...

You can pass the seat to yourself. Your representing for the Cup. I guess the question is Omaha or Stud?
  • Quiane wrote:
    ALright ya'll!  7 card stud time!
    Who's in?
    I"ve got me..river mike and cowboy mike confirmed
    nadine wont be playing (She's being all studious)..........
    let me know..
    it's tomorrow....7pm.

1. Mark
    2. River Mike
    3. Cowboy Mike
    4. Sandro (pretty sure)
    5. Mirmir (again..pretty sure)
    6. Big mike (he better be avaliable!!)
    7. ALi???
    8. Ken (i would imagine..)

We will be there.
  • You can pass the seat to yourself.  Your representing for the Cup. I guess the question is Omaha or Stud?

lol, verification...I meant if someone who's on our team, who's playing Stud for sure in Feb and who isn't on the list for Thursday,
    but wants to bump someone like me (who would probably rather play Omaha for the team)...blah blah...
    OK, I'll be there.. 

:D

...and hey, wait a second...how'd you get $11bucks with only 54 posts?? ;)
  • I've been playing online and im getting the hang of this 7 card stud game.
    Better than omaha.
    Ill be there with my aviators on
    BOO YAA
    River Mike aka Newell, Square, 007
  • dude. you are only allowed one nickname.
    read my lips.
    ONE!
    unless it's sandro.
    he can have as many as he likes

• ...and hey, wait a second...how'd you get $11bucks with only 54 posts?? ;)

It's part of an elaborate kick back scheme
  • I'm out for tomorrow, not only do I not get a big screen tv, but I gotta go to a lab party for her...... I would love to I can't dammit.

mike

PS Jay might be in he is going to get back to me tomorrow if he wants in so pm me if there is room