Royal Cup of Poker - Guelph

I have a list in my mind for people to be considered for the Guelph Team. I will list them here.  You guys can let me know if you are interested if not I apologize in advance for putting you on the list prematurely.

Myself  Optional game PL Omaha
Mirmir   Optional game FL 7 Card Stud
Cowboy Mike
Quaine
ANTE River
Ali   Optional game PL Omaha
RiverMike
BigMike  Optional game PL Omaha

Comments

• February...sure thing, I'll need a break from work that month :)
  • I would be in if it is a weekend date. I will hold down the team for the Stud game fo sho.

I think that you should add 2CUTE4POKER to the shortlist, because I am sure that not all these people will make it.

I also like Limit hold'em tourneys, and I know not alot of people have experience in that field.

In fact, I would quite enjoy myself if I didn't have to play NL hold'em all day.
  • Yes i imagine it will be a Saturday date.
  • Count me in. Big time.
  • I'm so in Dude. I can play Stud and No limit. Omaha is kind of up in the air.
  • I think that we may even have enough for a second guelph team if everyone wants in. I volenteer to captain one of them if that is the case.

And Mark...if you are in, get online and start practicing stud...i know that you would kick ass if you practiced, you analytical bastard.
  • Guelph will only have one team in this first competition. Possibly n the next one we can qualify two.
  • So how are you going to select people to be on the team if too many want in? I suppose a starting line up and then the second stringers? Are you the captian? Maybe we could have a tourney for $10 for all the people that want in, and the top 6 get in, and the prize pool could buy "Team Guelph" T-Shirts. Are there any pro sports that run in Februrary besides hockey? Maybe we could coincide with a big event( the all-star game or something)Also, will this be a licenced event....well I suppose that depends on the venue, right? Why am I asking all these questions here when I am going to see you on Sunday? Maybe so that no one else asks the same thing....
  • alright, i will practice stud.......with those two in my message "box" over there! OH!
    okay..but i'm definatly in! how many per team was it decided? There are a lot of very talented players here in guelph!
    How are we going to pear down the list once we have those who are interested?
  • So who wants to pitch in and rent a Expidition Limo so that we can show up in style and outclass all the other teams.

I m reading their threads too, and they don't stand a chance.

dawnsboyrich says..........JUST BRING IT!!!!!!
  • I like to do my talking on the felt. As for the team it is a team of 6 and I am assuming the Captains Chair as I had one nomination and I started this whole mess.

As for the remaining 5 spots I do have some people in mind based on skills they have. I am sure we will have a series of games to evaluate the potential team members and take it from there. There will also be a swim suit competition. On second thought maybe not.
  • Hey, trash talking is half the fun, like driving to california in an RV.
  • i got dibbs on the 2 piece!
  • I'm torn between Milton and Guelph team....which do i join????
  • I'd say that if there is a milton/oakville team, that would be your place, since you live there.
  • ALi,

We can discuss this tonight. I know you lived in Guelph for some time so that may make you eligible for Guelph as well.
  • and i'd fully prefer to have ali on my team as opposed to playing against my team.
    and his mom has a hotel.
    makes for great team parties.
    'nuff said
  • sounds fun i need some practice with omaha and such
    The River Rat
  • I was thinking that we need some guidelines as to who will be on our loverly team.
    First we should know how much the buy in per team will be (i think people were saying 40 per person?).  Second, a definate number of players...(i think it is 6).
    third....and this should be binding....everyon should have to say "not it" and if you say "not it" last, you're totally it.
    everyone got it?
    accually, i'm just looking for clarity, as i can provide none.
    M
    oh..not it.
    oh btw...i've heard rumors of other cities having more than one team? are there general guide lines on that? and is the format of this just one giant tourney?
  • okay..me again....i'm very interested in playing some 7 stud........i'd be willing to host..i've godda get some practice...i'm co-captain.
    okay, i'm not really
    :)
    but i'd still like to play some 7 stud.........let me know if there is interest!
    M
  • I thought the games were n/l hold'em, limit holdem, 5 card stud, and omaha?
    And if Marks a Captain im out
    Cuz hes a Jerk
    Yeah thats right i said it
    What you gonna do about huh mark

PS You cant hurt me in any way mark cuz i can run faster than you Mike
  • more reason for me not to be co-captain, i dont even know the games...
    oaky...so i'm still on board for playing some 7 stud, because i'm interested..but i also wanna play some omaha, and 5 stud
    okay

let mek now
    m
  • When/are we going to be running qualifiers for this thing. I think it needs to start really soon if we are going to do qualifiers.

If no qualifiers, and you are just going to draft people, O Captain My Captain, then who's it gonna be?
  • I have two or three members that I have selected in my mind by their NL Hold em experience and finishes. We will start some kind of qualifiers to get the team in order. The teams will now be 8 man teams so there will be more players involved.
    I will let everyone know on Monday. Keep the suggestions coming.
  • Am I on the list? I think that all this secrecy is too political. If there are people that are going to make it on the team because big cheif wampum say so then let us know, and get on with the qualifiers for the rest of us schmucks. Are the qualifiers going to be for money to bring the price down for the actual event. I am sure that the people trying to get in wouldn't have a problem throwing down $5 to go into the total team cost pool.
  • There is no secrecy's here.  I want to have an open and fair chance for players to earn a spot on the team. If I need to give a short list here it is based on NL experience.

Myself
    Ante River  << placed in quite a few tournaments that I have played with him. Also 2nd in the League Finals
    Cowboy Mike << 1st in League standings.  Finished well in Rockwood.
    MIRMIR24  << If I don't she would kill me. She was 2nd in league standing (won two tournaments).  Chopped 1st in a 20 something person Stud tourney with Mark at Bristol.

The other 4 spots I would like to see filled by various qualifiers from this list.

Mark
    Big Mike
    Rich
    Tim
    River Mike
    Ali
    Cowboy's cousin
    Brian
    and a couple others.

If you can't make it out Feb 18th let me know then we can shorten the list.
  • I would love to attempt to qualify but cannot make Feb. 18th. If that's the only date, my bad luck.
  • alright, sign me up for the qualifier...when is it etc etc?
    when is valentimes day again?
    hehe
    M
  • I'll be there with bells on.
    River Rat Mike
  • OK then schmucks...do you guys want to play these qualifiers for a few dollars? I was thinking that we could play $5 per game and if Sandro leaves it up to us to wittle ourselves down to 4 people then we could do a game of each. If there are ten of us and we play 4 games ( one of each dicipline) then that would cover the cost for the people that need to qualify to play. (5 x 10 = 50 x 4 = 200)
    I am willing to host if wanted.
    Maybe we could get together once per week (Suanday afternoons????) and have a point system to determine the people that qualify. I don't know if it would work, but I am sure we can hammer something out. If all else fails, we could ask the oil wrestling league to set up some event for us.

*edit*
    I'll be there with bells on.
    River Rat Mike

I'm going to hold you to that....no bells, no entry. Maybe it'll give us a tell on you...lol