Vegas 2018

13»

Comments

• moose wrote: »
    https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/moose-in-vegas-2018.35472/

Also my nephew's struggle with ID continues. He gets checked by security and his license expired yesterday.

As long as he's not driving, I don't see why they can't use it as ID. It has his picture and date of birth on it. Not sure what the rules are entering the states but the rules for Ontario are below.

Expired driver's license as ID
    Acceptable identity documents. ... Expired documents are not acceptable, with the exception of an Ontario driver's licence or Ontario enhanced driver's licence that is expired less than one year.Nov 17, 2017
    Acceptable identity documents | Ontario.ca
    https://www.ontario.ca/page/acceptable-identity-documents
  • Can hardly wait to get there and ask your nephew about id.... Are we still doing Ellis Island Sunday evening?
  • Saving it for you. Plan to be at Excalibur until 3pm. Will meet at Ballys poker room.
  • Well so much for Swoop. Get here 2 hrs prior to departure to find out that the flight has been delayed to 8pm, that's 10 f'n hours, no notification, nothing.. waste a whole day and now I won't make dinner tonight, sorry guys.
  • Too bad. First bad beat.

Playing Mirage today. They have the best football promos.
  • Hey Jac, we can meet at mirage and eat at hash house today and do BBQ tomorrow.
    Hey Jac, we can meet at mirage and eat at hash house today and do BBQ tomorrow.

Ok. Let me know what time to meet at Mirage.
  • JacNoK wrote: »
    Ok. Let me know what time to meet at Mirage.

Just get here. I assume you are hungry
  • Hey, I'm hungry too...... (Stuck here in Hamilton).....:( Maybe I should order in one of those bread and sauce things..
  • I'm here in Hamilton too, There are lots of places to eat.
  • I'm here in Hamilton too, There are lots of places to eat.
    yep lots of places to eat, just not a lot of planes that fly.
  • Shipped the 6pm bounty at Flamingo for $393 and $225 in bounties and $40 in last longer
  • Doubling down. Now we are playing the 11pm at Bally's.
  • Mon 3:45pm meet at Ballys to go to Ellis Island bbq

Yep and before we left Hamilton that's similar to the version we were getting.. I blame Halifax.

p.s. I just checked in 30 min ago. At least the cabbie didn't long haul me..
  • A very good day yesterday..

First a tournament win at Harrah's then my 2nd biggest pot ever at 1/2 or 1/3, just over $1100.. Flopped the nut straight with K,10
    preflop raiser bet 30 into a $30 pot and another caller before me on the button, I call since it was a rainbow. Turn non important 6 or so I thought. raiser bets $40, next guy raises to 80, I think and shove about $400 trying to isolate against the 2nd raiser, initial better thinks and shoves her stack which slightly covers mine. 2nd raiser thinks and shoves for less, maybe $200 more, crazy. I of course think I'm up against maybe 2 pair and a set??. River another 6 and I think I'm dead, but nope, both looked and mucked, maybe both 2 pair??? Anyways I love PHO.

IMG_20181204_153317.jpg

IMG_20181204_235915.jpg
  • What was the structure at Harrah's like at the end?

I found Flamingo became total bingo
    6000/12000
    10000/20000
    20000/40000
    40000/80000
  • Nice comp! Check/fold/shove nuts to victory!
  • Naw it was all skill at the end and it won out.. lol, it should have been pretty bad but I actually got HU with a local big black guy who was pretty aggressive most of the time and I sat across from him most of the tournament, he had a huge lead with 4 left but i got a little lucky had good cards, JJ and took out 3 and 4 together to be only down to him 3/1 in chips. They each had only 3 or 4 BB's, stupid huh? Both were crying for a bubble , I never said a thing as I only had 8BB after doubling one of them up from 2BB to 4. He rightly refused. Can't recall the actual blinds as I only really care about # of BB's but he had about 260K to my 100K so I think the blinds might have been 3/6K? The F/T actually went really quickly as he was chewing them up and I got enough to stay alive shoving all sorts of stuff.
    When HU I got a quick double up when he min raised my BB I called with Q,8 suited, flop Q, rag rag, I checked he shoved which i knew he would, I called, he had nothing and I had the lead. He then offered a chop and out of spite I said nope as he did earlier and 3 hands later it was over. Actually turns out he was a pretty nice guy as he is the one who took my picture and we talked for about 15 min after.. FYI I did get lucky on the final hand, shoved 8,9 into his A, rag and turned a straight. A on the river to so i got a little lucky there. Sort of similar to the way I lucked out against you at the Royal but that's the way I roll HU. :)
  • At McCarron awaiting flight home, good trip but long enough, coming back with $1200 more than I arrived, most of that from my 800 profit from the big cash hand at PHO and 300 profit from the little tournament win. Covered my expenses and then some and that's a win.
    Moose and Pete arrived again last night and they should have a great time because the Rodeo arrived yesterday. A lot of wild drunken Cowboys have taken over the town.
  • Comp come back. Pete is being a pussy and bailing at 9 pm of a Friday night on a 3 day trip to Vegas
  • How old is Pete anyways? How's the action, good I imagine?
  • Pete and I closed Vegas by chopping the 10 pm tourney at Harrah's. 1st for me $222 and 3rd for Pete $130. There was an overlay on this tourney. $500 guar.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Since I'm flying out of Hamilton for the first time, is there any reduced rate off site parking with shuttle like at Pearson?

You're welcome, you cranky old bastard.
    You're welcome, you cranky old bastard.

Man you go back 4 months to find that..? And you call ME the cranky old bastard..... I stand by my statement in the newer thread..:rolleyes2:
  • I still have MY memory.
    I still have MY memory.

Just scrambled...