TonyBet Winter Festival at Playground

123457»

Comments

• I made Day 2. Extremely short. It will be jam or fold mode. Here's hoping for a good run to start Day 2 tomorrow. :-)
  • Good luck to both you guys.
  • Played day 1c for fun, took high variance spots vs good players and succeeded in crippling them. Ended with 140kish(i think that was 16th on leaderboard) but that will be removed. Gl Steven!

Also helped me in getting used to live tournys and some experience!

Early in the tourny,got a 6 bet jam button vs bb through with j5o and showed it, tightened up and got paid off in may spots that i overpoted river. I lost a huge pot with kk vs AA but ran it back again.
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    Ended with 140kish(i think that was 16th on leaderboard) but that will be removed. Gl Steven

And this is why we can't have nice things.

I dislike this format for exactly this reason. But I guess at least it adds a 1k sweetener to the prize pool.

You should get paid for stacks they take out of play. Some tourneys do that. Otherwise, why not play like a maniac in the last level? Get rich or die trying I say. And that's not just my idea...
  • That is the way it's done with WPT 500, WSOP Colossus, and OLG two-day tournaments. With the online satellites I played at partypoker, if you win multiple satellites and make it to Day 2, you get credited with your unused entries instead of being forced to play them or lose them.
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    You should get paid for stacks they take out of play. Some tourneys do that.
  • Well. That didn't last long. Out when I went all in with AK and got called by QQ
  • Met steven in the morning for some run good and tips.
    First break at 360k. Really tough table with the guy on my left owning me. Idk what to do we played 11 hours yesterday together and he is crushing me. I tighteed up and busted someone with a2 on a23Ss he had 67ss. Help
  • My best guess is to continue playing tight, unless you have some exploitive reads to use. Otherwise if he's just really good and reading your soul no sense playing wild getting out of line.

What avg stack, what's your stack?

Edit: his stack?
  • Lost to a 12bb jam with 88s vs 99 I'm at 305k rn blind 2/4 average 188k
  • You're still in great shape with 75BBs. Just keep playing your game. Blind levels should be, if they haven't already, be longer, lots of time.
  • 275ish on 2nd break average at 223. Won a few small pots and lost a big one with Jj on 23tk folded turn. 8 away from the money
  • How's the rest of the table? Any much bigger stacks? Are you in any position to build up a stack on the bubble or everyone whee to wise to that or also have avg stacks?
  • In the moneyzz, 12bbs and a dream
  • Congrats! Keep it going!!!
  • TeezNutzAK wrote: »
    Congrats! Keep it going!!!

Spoiler alert: He busted before I got there for the 7pm event #10.

Poker sucks when you don't get cards, keep coming up second best or keep running moves into made hands for multiple hours on end. Poker is brutal when you get some decent cards, you play solid, make every right call and get knocked out 4 levels in. Obv Playground is rigged.

Super duper hand of the night was me in BB at 100/200 blinds and 25 ante. EP raises to 500, 5 of 8 players behind call, I look down at 77 and raise to 2900. 2 guys come along, one has been picked on a couple times and is basically a calling station on every flop bet...I want him in. Flop comes 345r I lead out for 5400 and sucker raises all-in to 19000, LP folds. I have about 23k. To me it screams steal because he's feeling like the fish. I rule out huge hands because he would have reraised instead of flat calling 500 and my 3bet of 2900 pre flop. I rule out set because I doubt he's bad enough to jam. There's no flush draw (everybody seems to love the flushes at Playground). I say no way to made straight and settle on a big A or possibly he's feeling good with 66.

I tank call and he sighs and says "good call" as he turns over 78dd. I call out "no 6" and guess who shows up on the river?

2 orbits later I manage to double up AQ>A5.

2 orbits after that (200/400/50ante) I have 3 limpers on my button and raise to 2200 with AQ 2 come along. Q45 flop with 2 spades, checked around and I lead 3k. one fold and one call. Turn comes ace and I jam the last 6.5k. Player tank calls and hits the j spade on river for flush of course. GG

Going to play some bingo turbo tomorrow before I make my way home. I still love this game.
  • I busted in 55th with 55s vs 77s for 1750$

It's crazy some of the plays, i open with akss from utg, MP calls has 20bbs, and a lady calls sb with 11bbs calls?? (2k/4k level). flop 2k9r, seems wonderful, i bet 1/3rd on flop, mp flats sb snap jams... i tank call she has 99s! how do u flat 99s there????

That was the beginning of my downhill road. lost a flip with kq vs 66s to a 7bb jam, 88s vs 99s to a 12bb jam, and got bluffed twice(they showed). oh well gg.

It was great to meet steven and helmouth's mole. Leaving tomorrow to Waterloo to study for midterms :(
  • Thanks for the excitement! You had a good run there. Better luck with the next one.
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    Leaving tomorrow to Waterloo to study for midterms :(
    Nice run, very entertaining..

And this is your dad speaking.... Study hard and stay in school! ;)