TonyBet Winter Festival at Playground

Comments

• Still half an hour to late reg tonight's satellite

They are getting a bit busier, but I can't imagine how much money they are losing on this.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I had to create my account AFTER I opened up the software. I used safecard to deposit, aparently TD Visa doesnt like online poker
    So you have to actually go out to buy a safecard? Kinda like the vanilla CC's used to be?
    hmm doesn't make sense. trying closing reopening?
    Thanks, that solved it, you would think an I/T guy would think of that, kinda like reboot.. lol..
  • Still half an hour to late reg tonight's satellite

They are getting a bit busier, but I can't imagine how much money they are losing on this.

All part of their marketing dollars. They just started to offer online poker and need to drive traffic to their site.
  • Oh sorry, no. I had to sign up to EntroPay which was actually very easy and instant. I believe they charge a 4% fee though. Considering it was the only way I could find to deposit 4% was a steal.
    Signed up for EntroPay and then tried to deposit to it using TD Visa but EntroPay wants me to verify the credit deposit which involves them taking $1.00 off the CC then you give them the verification code after it shows up on your CC statement, 2-3 days it say. Did you have to go through that?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Signed up for EntroPay and then tried to deposit to it using TD Visa but EntroPay wants me to verify the credit deposit which involves them taking $1.00 off the CC then you give them the verification code after it shows up on your CC statement, 2-3 days it say. Did you have to go through that?

Nope. I did it online and it just gave me a webpage with a virtual card on it.

No biggie. Next satellite isn't until Wednesday.
    I had to create my account AFTER I opened up the software. I used safecard to deposit, aparently TD Visa doesnt like online poker

Looked at the Safecard option but did you buy one in C$ then? If I look at the deposit options on TonyBet it looks like only US$?
  • Nope. I did it online and it just gave me a webpage with a virtual card on it.

No biggie. Next satellite isn't until Wednesday.
    I see you and Snipe are in the current one as well, only 86 entries this time, nice odds...
  • Out early. 86 is actually one of the biggest I've played. The first one last Wednesday might have hit 55 (finished 8th) Yesterday they were getting mid 70 runners and I finished one in 7th. The one I binked today had 120+...not sure where they all came from. The $50 buy-in satellites award 10 seats and usually have less than 60 players. Them's good odds.
  • As soon as I can get some $$ on there will give it a try...
  • So if you win a 2nd seat, you can take cash or do you need to sell it there?
    Looked at the Safecard option but did you buy one in C$ then? If I look at the deposit options on TonyBet it looks like only US$?

I used Euros and did a conversion. I put on $100 Cdn and deposited $62 Eurors.
    So if you win a 2nd seat, you can take cash or do you need to sell it there?

I had huge problems to deposit earlier, had to make a new account and E-mail to close the previous acc. I used CIBC which is poker friendly with no fees.

Shipped 2 seats and won the 3 euro 100gtd turbo. Also won 4 buyins at plo 0.5/1 super soft, ppl call with 1 card flushes and insane stuff like its 2001. Its been a good day.

As for the 2 seats, i'll have to call playground to see what would they do. I've heard from another guy that you can use your other 1,1k as T$ to use for other playground side events. That is very weird.
    So if you win a 2nd seat, you can take cash or do you need to sell it there?

From what I read, you can start multiple day 1's. If you survive both you bag your biggest stack only for day 2. Only makes much sense when seats are won for $20.
  • From what I read, you can start multiple day 1's. If you survive both you bag your biggest stack only for day 2. Only makes much sense when seats are won for $20.
    '

I think it is a waste to play 2 flights when u already qualify on the first fight. I'd rather sell it or use it for other tournys.

On a side note, the last satty is going to be on the 20th
  • So how many have you played sn1pe?
  • played 4, won 2
  • But if you get knocked out of first day 1 you have another chance.

Strange, I thought there were satellites listed for next weekend as well previously.

Cut and pasted from Playground site....
    A Player may play additional Day 1s even if he/she has survived a previous Day with chips. Players may not re-enter during any Day 1 starting flight they have already played, they may only re-enter the tournament on a subsequent Day 1. Players who qualify for Day 2 more than once will restart play on Day 2 with their largest qualifying stack; all other qualifying stacks will be forfeited.

EDIT: Only 4 days of live satellites at Playground. 3 seats guaranteed Sun Jan 31, Min 40 seats over 4 satty's Thursday Feb 4th,10 seats each on Fri 5th and Sat 6th of Feb.

Most of these are $110+10 re-entry turbos. 1 seat per $1100 obv.
  • If i bust sure, but if i get to day 2 with say 20bbs, I'd rather sell or use for other side events, than play the tourny again for a bigger stack.
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    I used CIBC which is poker friendly with no fees.

So CIBC Visa has a CC which allows deposits to gambling sites? Maybe I'll check that out tomorrow.
  • I deal with RBC - they don't allow cc deposits on gaming sites. So a prepaid CIBC card should work?
    I used Euros and did a conversion. I put on $100 Cdn and deposited $62 Eurors.

NVM. figured it out.. :)
  • Satellited my way into the Hey Ballers $5K guaranteed on Jan 31st as a warmup to doing the same into the Playground main event.. Just wanted to see how the site played.. You guys better worry, comp is on the come back trail..:)

Then I realized.... I already had a free buyin to that tournament from being a first time depositor... Geesh.. No issue though, they just deposited the winnings in cash into my account automatically...
  • Damn, just missed the Hey Ballers satellite, 3 players entered and it ended after 2 min. Was going to late entry..
  • I did some calculations/prep on the structure of the main event.

starting stack is 30k, play of day 1 is 13-45min-levels. Start time is at 11:00am will end at 9:15pm including breaks.

Day 2 will start at level 14 for 9-60min levels. Ends at level 23.

Say 500 players are going to reg, there is (edit 15m)chips in play. At level 18 (blinds 4k/8k) 30bb average chip stack will be at 240kea.
    That means there is only 62 players to meet a 30bb average stack. Isn't that too little for a 4 day event?
    This would also mean that the bubble will bust late day 2 (most likely).

On a side note: Comp, day 1 and 2 ends before your bed time :D
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    I did some calculations/prep on the structure of the main event.

starting stack is 30k, play of day 1 is 13-45min-levels. Start time is at 11:00am will end at 9:15pm including breaks.

Day 2 will start at level 14 for 9-60min levels. Ends at level 23.

Say 500 players are going to reg, there is 1.5M chips in play. At level 18 (blinds 4k/8k) 30bb average chip stack will be at 240kea.
    That means there is only 62 players to meet a 30bb average stack. Isn't that too little for a 4 day event?

On a side note: Comp, day 1 and 2 ends before your bed time :D

You forgot a zero, its 15 million chips in play with 500 runners
    You forgot a zero, its 15 million chips in play with 500 runners

i guess i miss typed it, its still 62.5 "players" at 30bbs average stack at 4k/8k

thanx for the correction
  • Four days of play for a $1K buy-in is more than enough.
    sn1perb0y wrote: »
    I hate being forced to come back for a Day 2 and not making the money yet. $1K & lower buy-in tournaments such as WPT 500 and WSOP Colossus give you a little money for making the end of Day 1. The nut low would be to bust in late Day 2 at Playground and and miss the start of Event #10, ending up with nothing.
  • What a pain in the ass trying to get funds on this site! Prepaid credit cards do NOT work
  • What a pain in the ass trying to get funds on this site! Prepaid credit cards do NOT work
    You are right, took me 2 days of jumping through hoops..