TonyBet Winter Festival at Playground

Comments

• Good luck comp ! Anyone else playing tonight's satty ?
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Good luck comp ! Anyone else playing tonight's satty ?

tx, u2
  • Finished 46th, flopped the str8 and got it in vs flush draw, u know how that turned out..
  • So who will be playing the main other than helmuthsmole?
  • Hey guys I have some answers for some of the questions.

First on the structure of the ME - you're right the bubble should be reached sometime mid- to late Day 2. But running estimates based on 500 runners is too low - we had that few runners once in a 1K Main in the past 2 years - but only once. The average since the beginning of 2014 is 817 runners per $1.1K ME - and that *excludes* the outlier which was the Full Tilt Main Event which had over 1600 entries. If anything, the huge number of online sat seats that will get in will put this on the larger side of events at this buy-in level at Playground (though I highly doubt we hit anything like 1600).

The other thing to remember is that this is a Festival Main Event, so it's played as a standard Multi-day MTT. Those other events like the WPT500 and the like are explicitly "alternative" format events - not a main event like this one, and the only way to do it is to play down to 10% of the field (the money) on Day 1. That's fine - we've run events like that as well - but it's not the same as a "normal" Main Event like a standard WPT or WSOP event.

If you go to the website, all of our Event Blog archives are online so you can pick around and see the exact details of any of our past tournaments if you're curious about times and how things play. Start from the Events page on the site or Playground Poker Club Events | Évènements ?. All info is there.

Most of the online reg & deposit problems seem to be solved by using the safepaycard, which you can buy at any post office in Canada as well as a ton of other locations - that's how I got some money into the system. Some credit cards work fine as well, though mine didn't (RBC).

The rules for online sat seats are online. If you don't visit our website you're really missing lots of easily-accessed information!

It says: "Players who win from 1 to 3 tickets must play each entry they have won. If a player wins more than 3 seats, any tickets won after the third may be redeemed for tickets in other TonyBet-sponsored events at Playground Poker Club (not limited to the 2016 Winter Festival). Tickets won on TonyBet are non-transferrable and may not be redeemed for cash."
    Tickets won in LIVE satellites are transferrable - download the structure sheet PDF for the event for details.

I'll be back if you have more questions...
  • OH - and daily specials are mostly $9, so there's really no point eating at some greasy spoon or fast food place before going to Playground, even if you're going to pay for your meal playing a tournament (not cash).
  • Trying to book my ticket in the last satty.

Now sitting 2nd of 11.

damn, finished 8th, needed to be top 3... All-in KK vs AQ left me short and my A,7 lost to 9,9,

Really wanted to practice my French too.. :) GL at Playground guys, would love to have gone..

Maybe Mike will send me a complimentary live satellite ticket... Since I'm a vip around here..:D
  • Guys I won't be able to get back here to announce everything but stay tuned for more satellite opportunities online at TonyBet as well as some stuff like a 1 Euro Freebuy for an entry in this weekend's All-Stars for Starlight and more to come...
  • Day 1c, blinds are 400 / 800 , 100 ante. - 315 runners started the day. 150 left sitting at 69k. Avg is 41k
  • Flag me down and I'll make sure I get a photo of you on the blog...
  • Wish I as there, good luck Devon...
  • Sitting at 145k at 800 / 1600, 200. Avg is 82k. One more level for day 1c.
    Sitting at 145k at 800 / 1600, 200. Avg is 82k. One more level for day 1c.

Keep it up!
  • Ended day 1c with 137k. Not going to play day 1d. Day two starts at 12pm tomorrow.
  • I doubled up wirh a flopped set of nines and called a shove from a flush draw and we were about even. Amazingly i held.
  • Congrats. Keep up the good work !!
  • On a side note, we were very late leaving for Montreal and at around 10pm, we stopped for coffee. I feel a tap on my shoulder while in line and it's Matters ! He decided to play in it last minute.
    Then I get to my table and guess who is sitting two to my left? Crazy.
  • Sitting at 155,000 first break. Just lost A.A to K.J for 10b b. 80 players from the money.
  • Got a photo of djgolfcan in the mix today: TonyBet Winter Festival ? Early shots of Day 2 - 5th from the top of this grid on the right.
  • 6 down, on the right, who is that guy? :)

TonyBet Winter Festival ? Early shots of Day 2
  • What a level !! Sitting at 325,000 - blinds are 3k/6k, 1k ante. Avg is 160,000- 136 left
    On a side note, we were very late leaving for Montreal and at around 10pm, we stopped for coffee. I feel a tap on my shoulder while in line and it's Matters ! He decided to play in it last minute.
    Then I get to my table and guess who is sitting two to my left? Crazy.
    Give Mathers the fucking ticket!
    What a level !! Sitting at 325,000 - blinds are 3k/6k, 1k ante. Avg is 160,000- 136 left
    You must be in full table raping mode?
    What a level !! Sitting at 325,000 - blinds are 3k/6k, 1k ante. Avg is 160,000- 136 left
    Good luck bud!
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Good luck bud!

In the money ! 117 players left. Avg is 190 i have 240 now
    just lost 80k - A-Q less than A-T
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Give Mathers the fucking ticket!
    LOL, Card Dead & I saw the one-and-only Bill at Fallsview yesterday in his annual shot-taking for WPT FPC. He claims his club is now getting 20-30 players. :o
    In the money ! 117 players left. Avg is 190 i have 240 now
    just lost 80k - A-Q less than A-T
    Go DJ Go!
  • Plans have changed a bit as I have just won another qualifier this time for event #6 a $300 freezeout on Wednesday. This one cost me 2 $3 CDN buy-ins and an add-on. So now I'm heading up Wednesday and playing my main event Day 1 Friday.

EDIT: Go DJ!!