Wsop 2014

Comments

• EObv have to wait for more details to make a better judgement.

Also just found out
    Who he is online. My take so far
    Is something shady going on.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    EObv have to wait for more details to make a better judgement.

Also just found out
    Who he is online. My take so far
    Is something shady going on.

no....this guy is arguably the best Turbo HUSNG player, and maybe best HU player online today

he had a goal thread in 2+2 in 2013 to reach 1.25 mirrion in profit, with 5 million vpp's......he reached profit goal by August I believe

$1,250,000 profit / 5m VPPs -- mrGR33N13 - Poker Goals & Challenges -- Two Plus Two Poker Forums
  • Ya, Colman huge boss

Good on him for just playing his game and leaving

This is Fucking live poker, not online, there's nothing suspicious. He showed up. Played well. Won. Left.

What a boss, just because he refused to give media attention everyone is butt hurt? He played the game and wasn't interested in the media whore show the one drop has become.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    no....this guy is arguably the best Turbo HUSNG player, and maybe best HU player online today

he had a goal thread in 2+2 in 2013 to reach 1.25 mirrion in profit, with 5 million vpp's......he reached profit goal by August I believe

$1,250,000 profit / 5m VPPs -- mrGR33N13 - Poker Goals & Challenges -- Two Plus Two Poker Forums

Yes?:confused:

Not blaming him for not wanting the whole media buzx
  • Then what is suspicious/shady to you philli?
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    the media whore show the one drop has become.

Has become?

It has always been this. That's the whole point, to raise awareness for the charity.

As for him not doing media stuff. To each is their own.
  • Interview with Daniel "mrgr33n13" Colman about reaching $1Million in Pokerstars!

He multi-accounted before, and loves to trash talk/troll. Kind of like fed. ;)

2+2 post from 2 weeks ago:
    Unfortunately, that did happen. I was banned at the time and made another account to play heads up sngs. The way you phrase makes it seem like my sole purpose was to steal money from liv. Wasn't quite like that, more a matter of heads up sngs at the high stakes having a small player pool and me not being able to confide in anyone my identity of the new account.

Regardless, I made some pretty poor decisions when I first started playing poker. I was 18 and reckless, and not caring about many other people apart from myself. I was penalized and have learned my lesson, and I am no longer that person from 5 years ago.
  • :-\
    SteveKerr wrote: »
    Has become?

It has always been this. That's the whole point, to raise awareness for the charity.

As for him not doing media stuff. To each is their own.

Do u actually think the general public really cares about a bunch of whales donating 111k to one drop? Probably not. You think a middle aged woman watching this on ESPN will say "wow this is a great cause, look how much money these rich poker players are giving away! I'm going to donate too!" :-\

And this tournament won't even run next year, with all the Asian businessmen pulling out because of their beef with guy , there's like no benefit to running this again . Its a joke the numbers shrank the very next year after a massive success.

If guy wants to help one drop , he can donate a few million himself and be done with it. Using the poker world / media for added exposure for his own gain/charity is kinda selfish
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    :-\

Do u actually think the general public really cares about a bunch of whales donating 111k to one drop? Probably not. You think a middle aged woman watching this on ESPN will say "wow this is a great cause, look how much money these rich poker players are giving away! I'm going to donate too!" :-\

I said awareness of One Drop and nothing about what general public or middle aged women and other people donating or think. It is plain and simple as you put it a media whore show just like it was 2 years ago
    And this tournament won't even run next year, with all the Asian businessmen pulling out because of their beef with guy , there's like no benefit to running this again . Its a joke the numbers shrank the very next year after a massive success.

This event last ran 2 years ago and it's intention is not to run every year, that is why it didn't run last year. So they were 6 players less this year as opposed to 2 years ago. It is still a success like 2 years ago with 6 players less. This event won't run next year and probably not the year after. I think it will be back, when? who knows.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Reserved star or rich scrub? Colman causes question after $15 million WSOP win

I wonder if his backers such as Olivier Busquet and Haralabos Voulgaris advised him not to give any publicity to the WSOP, ESPN and other media, since they did not pay a single ¢ of his $1 mirrion buy-in.
    T8urmoney wrote: »

Hmm . . . :D
  • The people giving this kid grief have to get a clue . . . if he signed a contract wherein certain media obligations are present, then sue him if he is in breach of that contract. Otherwise, leave him be. Joe DiMaggio hated dealing with the press, Babe Ruth loved it. Both were revered for their GIFTS, rather than for giving someone a quote. Pretty sure that if Negreanu stood to gain NOTHING from his interactions with fans and the press, he would do a LOT less of it than he does now.
  • World Series of Food - July 14

I have a line on a guy that wants to sell 2 tickets to WSO Food. But I'll be in Vegas by myself on July 15. Anyone interested and in need of a ticket?

PM me if interested.
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    I said awareness of One Drop and nothing about what general public or middle aged women and other people donating or think. It is plain and simple as you put it a media whore show just like it was 2 years ago

This event last ran 2 years ago and it's intention is not to run every year, that is why it didn't run last year. So they were 6 players less this year as opposed to 2 years ago. It is still a success like 2 years ago with 6 players less. This event won't run next year and probably not the year after. I think it will be back, when? who knows.

Doesn't matter when it is, I just think it's lost its hype for sure.

Congrats on your wsop run btw, that was impressive in that field.
  • Watts down to 4 left in Mixed Max, slight lead going into his HU match for a shot at the bracelet

• After reading that post I like the kid more and more. Seems to have his head screwed on right.
  • Milo wrote: »
    After reading that post I like the kid more and more. Seems to have his head screwed on right.

I got the opposite
  • Played against Jeffe at WSOPc, was grinding OFC the entire time....obv cheering for Watts
  • RAM_Eh wrote: »
    I am heading down June 26 till I fucking win something!

Didn't win a lot but did finish 21 in the Wynn Classic. I have a more hate than love relationship with Vegas.

I left Vegas with more money than I arrived with. Should be happy but not the way I went out.
  • RAM_Eh wrote: »
    Didn't win a lot but did finish 21 in the Wynn Classic. I have a more hate than love relationship with Vegas.

I left Vegas with more money than I arrived with. Should be happy but not the way I went out.

Worst trip report ever... ;)

MOAR...!
  • Playing Day 1B today. On dinner break now but we've played 6 full hours of poker and my stack is EXACTLY what it started at - 30,000. LOL
  • Playing Day 1B today. On dinner break now but we've played 6 full hours of poker and my stack is EXACTLY what it started at - 30,000. LOL

How did you make out? Do u have a big stack for day 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Playing day 2 on Tues and starting with 24k. Never dipped below 20k and never got above 38k.
  • $10 million to the winner this year. Go get some!
  • Only 7 mil after taxes though... ;)

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • Playing day 2 on Tues and starting with 24k. Never dipped below 20k and never got above 38k.

Good luck the rest of the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Day 2C with 21950. Played at a really tough table all day 1 with Ivey and Mickey Peterson being the two biggest names. I'm one of the guys that contributed to Ivey having his massive stack going into Day 2 as he took probably 60k off me throughout the day. My peak was about 60k in the last level but I dumped off 40k to him in the last hour to leave me with the stack I have now. Thankfully my day 2 table looks a lot easier.
  • I'm the asian guy with the grey jacket in seat 8. Had this pic from Ivey's twitter retweeted to me by like a billion people yesterday.

https://twitter.com/philivey/status/486304980890947584/photo/1
  • Day 2C with 21950. Played at a really tough table all day 1 with Ivey and Mickey Peterson being the two biggest names. I'm one of the guys that contributed to Ivey having his massive stack going into Day 2 as he took probably 60k off me throughout the day. My peak was about 60k in the last level but I dumped off 40k to him in the last hour to leave me with the stack I have now. Thankfully my day 2 table looks a lot easier.

is that harrington in the green hat? looks like him