Wsop 2014

Comments

• If its a typo and I make it to the final satty going to play for the side event package instead I guess.
  • cns187 wrote: »
    Just noticed the 888 ME satty package is for July 3rd to July 9 while the ME runs from July 5 - July 14. That's strange I guess the 2k spending cash is to expense the extra week you have to stay if you survive to make it that long in the tourny?

I think the way it works is that you're guaranteed hotel from 3rd-9th. If you're in longer, I'm sure they comp you a room for those days.

Just looked at terms and conditions and yeah.. they do.

"In the event that the member is still playing in the WSOP Main Event past the 6 nights’ accommodation, 888poker will assume responsibility for the cost of the additional nights and travel arrangements."
  • wow thats crazy that they do that but good on them! Might have to stay loyal to 888
    wow thats crazy that they do that but good on them! Might have to stay loyal to 888

never played on 888. how's the traffic there?
  • Apparently Stars is running their $700 main event satellites too but the satellites don't show up on the server until Friday or Saturday or something. It's weird.

Stars satellite up now. Sunday at 2pm. A bunch of $82 and $102 satellites to the $700 buy-in on Sunday.
  • seen some chatter about 888 so i thought id give it a go, just started up and so far so good, playing some steps satellites to the w.s.o.p. side events/me.

Seems to be decent traffic so far and I like the players so far :)
  • FYI, that's pretty standard. As actyper & I kept moving on to the next day of the WSOP ME, PartyPoker kept extending our hotel rooms. The poker sites know that the longer you last, the more chance you have of being on TV or on the feature/final tables. It would be horrible publicity if ran up your stack by the end of the long day, but the site abandoned you without a room to sleep in!
    cns187 wrote: »
    wow thats crazy that they do that but good on them!
  • My buddy and I are staying at Palazzo. They have a pretty good poker room rate for the VDSE. Apparently you only have to play one tournament and can have your whole stay at the poker room rate. Sounded unreal but my buddy called and confirmed so this is where we're staying. Can't really beat the Venetian/Palazzo rooms. They're massive.

how do you get the poker room rate.....is there a code?
  • T8urmoney wrote: »

Pretty sure you can just call and get the rate, but if you don't produce a VDE Buy in Receipt, by check out then you won't get the rate
  • Just took down step 5, two more and it's off to Vegas.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »

My buddy called and they just gave it to him.
  • wth is up with 888 pokers step 6 satellite running at 6am or 3pm? Worst times ever.
  • 1st tourney, 1st cash of trip for Bren, wish ring games were going as well. She placed 15th in Event 2 of "The Grand" at the Nugget last night, $125 NLH for $278 (2nd pay jump). Started out in the cash games both in main room and RIO poker room, had AA cracked once and KK twice, all 3 times AIP for heaps vs smaller pairs that ended up hitting sets, just on the wrong side of variance, playing well enough. So far had at least one session a day, so it looks like she'll get her fill before we leave.

Thinking she'll either play another $125 at Aria or a RIO daily before we head out. Sunday is last day here and then headed to Anaheim for 4 days so not going too nuts. Weather has been perfect at 35 to 43 degrees, kids & grandbaby enjoying the sights and sounds. (I'm sure some of you have seen my proud FB pics)

Chatted with Eric Danis from GPI & that brief QuadJacks stint, he's lost 100 lbs! Met Mike Leah in person finally, was nice fella, but found out he just busted a 10k so gave him space after quick intro obv. Sat with Doug Lee in a $375 sat to shoot the shit a bit chatted with Gavin briefly, other than that really haven't seen anyone. Few friends down, some arriving today but keeping fairly busy with family so hope to at least get a bit of face time in. Definitely better to come closer to July to socialize I figure, last year there were heaps of people down at that time. With that said, our timing will likely be prime for Disney now (during week with kids in school), so good on that end.

Good Luck to those on route!
    wth is up with 888 pokers step 6 satellite running at 6am or 3pm? Worst times ever.

There's one at 7pm daily
  • Back from my trip to Vegas. All in all had a great time. Managed to cash in two tourneys but still ended up down a bit for the trip.

Began my trip playing in the Legends of Poker tournament at Binion's on the 8th (day 1B). IMO it was a terrific tournament, well run and well attended. I managed to play late into the evening but busted out before the cutoff for day 2. There were a few well-known pros playing, including Lon McCarron, Hoyt Corkins, Cindy Violette, Darvin Moon and Kristy Gazes. Actually sat next to Gazes for awhile (until I busted out). Chatted to her a bit. She's a very nice lady. Asked if she'd mind if I had my picture taken with her and she was happy to - even got a friend of her's to take it.

Played a couple of tourneys at PH and a couple at Venetian. The tournaments at the PH are extremely well run and well worth playing. The V is still very good but I think the quality has dropped a bit from previous years.

Cashed in a $400 buy-in at the V (June 10-12, 27th out of 493) and a $300 buy-in at PH (June 14, 44th out of 523). Played a bit of limit HE at the V and made a few dollars. Already looking forward to next year.
  • Gogie wrote: »
    $300 buy-in at PH (June 14, 44th out of 523).

I finished 20th in this exact event
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    I finished 20th in this exact event

Congrats on the finish. Wish I had known you were playing; I would have introduced myself.

On a side note, I played a tourney at PH a few days earlier and witnessed something I've never seen before. Right from the beginning (level 1) there was an older guy at my table who had only two moves - fold or shove. He never played a hand unless he either shoved pre flop or limped in the BB. Needless to say he wasn't getting much action. The guy beside me told me a buddy of his had played with this guy a few days earlier in a tournament and the guy would only play AA, KK or AK, shoving every time he had those hands. The guy eventually busted out as the blinds and antes increased. I think I had a read on him by that time. 😜
  • Lollll Negreanu just made millions from side betting he or ivey would win a bracelet, i think he got boatloads of action, now hes laughing all the way to the bank. Ivey ftw! Against almost anyone else its a solid bet against dnegs for sure, not when its both him and ivey tho.
  • I'm gonna have to issue a citation for the use of "dnegs" here. If you are under age 12, I'm willing to let you go with a warning though.
  • dnegs is so much easier than his full name tho, im lazy poker player >:D
  • HOLY SHIT!

Lynne Beaumont made it to the final table of event 51! It's a wife of a u.k. poker pro I am friends with.

We are all joking saying hopefully she did not sell too much action, HAHA.

At least a $125k payday.
  • Oh ya Ivey sitting in 3rd in the one drop. :P
  • philliivey wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT!

Lynne Beaumont made it to the final table of event 51! It's a wife of a u.k. poker pro I am friends with.

At least a $125k payday.

:laugh:
  • philliivey wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT!

At least a $125k payday.

She finished 6th and a payday of $273k:o.
  • Go, Daniel, go!
    1/3 for $15,306,668 One Drop.
    Pamela Anderson's ex-husband just got eliminated.
  • heads up, colman w/ a 2-1 chip lead.

wish they had a stream but cant wait to watch this one.
  • Reserved star or rich scrub? Colman causes question after $15 million WSOP win

I wonder if his backers such as Olivier Busquet and Haralabos Voulgaris advised him not to give any publicity to the WSOP, ESPN and other media, since they did not pay a single ¢ of his $1 mirrion buy-in.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Reserved star or rich scrub? Colman causes question after $15 million WSOP win

I wonder if his backers such as Olivier Busquet and Haralabos Voulgaris advised him not to give any publicity to the WSOP, ESPN and other media, since they did not pay a single ¢ of his $1 mirrion buy-in.[/QUOTE

I can see where you would not want much attention, but what do you expect playing in this tournament?

Another sad story as if it's true he is not coming out with like anything and damages poker reputation even more.