Wsop 2014

i don't know about the rest of you, but i love WSOP time (even though i have not attended in person yet). it's like the poker playoffs or something. it gets me so psyched to play as much as i can in the summer.

so, who's going this year? what are you playing? when are you heading down?

i keep telling myself that one of these years i'm going to jump on the first flight i can and head down for the beginning of july. sadly, it won't be happening this year though, but it will happen i guarantee it.

am i the only one who stalks the WSOP updates all day?

Comments

• I'll be eating Jack Links Beef Jerky and watching on TV :)
  • I think most of us will be down roughly around June 12-18.
  • I'm leaving tomorrow, will be playing the 1.5k shootout on Friday. If I bust that will play the milly maker on Saturday, and then the 1.5k 6max on Monday. Then prob back for the Main
  • trigs wrote: »
    i don't know about the rest of you, but i love WSOP time (even though i have not attended in person yet). it's like the poker playoffs or something. it gets me so psyched to play as much as i can in the summer.

so, who's going this year? what are you playing? when are you heading down?

i keep telling myself that one of these years i'm going to jump on the first flight i can and head down for the beginning of july. sadly, it won't be happening this year though, but it will happen i guarantee it.

Your dream is commendable.

In 1973, after graduating, I decided to get in my car and drive to Las Vegas,
    because I was going to be a GAMBLER. I explained to my parents that I had to do
    this now before I got wrapped up in my lifelong career and I had to sow my wild
    oats now. They agreed and I left with their blessing.

It took 4 days to get to Reno, and I stayed there for about 3 weeks, went to
    Lake Tahoe for a couple of days and then headed off to Las Vegas. Because
    I didn't want to get caught in the scorching desert in the afternoon, I drove
    at night, but just as I was getting into Vegas, a swarm of millions and millions
    of monarch butterflies crashed into my car clogging my radiator. I limped into
    the nearest gas station. Welcome to Las Vegas.

I stayed in Vegas for about 1.5 months and found out that I was not a GAMBLER
    nor did I really want to be a GAMBLER.

But, and this is why I responded to your thread, I happened to go to BINION'S
    and saw the 1973 WSOP when there was only 13 entrants. I think Puggy Pearson
    won it.

It took 5 days to get back home, driving up the west coast of California to
    B.C. and the Trans Canada back home to North York.

I was glad to be back home.
  • Haven't posted in awhile, but I've been lurking. I'll be going down the evening of June 7 and staying for 10 days, 5 on my own and the last 5 with the wife. Plan on playing Binion's Legends, the Wynn's Senior and an $1100 at the V. Also looking at a few other V tourneys and maybe one or two at PH. All depends on how far I go in the 2 and 3 day tourneys.

Was planning on playing the WSOP Seniors but I made the mistake of assuming they would hold it the Friday before Father's day (which they've done the last several years) so I booked my trip accordingly. Of course they moved it up a week earlier this year (after all my travel plans had been completed) so it's no go for me. I may consider a $1500 WSOP event (#26 on the 11th) but that's the same day as the Wynn's Senior. I kind of like playing with the old fogies so right now I'm giving the edge to the Wynn.

I'm like that during the Main Event.
  • MY MAIN goal is to satty into atleast 1 event for next year. Until then, it is studying and polishing my game up.
  • cns187 wrote: »
    MY MAIN goal is to satty into atleast 1 event for next year. Until then, it is studying and polishing my game up.

that's always a good idea.

i'm a nit when it comes to my finances (well, and when it comes to poker more or less). i technically do have the money to travel to the WSOP, but i don't like spending my savings. once i feel comfortable with how much money i have saved (whatever amount that may be), i'll venture down there. maybe next year.

honestly, i'm still considering going down this year too. idk. probably not but we'll see.
    that's always a good idea.

i'm a nit when it comes to my finances (well, and when it comes to poker more or less). i technically do have the money to travel to the WSOP, but i don't like spending my savings. once i feel comfortable with how much money i have saved (whatever amount that may be), i'll venture down there. maybe next year.

honestly, i'm still considering going down this year too. idk. probably not but we'll see.

OPT sent almost 20 people to wsop this year. The surprising part is the turnout for the sats aren't growing any, usually 9-20 for each.

For anyone interested for wsop 2015, suggest you signup at meetup and come out!
  • Gogie wrote: »
    Haven't posted in awhile, but I've been lurking. I'll be going down the evening of June 7 and staying for 10 days, 5 on my own and the last 5 with the wife. Plan on playing Binion's Legends, the Wynn's Senior and an $1100 at the V. Also looking at a few other V tourneys and maybe one or two at PH. All depends on how far I go in the 2 and 3 day tourneys.

Was planning on playing the WSOP Seniors but I made the mistake of assuming they would hold it the Friday before Father's day (which they've done the last several years) so I booked my trip accordingly. Of course they moved it up a week earlier this year (after all my travel plans had been completed) so it's no go for me. I may consider a $1500 WSOP event (#26 on the 11th) but that's the same day as the Wynn's Senior. I kind of like playing with the old fogies so right now I'm giving the edge to the Wynn.

Good Luck. Keep us posed on your results.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    OPT sent almost 20 people to wsop this year. The surprising part is the turnout for the sats aren't growing any, usually 9-20 for each.

For anyone interested for wsop 2015, suggest you signup at meetup and come out!

Where are the games usually played at?
  • I am heading down June 26 till I fucking win something!
    Where are the games usually played at?

(OPT) Orangeville Poker Tour (Orangeville, ON) - Meetup
  • the gf and i want to go somewhere this summer. road trip to montreal or atlantic city were a couple possible choices.

just checked out the hotel prices in montreal for july and they are nuts! for the same length of stay (7 days), it will literally be like $300 more for flight and hotel to vegas for a week. vegas 1, montreal 0.
  • What are people paying for airfare this year to Vegas? Prices seem a lot higher than previous years. No seat sales I guess.
    the gf and i want to go somewhere this summer. road trip to montreal or atlantic city were a couple possible choices.
    If you want to combine a vacation with a poker tournament, consider going during the PokerStars Montreal Festival, WPT Montreal III, or even WPT Niagara Falls.

If playing in the WSOP is on your bucket list, then find a satellite such as OPT where you can WIN a seat instead of making the highly -EV buy-in. All the WSOP events I've played have been won through satellites as I have not bought into any US tournament for the past five years. As for Atlantic City, I plan to go there on September 14-19 for the televised WPT Borgata Poker Open, but again it will be through a satellite.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    What are people paying for airfare this year to Vegas? Prices seem a lot higher than previous years. No seat sales I guess.

The prices are pretty absurd right now, especially if you plan to go direct out of YYZ.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    If you want to combine a vacation with a poker tournament, consider going during the PokerStars Montreal Festival, WPT Montreal III, or even WPT Niagara Falls.

If playing in the WSOP is on your bucket list, then find a satellite such as OPT where you can WIN a seat instead of making the highly -EV buy-in. All the WSOP events I've played have been won through satellites as I have not bought into any US tournament for the past five years. As for Atlantic City, I plan to go there on September 14-19 for the televised WPT Borgata Poker Open, but again it will be through a satellite.

WSOP is on my bucket list. I think I will pay some OPT for next year. Also, I only get July and August for poker trips. As a teacher I can't take time off to play poker.
  • Going from July 3-14th. I paid $311 for one way from Toronto to Vegas. I'm flying to Calgary from there and that looks like it'll be about $200. Only confirmed events are at least one day of the WPT500 and the wsop main. After that will depend on when I bust from main and what I feel like doing day to day.
  • Good, my plan is to stay at Aria Resort from July 2-10, so I hope to see you in Vegas. I'll try to cash up to six times at WPT 500 (depending if I win up to 4 more satellites). If I have any extra time for poker that I don't have to be with my family, I want to play the WSOP Mega and single table satellites, then I will be looking to trade my lammers. I may also play online at WSOP.com while in Vegas.
    Going from July 3-14th.
    :
    Only confirmed events are at least one day of the WPT500 and the wsop main.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    What are people paying for airfare this year to Vegas? Prices seem a lot higher than previous years. No seat sales I guess.

I have not looked lately, But there were no deals to Vegas when I last looked and some of the prices were pretty scary.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Good, my plan is to stay at Aria Resort from July 2-10, so I hope to see you in Vegas. I'll try to cash up to six times at WPT 500 (depending if I win up to 4 more satellites). If I have any extra time for poker that I don't have to be with my family, I want to play the WSOP Mega and single table satellites, then I will be looking to trade my lammers. I may also play online at WSOP.com while in Vegas.

My buddy and I are staying at Palazzo. They have a pretty good poker room rate for the VDSE. Apparently you only have to play one tournament and can have your whole stay at the poker room rate. Sounded unreal but my buddy called and confirmed so this is where we're staying. Can't really beat the Venetian/Palazzo rooms. They're massive.
  • holy shit! i can actually play in this series!

this will most likely make my list of live events for the summer.

PokerStars Montreal Festival - over $1M guaranteed!
    holy shit! i can actually play in this series!

PokerStars Montreal Festival - over $1M guaranteed!

Going to wait and see if pokerstars offers more than just the seat.
    holy shit! i can actually play in this series!
    You're welcome again. 1% steak if you're the third consecutive GTA player I congratulate after winning a Playground guaranteed event? ;)
    cns187 wrote: »
    Going to wait and see if pokerstars offers more than just the seat.
    Same with me & lynx5. But if PokerStars doesn't learn from its $266,000 overlay blunder from the Canada Cup, then I will have my bags pre-packed and ready to drive as soon as I see that there will be another overlay.
  • ahh screw this going to try and satty into the WSOP ME. Time to grind
    888 steps package is very enticing!
  • just took down step 4

3more steps to go until Vegas!
    ahh screw this going to try and satty into the WSOP ME. Time to grind
    888 steps package is very enticing!

Those are what I'm playing too. I've got my seat for the 1k on Sunday already.

Apparently Stars is running their $700 main event satellites too but the satellites don't show up on the server until Friday or Saturday or something. It's weird.
  • Those are what I'm playing too. I've got my seat for the 1k on Sunday already.

Apparently Stars is running their $700 main event satellites too but the satellites don't show up on the server until Friday or Saturday or something. It's weird.

NIce is that you sitting all by yourself in the Last Chance lobby?
  • Just noticed the 888 ME satty package is for July 3rd to July 9 while the ME runs from July 5 - July 14. That's strange I guess the 2k spending cash is to expense the extra week you have to stay if you survive to make it that long in the tourny?