Party poker segregating players

Comments

• If you read the positive in the link it also says there will be a huge interface upgrade in 2013. Remember they are likely a front runner in USA when it happens and that will be game changer. Also they are investing (WPT) in bringing world class events here to Canada with online sats...any other heros doing this?
  • Forgot to mention they are #2 right now
  • jontm wrote: »
    If you read the positive in the link it also says there will be a huge interface upgrade in 2013. Remember they are likely a front runner in USA when it happens and that will be game changer. Also they are investing (WPT) in bringing world class events here to Canada with online sats...any other heros doing this?

Haven't they been saying this upgrade is coming for 2 years....I'm not holding any faith in it.

Party still has OK MTT's, with WPT sattys, but make no mistake, player segregation is terrible....and will ultimately lead to the same thing for MTT's down the road.

If I'd been playing cash, I'd be long gone from Party. I still play as I'm not affected as of yet....when that day comes, goodbye Party.
  • After shooting itself in one foot by rigging its software for player segregation, PartyPoker has just shot itself in the other foot by cancelling almost all of the qualifiers to its $1.5 million guaranteed Pokerfest III main event! :( All the $172, $70 and $27 rebuy daily qualifiers along with the $47, $8, $2, $1, freeroll and points sub-qualifiers have been dropped from the schedule since March 29, Black Friday! :'( Just like PokerStars, WSOP and any competent poker room knows, having as many round-the-clock daily satellites as possible is not only great for their major events, but it also generates a lot of additional daily traffic and rake.

Hopefully, this is just another stupid blunder that will be fixed soon, but a Party Support person told me that it is intentional and permanent. For the first time in five years, I have now stopped playing at PartyPoker! :o My family was wondering why I haven't played a single game since Black Friday.

Why-Network-Marketing-Shoot-Foot.jpg
  • PartyPoker To Block New Signups from 18 European, South American Countries
    Ever since its blunder of secretly segregating players, :rage: things have been going downhill for Party. The PokerStars-FTP monopoly has become even more dominant.

R.I.P. :fish:
    Argentina
    Armenia
    Belarus
    Brazil
    Colombia
    Croatia
    Cyprus
    Finland
    Greece
    Hungary
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Macedonia
    Poland
    Romania
    Serbia
    Slovenia
    Ukraine

Who's next?
    Canada?
    jontm wrote: »
    ...how is that sinking?
  • Is anybody really missing what this all seems to be eluding to? Yes, Party (and other sites) seem to be doing a little forward thinking and doing things that aren't risking players funds do to legal issues and being accountable to governments and opposition by offering socially responsible (ish) play.

In my opinion, yes, they are protecting their ecosystem but also the majority of players. In this case the 99% instead of the 1%. It's been a good ride this last decade but the gap is too big. The game is dying off in terms of fish vs sharks and lots of people have noticed this. Big trawlers can net a bazzalion pounds of fish faster than they can be replenished. Maybe it wasn't always the case but I never thought we'd be running out of cod.

It might be blunt way to put it but would you let a bunch of rock stars run your business into the ground? If you let the trawlers keep harvesting unchecked eventually everyone starves.

Think big picture. This isn't hard. It's not ideal but when is life always?
  • Looking back in the thread, I felt a month back this points to US and article in link says same thing. More and more provinces are coming on board. White market vs grey market could eventually happen and it's prob best not to be on the governments shit list.
  • Despite being the second biggest site after the huge opportunity left open by Black Friday and the merger of bwin and PartyGaming, bwin.party's many horrible changes have made it fall all the way down to #5. For the first time in history, little 888 has overtaken the former #1 site. The combined bwin.party has managed to have LESS traffic than PartyPoker had by itself, and its stock price is worth less than either company before the merger! :redface:

Independent Pokerfuse seems to be just about the only site that reports on how badly bwin.party has been treating its VIPs and other customers, just like most poker news sites that had a conflict of interest with advertising and as affiliates neglected their journalism duties during the UB/AP shenanigans. :-X Hopefully, sites such as CanadaPoker.com and Pokernews will do a better job this time of reporting what bwin.party is doing to its players.

Here is a list of some of the things done by bwin.party:

- Hole cards, player names changing mid-hand :o ; frequent server disconnections, multiple withdrawals for add-on & other inexcusable bugs.

- Lost the trust of the poker community by secretly rigging its software for player segregation. Just like it took smart 2+2 players to discover the UB/AP cheating, savvy players investigated the segregation and bwin.party was forced to admit to it. :bs:

- Screwed the Palladium Elites by getting rid of the 50% rakeback. That would be like somebody grinding for a year to become Supernova Elite at PS, then the site suddenly takes away the rewards he was working himself to death for. :(

- Cancels all four tournament leaderboards without proper notification. :arghh: I tried to play an SNG, but almost all of the SNG sections are now dead.

- Cancels the flagship $1 Million Guaranteed tounament again without notice and all its daily qualifiers. MTT traffic has died and all the guarantees are in a vicious downward spiral. :'(

- Screwed Palladium VIPs like me with more unannounced VIP changes. For example, the players who grinded at least $4,500 rake this quarter were planning to redeem their points for the $3,000 poker bonus for the promised 30% rakeback, but this is one of the rewards that are suddenly gone. :rage:
  • not surprised at all. party screwed themselves.
  • After bwin.party revenues fell way short of expectations for the second quarter just as I predicted, its Head of Online Poker will finally be replaced. The new Head is PokerStars executive Jeffrey Haas. He has been with Rational Group/PokerStars for the last five years where he’s held positions including Director of Strategy & Business Development, New Platforms and had a big hand in developing mobile strategies.

Acquiring back rake-paying customers for the #5 site will be a lot harder than losing them, but at least the journey of a thousand miles has just taken the first step in the right direction. "cheers:

Bwin.party Snatches Up PokerStars Exec Jeffrey Haas
  • Assuming they still have the same software circa 1983, maybe they could also update that sometime soon
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Assuming they still have the same software circa 1983, maybe they could also update that sometime soon

As far as I understand, there will be new software in next 30 days tops, major overhaul
  • jontm wrote: »
    As far as I understand, there will be new software in next 30 days tops, major overhaul
    Shill! ;)
    This so-called "new and improved" software was scheduled to be released by the first quarter. Indicators are that bwin.party will try to make it more appealing to recreational players by having badges (ala FTP) & social media features; nothing mentioned so far that would make rake-paying regs come back.

Unfortunately, bwin used its same subsidiary of Ivy Comptech in India :-\ that is responsible for the current buggy software & constant server disconnections/crashes to somehow create "the next generation" software, so the few Party players in this forum such as T8urmoney, actyper & trigs already know what to expect from TNG.

538085_601681046514741_1864966417_n.jpg
  • You are killing my hopes that this new software will be....even......average.....if it ever arrives.

Too bad, Party was the 2nd best place for Cdns to play satty's to live events.
  • For the 1 or 2 other forumers that were stoopid enough like me to try to play a WPT qualifier, you already know what happened. I phoned Support & before I could tell them the tournament ID, they already knew it because they had received a lot of complaints from other Canadians already. I asked if there would be a tournament scheduled on another day this week as a replacement. They said no. I tried to register for the next tournament - same problem.

They said that they have passed the problem onto the technical department - the same department that is supposed to release "TNG" software by the end of this month.
    538085_601681046514741_1864966417_n.jpg
  • What exactly was the issue with the wpt sats?
  • Believe it or not, "the next generation" software has now been delayed until next year!
    b4x0KCm.jpg

Maybe jontm can get an official confirmation from his sources. It looks like I am now pot committed to playing live for the rest of the year & 2014. I'll be posting in other threads about how to find the best cellphone plan for me, vision correction, snow tires (driving to Montreal, etc.), and more live BAPs.
  • I don't have anything official to report, only hoping to see it launch here in Canada sooner or even on track. Will post anything new I hear or that relates. My contact hasn't heard of any delays so far.
  • new download today.........is this supposed to be the 'new' software?
  • According to Warren Lush RT and Party Twitter, looks like it is. How is it?
  • looking at the tables, can't say anything, other than the cards

the lobby has a different color, and a bit different look.........but clearly not a 'new' platform......just modified everything around the tourney lobby, but the lobby itself is the same
  • oh, was playing 2 tables to test it out.......as the :55 break, one table started playing, the other was frozen on the last hand played

had to leave the table, open lobby, and click 'take seat' to get back in
  • I was reading about the update, and a lot of ppl have said that the notes have not been transferred over, I am really hoping this is just a bug they need to work out and not something where we have to start from scratch as I've always been a pretty avid note taker.
  • As I was downloading Party "2.0", my better half heard me saying, "I hope it's not just a different interface over the same buggy sh*t. She didn't understand at first then asked, "You mean like putting lipstick on a pig?"
    Excuse us, we seem to have technical issue. Please launch the client again.
    :
    Welcome undefined!
    :
    Service unavailable. Try after some time.
    :
    OOPS! something went wrong. Please try after some time.
    It seems that the words "quality assurance" and "beta testing" do not exist in bwin.party's software subsidiary in India.

The fonts are too small even on my huge 42" screen! It's a good thing I've ordered new progressive eyeglasses.

I opened up a game but my megabytes of player notes don't work, nor the colour coding I've done on thousands of players. It becomes even more laggy when I try to use PokerTracker.

I hate admitting it, but my better half is correct as usual.
  • Neat.......are there any updates on the whole 'note' issues? Clearly this is a big problem for me as I don't use any hud's whatsoever and only play on party.
  • I forgot about the segregation...now it makes sense that darb is back with the hitler avatar