Pokerstars: World Cup of Poker 2005

124»

Comments

• Round 4 is in the books. Going to the round of 32. 5 more of these am i crazy.
  • Go get 'em Punky
  • Won my round 4 finally. Eventually he stopped hitting boats with 27o when I was slowplaying a big pair lol
  • Well we are now into the sweet 16. I avenged the death of Zithal. His write up helped out alot to steal some chips before my final attack. I need sleep but will try to keep the forum in the spotlight.
  • I screwed up big time in round 5 but punky has won twice to make the final 8. Go punky!
  • Weel it is now 2:20 waiting for the final person to join the Elite Eight. I am typing with one eye open so I can imagine that I might be easy picking for anyone that is fresh. It has been 6 Hrs and 20mins and counting. This in itself wouldnt be bad but since I started playing at 9:30 this morning I have to say 17 hours of poker might be pushing it.
    Will update after next round.
  • Well the run has ended 3:42 Am and offically a 5th place finish. Weak opponent that had a great advantage against a very sleepy Punky. Had him down to 140K to 50K or so and I raised he reraised strong and an alert me would have sent the hand packing but as it turned out i all ined him he shows AA vs AQ. Got a Q on the flop or turn but didnt better the hand from there. Too bad because if I met this guy in the first couple rounds and fresh it would have been a cake walk. That being said congrats to him and he ended up against the crowd favourite bushman so who knows what would happen. Bushman probably would have at me up.
  • so close!!
  • Well It looks like Pokerstars caved a bit under the pressure of emails (I sent one). They created another Canadian team for the World Cup. I think this is due to Korea not having one person show up to either qualifying event they held. I am off to email Pokerstars a few million more times so they offer 5 teams and then I will get a seat for being 5th LOL.

Special note to our Canadian players: Because of overwhelming demand, we have added a second WCP team for Canada, "Canada 2".