Pokerstars: World Cup of Poker 2005

Comments

• Won on my first hand a raise preflop flopped a high flush he raised i all ined he called top two pair. i won. Waiting for round 2 which may start early this summer
  • I just won my first round against "p0cket duckz"

He was very aggressive and constantly reraised me. Once after 3 or 4 reraises I folded and he showed T high with A, K, Q on the board.

But I finally got him with AT when I raised, he reraised (as usual), I put him all-in because I had him out chipped, was sick of his shit, and I wanted to really test him. I expected him to fold but he called me with a7.
  • I passed my first level also. Played a classic weak tight player, built up a god lead, then nearly crippled myself when a flop came AA2 with me holding A3 and he holding A8.

8 came on the river and I was down to 500 chips. In classic weak tight fashion, I bullyied my way back to 1400, then trapped his QQ with my 87 after I turned a straight.

I turned up the aggression, and he was out soon after. I'm gonna need caffine.
  • I lost when I kept folding every hand. GL to the survivors, you are more dedicated than me, and I hope someone from the forum takes it down!
  • Finished 1st round about 10 min ago. I had to leave for dinner with about 2k in chips. Came back with 100 or so. Grinded it out and won. A few lucky all-ins. Thanks for the support Redington! =)
  • Didn't know this was heads up matches...
    logged in 10 minutes late and was down to 1000 chips....
    took a while but beat some bitter guy on a few suckouts.

Can't see playing more than a couple more rounds (i'm in Atlantic Canada - hello!)
    So hoping to run into a forum member and get RUN OVER...
  • Looks like i'm riding the pine this round....anyone else got a game?
  • Finished round 2. Next...lol.

Going to watch some tv while I wait. :)
  • And... I'm out.

Much tougher player than the first round. I was down a bunch, then came back with a 5-1 chip lead.

Then Monkey Man came out to play and the tournament is finished. Off to World of Warcraft for me!
  • well round one 1 hand winner on flush
    round 2 31 hands winner on flush
    nap time
  • I'm through to round 3. I think I got pretty lucky oponnent-wise in round two. He was very passive and I almost always knew if he had it or not on the turn. I chipped away until I had a 4k to 1k lead. The he went all-in with kq and I called with 66. Three beautiful aces came down along with some rags... and it was all over.
  • Through to rounf three...took along time my connection was acting up. I get some momentum and I would be disc come back and see he had about 5 of my blinds.

Then he would raise like I wasnt there, I would reraise as I was back. Pretty sure he shit with his 82o.

10 o clock round three...

"No really honey", I stammer, "if I go onn to round three, and then 4, 5 6 7 8 and nine, I have a chance to play another one of these for a chance at a trip to London. It is Ev+ , real big Ev baby. So I don't need to go to work tommorow right?.. EV baby Ev baby....."
  • as well.

Took getting heckled to "grow some balls" by and observer, game was over 2 hands later.

gla
  • anyone still alive?
  • I'm out in round 2. All I can say is, "82-18 and 77-23." Erm, I mean, "That's poker."

GL to all the forum types who still have chips & chairs. :cool:

BTW, isn't it brutal how the whole schedule of blinds doubles every round?

ScottyZ
  • All I can say is, "82-18 and 77-23." Erm, I mean, "That's poker."
    That is the closest you've ever come to posting a bad beat story. :wink:
  • all_aces wrote:
    That is the closest you've ever come to posting a bad beat story. :wink:

Hehe... I like using the Coles Notes version. Four digits and a hyphen is all you really need to know to pass the final exam.
  • Through to round four. Time for a nap.
  • and definately off for a nap.

gla
  • if anyones still alive, post your screen name so we can watch!
  • "Chris Jensen" -- I'm so creative!
  • Well Im done.

AA vs KK guess who caught a king....not me :( ...

Least I can go to bed since my wife will let me live to tell about it later!

Redington
  • Round 4 here we come! I probably got at least 1 or 2 more levels in me at most. Need to sleep!
  • Chris Jenson, TiMSuM, and Dick 'the animal' Hertz are left, by my count. GL to all. Any others?
  • wolffhound
  • Excellent. Add wolf 'the killer' hound to the list. (I'm arbitrarily assigning nicknames here for the purposes of drama... hope nobody minds.)
  • Its so annoying trying to follow! Waiting up to an hour between rounds, and they still have 5min breaks during rounds.
  • Out in 78th. Was fun while it lasted. I'm sure Stars got a lot of complaints about the structure. I highly doubt I'll play in the Thursday one. G'luck to the rest of you still in it!

This was good heads-up practice for only 50 FPP. I can sleep now! :)
  • I finished 69th.

I played a very tough opponent named "itwassoooted"

He made one great play folding his top pair (kings) to my AA.

Another hand I had AQ. He raised preflop, i reraised him, and he shoved me all-in. I tanked and folded. Turns out he had AQ also.

We went back and forth. I fell behind and he really pressured me. I started to fire back with any A or K in my hand and took 3 pots in a row. The next hand i limp with 87 suited and flop a straight, and the straight flush draw. I bet the pot hoping he would play back at me, cuz of my previous aggresion, and since i looked desperate with only 1/4 of the chips. H folded! It was my biggest mistake and the only play i regret making. I shoulda let him catch something....

Then I finally went out with 55. Flop came 942. I thought this was a great tiem to move all-in because I was positive he didn't have a pocket pair. But turns out he had the 9. And even worse, he had 95! leaving me with one out. :(
  • long night...played decent till last 1/2 hr...then meltdown.

Good luck to Dick Hertz who's still sailing along!

Thanks to the forum members who stopped by to say gl.

D