chips for cash game

Comments

• Someone on here bought them and liked them, forget which thread it was
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    Someone on here bought them and liked them, forget which thread it was

searched this site and found one guy selling his venerati (which he said he liked) because he was upgrading to paulsons.

also found moose's "basic primer on chips" which he stated the venerati were good ceramic chips. moose saying they are decent is definitely good enough for me.

also came across The_Awesome who said he bought them and loves them.

i'm also considering the milano chips which i like as well. so many choices lol.
  • All the chips sold by straight poker supplies are crap.

Milano's are ok but have a tendency to break (as in no chip should break but every so often a Milano will).

Still, if you are going to get one set, I would go with a custom label on compression molded blanks from pgi, if you have an idea in mind. If you are not a great designer, I can put you in touch with one which will cost about a hundred bucks.

pink, grey or blue are pretty common colours for quarters. Personally I like to spread .50/.50 and use .50 chips. My cash game players are trained now (lol) and when I put quarters in play they get confused. The difference between .25/.50 and .50/.50 is pretty small and more handy if you ever spread pot limit games like PLO. Green is ok, but for cash games, having $20 high denom chips is ideal, since most buyins are in $20 increments and there is no such thing as a $25 bill. I like black for a $20 chip, mostly because that is common in California and putting hundos in a cash game is pretty rare.

Cali colours are $1 blue, $5 yellow, $20 black, $100 white
  • You should just man up, come to my cash game next Thurs and fondle my chips. Then you will know what you want.
  • moose wrote: »
    All the chips sold by straight poker supplies are crap.

Milano's are ok but have a tendency to break (as in no chip should break but every so often a Milano will).

Straight Poker sells Milanos, but with a different label.
  • Straight poker sells Crazy Horse not milanos, and they have different edge spotting on them entirely so no not the same as milanos even with the face changed. But good try though!
    All the chips sold by straight poker supplies are crap.

Still, if you are going to get one set, I would go with a custom label on compression molded blanks from pgi, if you have an idea in mind. If you are not a great designer, I can put you in touch with one which will cost about a hundred bucks.

pink, grey or blue are pretty common colours for quarters. Personally I like to spread .50/.50 and use .50 chips. My cash game players are trained now (lol) and when I put quarters in play they get confused. The difference between .25/.50 and .50/.50 is pretty small and more handy if you ever spread pot limit games like PLO. Green is ok, but for cash games, having $20 high denom chips is ideal, since most buyins are in $20 increments and there is no such thing as a $25 bill. I like black for a $20 chip, mostly because that is common in California and putting hundos in a cash game is pretty rare.

Cali colours are $1 blue, $5 yellow, $20 black, $100 white

i've emailed PGI a few days ago and still have not heard back from them. i'm also very reluctant to order from thechiproom since their website is down. giving some guy my credit card info over the phone is too sketchy for me. i'm actually very frustrated about both these places as i would have most likely purchased from one of them if possible.

everything from straight poker supply is crap? that sucks.
    You should just man up, come to my cash game next Thurs and fondle my chips. Then you will know what you want.

first off, yes i know i'm not a real man.

second, you are right. i should come to one of your games (to play and to check out some chips). thursday night kind of sucks though lol.
  • Getting info from pgi is easiest if you just call them.
    Getting info from pgi is easiest if you just call them.

heh, you would think they would want my business and respond to my email. i guess i can call florida on my cell phone...
  • okay, so i think i have decided to go with the ones i originally wanted in this thread lol which were the Pharaoh's chips. i will most likely order from apachepokerchips.com which i have read is a reliable store.

first, they have $0.25 chips which not all sets have. second, they are a decent price at $0.36 per chip. third, i find the colors of the three chips (blue, white, and red) very distinct (which is important to me being partially colorblind). four, i like how the denominations on the chips are larger sized as it is likely i will have newbies playing and needing to easily see the number on the chips. five, i emailed apachepokerchips.com to ask a question and literally got a response within minutes.

i've read that these are pretty decent chips from a few sources so i think i'm happy with them. probably going to get a 500 set with 100 $0.25, 200 $1, and 200 $5. even with exchange rate i think this is a good price for these chips. hopefully i'll order them tomorrow barring anyone giving me some crazy reason that i shouldn't be getting these ;)

PharaohPrototypes.jpg
  • Cool. What's the customs surcharge like these days?
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Cool. What's the customs surcharge like these days?

apachepokerchips lets you choose USPS as opposed to UPS so hopefully no customs surcharge lol *crosses fingers*. chips plus delivery charge plus exchange rate to canadian comes to around $315ish.
  • also considering using these guys:

CBI USA | US Mailbox Rental & US Shipping Address Services

gf would appreciate a reason to visit the states for some shopping.
  • You only want to pay shipping once, get 20 $25 to increase your bank.
  • trigs wrote: »
    also considering using these guys:

CBI USA | US Mailbox Rental & US Shipping Address Services

gf would appreciate a reason to visit the states for some shopping.

I use a similar service called Kinek, works great - order stuff and pick up at the Lewiston UPS store a couple seconds from the border. I think the one you posted is cheaper though, if you use them let me know how it goes!
    You only want to pay shipping once, get 20 $25 to increase your bank.

Good idea.
  • From pgi:

looking for a unique holiday gift? how about some custom poker chips printed with your own photos or design on each chip! You can get 100 custom poker chips made printed with YOUR artwork, photo, etc for as low as 35.00!!

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/v/t1.0-9/10734113_10152854726834710_4998774959657467150_n.jpg?oh=871284cfa91bbaf9cb3fb797eb51422d&oe=56F16B7C

• Bfillmaff wrote: »
    I use a similar service called Kinek, works great - order stuff and pick up at the Lewiston UPS store a couple seconds from the border. I think the one you posted is cheaper though, if you use them let me know how it goes!

i've only read about CBI. i don't know anyone who has used it though so i was a little apprehensive. however, if you have used Kinek with no problems before, i will probably go through them instead. thanks!
    From pgi:

looking for a unique holiday gift? how about some custom poker chips printed with your own photos or design on each chip! You can get 100 custom poker chips made printed with YOUR artwork, photo, etc for as low as 35.00!!

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/v/t1.0-9/10734113_10152854726834710_4998774959657467150_n.jpg?oh=871284cfa91bbaf9cb3fb797eb51422d&oe=56F16B7C

where is this posted? i couldn't find it on their website. the link is just a jpg of their standard blank chips.
  • Facebook
    Facebook

i'm seriously starting to think you either work for PGI (but suck at it lol) or you are just trolling me. can't for the life of me find pgi or palm gaming or palm gaming international on facebook. searched on google also and only thing i found (through google) was a blank "about palm gaming" facebook page. (see here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Palm-Gaming-International/147145445496248)

so, link would be greatly appreciated ;)
  • Joe Daley is the owner.
  • These are pretty sweet.

Tower and Spear ( CPS) Cash chips

Pricing includes US shipping, you will have to email for international quote.
    These are pretty sweet.

Tower and Spear ( CPS) Cash chips

Pricing includes US shipping, you will have to email for international quote.

thanks moose. those are nice but i think i will stick with the pharaoh's from apache. going to set up an account with kinek tonight and hopefully purchase chips tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: i just haven't been feeling well lately and that's making me slack on ordering these.
  • also, quick question:

copag or kem?

are kems that much better that they are worth the price? from what i've read, copag are very decent cards as well.
  • If you eBay some old school kems, they are the best. Anything new made by US playing card company, suck. Copags are good. Modianos are my favourite.
    If you eBay some old school kems, they are the best. Anything new made by US playing card company, suck. Copags are good. Modianos are my favourite.

i was probably just going to get a couple decks along with the chips from apache. they have modianos too so i'll check those out. thanks.

EDIT: oh, i like how the modianos are a little textured and not as slippery as other plastic cards.
  • another question lol.

poker sized or bridge sized cards?

EDIT: leaning towards bridge size and regular index. apparently bridge size is easier for PLO which i might run occasionally.
  • I like bridge size as well