Announcing Royal XI (April 21, 2012)

1235»

Comments

• what time does the day usually wrap up?
  • 10ish...maybe earlier, depends on HU portion of the night I believe.
    (I have at times been pretty snapped by this time and may be a little off in my est time of conclusion....)
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    10ish...maybe earlier, depends on HU portion of the night I believe.
    (I have at times been pretty snapped by this time and may be a little off in my est time of conclusion....)

Yea the last few RC have been between 6-7 iirc which is way better than a couple years ago which legit went to 10pm.

I think Al changed some of the structures that year for the better.

#nodinnerbreak PLEASE.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Yea the last few RC have been between 6-7 iirc which is way better than a couple years ago which legit went to 10pm.

I think Al changed some of the structures that year for the better.

#nodinnerbreak PLEASE.

Well actually it has been between 8 and 9 since Al changed the structures and we dropped the 1 hr dinner break. Last one we were done, packed up and I was outa there by 9:15. Most pple were gone shortly after 8 or when their HU was done. Typically only the 3 winning teams and closest challenger is still there at the end.
  • The no dinner break was a good move.
    10ish...maybe earlier, especially when crushed HU by Milo. (Haddon was pretty snapped by this time, so I may be a little off in my est time of conclusion....)

FYP . . . lulz. :o
  • I'm part of team Grinders (andrew p) and I was wondering if we could get UFC 145 to show on Saturday night.

thx
  • BankItDrew wrote: »
    I'm part of team Grinders (andrew p) and I was wondering if we could get UFC 145 to show on Saturday night.

thx

And where would we get it from? Not only that we will likely be done before then. What time does it start?
  • The main event won't start till 11pm ish. When do these tournees go until usually?
  • BankItDrew wrote: »
    The main event won't start till 11pm ish. When do these tournees go until usually?
    compuease wrote: »
    Well actually it has been between 8 and 9 since Al changed the structures and we dropped the 1 hr dinner break. Last one we were done, packed up and I was outa there by 9:15. Most pple were gone shortly after 8 or when their HU was done. Typically only the 3 winning teams and closest challenger is still there at the end.

Should be done in time to watch without issue, depending on your drive time.
  • Just heard back from golf course as per below.... Food will be available. We are not to bring in outside food unless special diet/allergy restrictions. This is why we are getting the room/tables/chairs for free. Pop, water, beer will be available as well.. Enjoy but please be respectfull.

We're counting on them being hungry! Burgers, chicken fingers, nachos, hot dogs, sausages - standard golf course fare
  • I can live with those conditions.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I can live with those conditions.

Thanks Johnnie, we sure don't want the alternative.. :)

I would like to ask all attendees to please be on their best behaviours. This is a real nice location and I would like to have the option of using it again for future events, perhaps other tournaments as well as the Royal. By all means have fun though, just be respectful of property and others....
    And if you are driving, don't drink!
    The no dinner break was a good move.

What?

I feel more handicapped then usual.

How are we supposed to eat?

What if I faint from starvation?

Hmm....

It's ok. I've figured it out. I've started an extreme carbo loading regimen. I'm good.
  • holychow wrote: »
    What?

I feel more handicapped then usual.

How are we supposed to eat?

What if I faint from starvation?

Hmm....

It's ok. I've figured it out. I've started an extreme carbo loading regimen. I'm good.

There's plenty of time to eat during the event. Especially in this location.
    No need for a designated hour+ to run out and get something.
    There's plenty of time to eat during the event. Especially in this location.
    No need for a designated hour+ to run out and get something.

So I should kill the carbo loading?
  • holychow wrote: »
    So I should kill the carbo loading?

I would, it'll leave room for us to have a beer on Sat...get some carbs that way.
    I would, it'll leave room for us to have a beer on Sat...get some carbs that way.

Who said I wasn't doing that already? I'll have pissed it all out by then.
  • GL everyone

can i wager any bets on this?
  • Have run into a snag with my 2nd laptop that I was going to use for the Stud round blinds. It appears to be intermittantly rebooting. Is there someone here who can bring one that we can use for the first round at least? Hate to do this (being a computer type guy) but I only discovered it this morning and may not get it fixed before I have to leave, like 20 min from now...
  • PM sent.

I've starting the hashtag #rc12 on Twitter for anyone who wants to chirp/rail online.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    PM sent.

I've starting the hashtag #rc12 on Twitter for anyone who wants to chirp/rail online.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!

Is it #rc12 because it's 2012 or because it's the twelfth Royal? Because it's the 11th, I think.
  • Big Mike wrote: »
    Is it #rc12 because it's 2012 or because it's the twelfth Royal? Because it's the 11th, I think.

D'OH! OK, let's use #rc11