Announcing Royal XI (April 21, 2012)

Comments

• Hey now...

The pick on Mark thread is in another topic! :) I think Darbday started it

Mark
  • I'll be your friend Mark. If only to stage the intervention. ;)

As far as last Royal goes I must have been too busy watching other people play poker because I thought it was about as subdued as I've seen him (not saying that's good or bad). In fact I played my heads-up match beside his, and my memories would be that he wasn't the loudest at the table. (Haddon wasn't there either)

Now writing on walls......not cool. But that's not a Royal issue.
  • Again this thread's about the royal - not me

I appreciate the backup though HM (aside: The writing on the wall thing EVERYONE was doing it on the drywall in his basement, I wasn't just writing on random walls)

Mark
  • Mark, whatever his faults, is not the point of this discussion. I like the idea of exploring other options, and the ensuing discussions that result. I do agree with those who suggest that the current locatiuon is fine for 6-7 teams, but a bit of a strain with 8. If it looks like we will only have 6-7 teams, then lets leave it as it is. If we have increased interest, then our explorations for other venues may prove a fortunate thing.
  • The only other thing with moving to a warehouse type setting is that a bunch of vehicles parked outside what ought to be an empty warehouse on, say, a Saturday night might draw the wrong kind of attention.

Something like the Westside location would be best, IMO but I don't recall how many it will accommodate. Perhaps there's a cost issue there but for comfort, surely teams might be willing to pitch a bit extra to defray same?
  • TammiM68 wrote: »
    Something like the Westside location would be best, IMO but I don't recall how many it will accommodate. Perhaps there's a cost issue there but for comfort, surely teams might be willing to pitch a bit extra to defray same?

We've looked into the Westside venue before.

No dice.
  • Tentative Date is fast approaching.
    Milton/no booze/no yelling = Good times + Great Royal
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    Tentative Date is fast approaching.
    Milton/no booze/no yelling - Good times + Great Royal

Good bump Wolffie... So.... which teams are in? First dibs to existing teams, max 8...
  • top set/bottom pair
  • HBK. Is there really a ban on booze?
  • moose wrote: »
    top set/bottom pair

moose, if you need another "top-set", the missus would like to see what the fuss is all about.
  • KitWho? is in.

As much as I do love to drink...i'll go with whatever the organizers decide and roll with it.
    (its also my turn to DD with BigE...)
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    KitWho? is in.

As much as I do love to drink...i'll go with whatever the organizers decide and roll with it.
    (its also my turn to DD with BigE...)

Personally I'm not concerned with drinking (too much that is)... The regs were never an issue, even Dr Tyore.. lol.. All I ask is a little common sense, since we are in a residential area... And it is very close quarters, everyone wear deodorant.. :)
  • Again

I'll be in regardless, but call the rules now - dry event, or tell everyone to bring Aspirin.

Actually, bring Aspirin anyways.. one of my proudest moments is Peteski looking at my when I wasn't drinking at one of the Royals and saying "Huh - it's not the alcohol"

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Again

I'll be in regardless, but call the rules now - dry event, or tell everyone to bring Aspirin.

Actually, bring Aspirin anyways.. one of my proudest moments is Peteski looking at my when I wasn't drinking at one of the Royals and saying "Huh - it's not the alcohol"

Mark
    Naw, I'm not in favour of a dry event.. We are all adults and should be able to handle it responsibility.. It certainly was NOT you causing issues at the last event.. You were just being you which is fine...
  • Pfft . . . Haddon just needs a better brand of Vodka.
  • As you know I was filling in for Al last time and did take out the dinner break from the schedule. For the people who were out and wanted to leave for a while and then come back a time had to be given out. i was say a time based on the players who were left at the tablesMy recollection was we started the next round no later than 7-10 minutes after the final hand was dealt on the last table playing. The length of the LH game is definately a blind issue, starting level or the length of blind. It is by far the longest of the day followed by stud.

Prophet22
  • So who is on Dr Tyore's team?:)

I got a new team name for you Mark, Marky Mark and the funky bunch.:wink2:
  • ??????????????????????????????
    Philli are you drunk?
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    ??????????????????????????????
    Philli are you drunk?

HAHA no, even though I am in the mood to celebrate! Just bored and thought a reminder for the date of this event is getting closer as I did not see much talk about people getting teams together and such.:)

Edit:

Also so I know who to cheer for! :P
  • philliivey wrote: »
    So who is on Dr Tyore's team?:)

I got a new team name for you Mark, Marky Mark and the funky bunch.:wink2:

I am. I've been complaining about the name Heart Break Kids since I found out it's a wrestling reference.

Considering our track record, a name change couldn't hurt, but MM&TFB is pretty lame.

I vote for Team MARKed for the Bubble. Too on the bullseye?
  • I am on HBK and I think the name suits Mark the best.

Lol need to update my sig to 31 :p
  • If only Amanda was still on our team - Easy Mark sounds right

Also, once again, call it now dry event or not. I'll abide, but I'm always loud.

Mark
  • Is there a team looking for a player. I don't see why I can't play this.
  • Can anyone find the Royal thread where I posted links to all of the previous Royals right back to #1? For the life of me I can't find it.
  • bump. We are a go for the 21st at new location. Anyone find the thread in post above?
  • moose wrote: »
    No reason to change anything, except allow unlimited raises heads up in the limit games.

I hope this rule has been changed.
  • Good news, we "may" have wireless internet available.. The host club hs allowed me to try and hook a wireless router into their existing router to see if I can rebroadcast to the room we are using.. Can't be sure until day of but will try.
  • any word from ryan?