Beware - Pokerforum Deadbeat list

Comments

• GTA Poker wrote: »
    Did this HVEE douche ever pay what he owes?

How much money is it?

Why no stabbing?

No

I believe ~$250 for hockey pool

I covered a $10 dead pool bet

He vanished

Mark
  • Deadbeat story to add to the list... I don't know if this guy actually has an account here but I know that he does occasionally lurk.

His name is Mike Moreland, he lives in Orangeville

I will start this story by saying I know I’m an idiot!

Here is the story... Mike has played a couple of OPT events and I have met him several times, he is friends with half dozen or so people who play OPT regularly. Back in Feb. when I went to play in the Deepstack tourney at Seneca he was there with a couple of players that I know from OPT.

When I arrived at Seneca Mike had been playing all day and had gone broke. He asked me if he could borrow $300, said that his girlfriend was coming the next day and that she was bringing him some money from his bankroll and would pay me back then. Like I said I had met him a couple of times, he seemed like an OK guy, plus he was with guys that I knew, so I loaned him the money. The next morning as I was getting ready to play in the tourney he tracks me down and asked if he could borrow another $500, told me that his girlfriend was on her way down and she had the money to pay me back. Again, he was with guys I knew and trusted, his story sounded plausible so I loaned him the money. A couple of hours pass and I get a text from him asking if he can borrow another $500. Said that his girlfriend was only an hour or so away and that he would pay all back when she showed up. I know call me an idiot but I loaned it to him. He has now borrowed at total of $1300.00 off me.

During the first tournament break he tracks me down and gives me back $500, says that his girlfriend has not shown up yet, but that he took the last $500 I loaned him and ran it up to $3K. Asks me if I mind if he pays me the rest back when his GF shows up because he wants to take the money and late reg into the $1500 deepstack tourney. He just paid me back $500 so he seems like he is on the up and up so I say sure.

That is the last I have seen of him. I have sent him several texts asking about paying back. He has responded with a bunch of lies. For the first month or so that he owed the money his text would tell me that he will be at the next OPT game to pay the remaining $800 back, that went on for about 3 games where he never showed up. Then he told me that was going to come to my house one Saturday to pay back, and never showed up. Then he texted me saying that he would just EMT me the money, that was 3 weeks ago, still no EMT, then he said he was broke and asked if he could pay in payments. (Two payments of $400) one payment was supposed to be two weeks ago, and the next payment last Friday. To date neither of the payments has been sent. As of 6 days ago he has stopped responding to my text altogether.
  • Guess your lucky he paid you back the $500. Seems like a lot of money to lend someone you have only met a couple times?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Guess your lucky he paid you back the $500. Seems like a lot of money to lend someone you have only met a couple times?

Like i said, i'm an idiot. I'm generally a pretty trusting guy. It's not the first time i've been burned loaning money, prob won't be the last.
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    Like i said, i'm an idiot. I'm generally a pretty trusting guy. It's not the first time i've been burned loaning money, prob won't be the last.
    READ!!! its about why a guy who knows a bunch of people needs to borrow money from someone he doesn't know...

Lindgren, Loans, and a Little Advice | PhilGalfond.com
  • Thanks for the warning, Koby.

Maybe this is Hvee's son?
  • I can vouch for CrazyKoby. Very decent guy, very trusting.

And very much an idiot :D

Seriously, Mike...PAY YOUR DEBTS BACK YOU DEADBEAT!! I truly hope he never plays another OPT event until such time as he makes good on this. Not sure if I know who he is, but I must have played with him once or twice in the past.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I can vouch for CrazyKoby. Very decent guy, very trusting.

And very much an idiot :D

Seriously, Mike...PAY YOUR DEBTS BACK YOU DEADBEAT!! I truly hope he never plays another OPT event until such time as he makes good on this. Not sure if I know who he is, but I must have played with him once or twice in the past.

You might have played with him not really sure, he is not a regular OPT player, he has only played a couple of times. the guy is a deadbeat and i have talked with Steve about it, this guy will never be allowed inside a OPT event again. Steve (OPT) hold themselves to a higher standard then a player like this.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »

This mike guy will not be back to OPT unless he is coming to pay crazykoby.

This mike guy will not be sitting down at another OPT Table
  • His name is Mike Moreland, he lives in Orangeville

man that name sounds fami
    liar... can't picture a face though.
    Deadbeat story to add to the list... I don't know if this guy actually has an account here but I know that he does occasionally lurk.

His name is Mike Moreland, he lives in Orangeville

I will start this story by saying I know I’m an idiot!

Here is the story... Mike has played a couple of OPT events and I have met him several times, he is friends with half dozen or so people who play OPT regularly. Back in Feb. when I went to play in the Deepstack tourney at Seneca he was there with a couple of players that I know from OPT.

When I arrived at Seneca Mike had been playing all day and had gone broke. He asked me if he could borrow $300, said that his girlfriend was coming the next day and that she was bringing him some money from his bankroll and would pay me back then. Like I said I had met him a couple of times, he seemed like an OK guy, plus he was with guys that I knew, so I loaned him the money. The next morning as I was getting ready to play in the tourney he tracks me down and asked if he could borrow another $500, told me that his girlfriend was on her way down and she had the money to pay me back. Again, he was with guys I knew and trusted, his story sounded plausible so I loaned him the money. A couple of hours pass and I get a text from him asking if he can borrow another $500. Said that his girlfriend was only an hour or so away and that he would pay all back when she showed up. I know call me an idiot but I loaned it to him. He has now borrowed at total of $1300.00 off me.

During the first tournament break he tracks me down and gives me back $500, says that his girlfriend has not shown up yet, but that he took the last $500 I loaned him and ran it up to $3K. Asks me if I mind if he pays me the rest back when his GF shows up because he wants to take the money and late reg into the $1500 deepstack tourney. He just paid me back $500 so he seems like he is on the up and up so I say sure.

That is the last I have seen of him. I have sent him several texts asking about paying back. He has responded with a bunch of lies. For the first month or so that he owed the money his text would tell me that he will be at the next OPT game to pay the remaining $800 back, that went on for about 3 games where he never showed up. Then he told me that was going to come to my house one Saturday to pay back, and never showed up. Then he texted me saying that he would just EMT me the money, that was 3 weeks ago, still no EMT, then he said he was broke and asked if he could pay in payments. (Two payments of $400) one payment was supposed to be two weeks ago, and the next payment last Friday. To date neither of the payments has been sent. As of 6 days ago he has stopped responding to my text altogether.

If anyone knows Mike Moreland he is a deadbeat tool!

I don't think your an idiot, you took a fellow gambler on his word, 99% of the time thats enough. As card players I personally think that the word of another player is/should be gold. I rank deadbeats in the same class as child molesters and woman beaters!! Mike Moreland pay your fucking debts you no class piece of shit!!!
    For the first month or so that he owed the money his text would tell me that he will be at the next OPT game to pay the remaining $800 back,

found your $800:

The Great Lakes Tour - Premier Professional golf tour and Amateur Ontario Canada
  • pokerJAH wrote: »

It says his home club is Devils Pulpit! $800 is a couple monthly minimums ffs.
  • Mike Moreland-LinkedIn
    Territory Manager
    Lifestyle Home Products
    August 2011 – Present (9 months) GTA
    All your home improvement needs, windows, doors, patio doors, garden doors, roofing, sunrooms, porch enclosures, hardwood flooring

Plays out of Shelburne Golf club now...not quite the Pulpit, but, one would think this doucebag has $800.00...
  • Carefull with this, r we sure this is the right guy?
  • I have always told the wife (in regards to trusting people viz. BAPS) that there is little to worry about as a welcher would be crucified, ostracized, and generally made to feel lower than snail shit, and rightly so. Sorry this happened to you, Koby, but I am heartened by the response of the community.

And, if this IS the guy, you might have some free home renos coming, if not actual cash.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Carefull with this, r we sure this is the right guy?

Worked at Boston Pizza while playing professional golf, based out of Orangeville...
    Same guy. If not, its a compliment to him from me to suggest he has 800.00...
  • Milo wrote: »
    And, if this IS the guy, you might have some free home renos coming, if not actual cash.

There ya go, or take it out in alternate labour, what kind of pizza do you like Koby?
  • literation wrote: »
    There ya go, or take it out in alternate labour, what kind of pizza do you like Koby?

That's a lot of grease wheel though.
  • In the interest of shit disturbing....

I vote that anyone on the deadbeat list should have their stories shared. Also, anyone on the list with aliases should have their AKA identified as well.

Mark
  • Has your roommate paid the rent yet?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Has your roommate paid the rent yet?

Not all, but this seems OT...

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    In the interest of shit disturbing....

I vote that anyone on the deadbeat list should have their stories shared. Also, anyone on the list with aliases should have their AKA identified as well.

Mark

There's 4 ppl on the list. Unless you have some secret deadbeat stories to share about a current member, I don't see what your point is.
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    There's 4 ppl on the list. Unless you have some secret deadbeat stories to share about a current member, I don't see what your point is.

Well, partially I did say in order to shit disturb...

Someone bumped the Voodoo thread, and I'm curious as to what happened. Further, fedh8r is back on here as costanza. If I were new to the board, I'd at least want to know that.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Further, fedh8r is back on here as costanza.

What!?! I thought costanza used to be epic_donk??
  • Stop taking the Internet so srs mark, don't want u losing any more hair over it.

-Fed
  • Not bothering me much

More curious about the other offenders, and never been a fan of the second half of "Forgive and Forget"

Mark
  • Never asked anyone to forget anything, I don't hide from my past, I was/am very honest about it

You are the only single one who has this massive boner for me and my past mistakes that I've repented for. If you can't move on without addressing something with me, then PM me and maybe we can move forward. Holding onto this much hatred/ giving so many fucks is unhealthy.

Anything u want addressed lmk.
  • I got nothing against you in particular...

Just mostly curious about the stories of how they got on the list. I know yours, but not the others. Also, the list is for new CPF'ers, hardly helpful if people just have different names. AFAIK you're the only active person on the list.

Mark
  • As the majority are no longer on CPF, what benefit is it to new members to know who they are? With regards to fed/alias. I thought we addressed that a few weeks ago.

There's beating a dead horse and then there's actual shit disturbing.