Fantasy Hockey - NEW POLL!

There is some interest among those who are currently participating in the baseball pool, and there is an interest to put a buy-in into this hockey pool to keep everyone interested, as well as giving the winner and runner-ups a little monetary reward.

If you are interested in playing, please post below and vote for the maximum buy-in amount that you would be willing to put down towards this league.

Teams:
Beast from the West (westside8) - $20
stpboy's boy's (stpboy) - $10 - Paid by cash
Wolffhound (Wolffhound) - $5 - Paid via PS
HUGE JAZZ (hughjazz6969) - $5
The Pinheadery (Pinhead) - $20 - Paid via PS
Owen Sound Attack (stpboy's friend) - $10 - Paid by cash
Pros Gang (pokerdro) - $10 - Paid via PS
Psi's Team (psi) - $5 - Paid via PP
Ionstorms (ionstorm) - $5 - Paid via PP
Big E's Bruins (BigE) - $10 - Paid via PS
We Play Horkey (Hork42) - $10 - Paid via PS
BackSideBruisers (pokerdro's friend) - $10 - Paid via PS

Comments

• Interested -$20

stp
  • Also interested, $20 seems like a good fit.
  • Im also interested, I agree $20s probally pretty good.
  • I signed up.

Psi's Team.
  • I'd be in for $20 too. Similar to how the basebal one is run?
  • 20$, how would it be done though? I've never done a hockey pool for the season, only the playoffs.
  • Yahoo has a fantasy pool, we can all sign up and do a live draft
  • I'm cheap I'd be in for $5max...I'd also be in for football too!
  • i'm down for any sport starting any time soon... football is already started, but NHL and NBA for sure... 20 sounds ogod
  • i'm down for any sport starting any time soon...NBA for sure

Im in for NBA as well, I think 20 is the way to go.

Tim
  • I'm down for hockey! Let me know when you guys want to start.
  • Any new word on what is going on with the hockey league?
  • I'd be in for either NBA or NHL.
  • Ionstorm wrote:
    Any new word on what is going on with the hockey league?

I will get around to posting more details about it later tonight in terms of buy-in, league info on yahoo, etc etc.
  • westside8 wrote:
    Ionstorm wrote:
    Any new word on what is going on with the hockey league?

I will get around to posting more details about it later tonight in terms of buy-in, league info on yahoo, etc etc.
    :'(
  • Its setup and ready to go...well, at least the league is. The draft is set for Sunday Oct 1 @ 7:30pm. If there is any problem with that, please let me know.

League ID is 50922
    Password is pokerforum

Please post below your team name after you sign up. In terms of money, we will do what they did with the fat man contest. BigE can come in for $5 and max he can win from everyone will be $5 and the rest will be in the side pot.
  • I'm in. Are we just paying up at the end on the honour system or is somebody going to collect the money?

Team name is The Pinheadery.

Edit: Just a note Wes, the counter on the yahoo site says the draft is 7:30 PM
  • Pinhead wrote:
    Edit: Just a note Wes, the counter on the yahoo site says the draft is 7:30 PM

You're right, it was 4:30 Pacfic. It has been changed in my post.

I am trying to figure out best way for money. I am thinking about either paypal, neteller, or honour system.
  • HUGH JAZZ

Can we change the league format to rotisserie instead?

Dom
  • HUGH JAZZ

Can we change the league format to rotisserie instead?

Dom

You prefer that over H2H? I am up for either, but lets see what the rest thinks.
  • Yea I prefer rotisserie in all sports except NFL.
    In H2H, sometimes your players will be on a hot streak for a period of time and you might win that week's matchup by a huge margin but it won't have a big impact on the overall standings. But in rotisserie, your team can go up in the standings significantly.
    Just a personal preference...I'll go with whatever the majority want.

Dom
  • Im still interested in joining, but I would definately want to play rotisserie as opposed to H2H. I am also waiting to have a final decision made on how much each person will be paying, and also how the money will be handled before I join up.
  • Ionstorm wrote:
    Im still interested in joining, but I would definately want to play rotisserie as opposed to H2H. I am also waiting to have a final decision made on how much each person will be paying, and also how the money will be handled before I join up.

The chances are I will get people to send me money via PokerStars. And what we will do is everyone would be in for X amount of dollars, and if everyone is in for $20 except for 1 who is in for $5, that one person who is in for $5 can only win $5 from everyone else. It will work the same way like it does in poker.

I will be switching the format to rotis.
  • I'm in.

I like the format of the fatman/hockey, if you are "all-in" for $5.00, so be it, once registration is done, its simple to make a list of who's in for what.

Wolffhound in the league.
  • I'm out, draft day is the same as my WPT C O Satellite and Rotisserie leagues are lame....enjoy
  • i'm in if its H2H ...rotis sucks!

can we take a poll
  • djalikool wrote:
    can we take a poll

Poll added, please vote before the end of the week!
  • I'm in

stpboy's boy's

stp
  • I havent signed up my team yet, but I have placed my vote for which type of league I prefer.