Fallsview 2-5 NL and 5-5 NL

2»

Comments

• BlondeFish wrote:
    The worst situation would be a table full of Milton Rocks who would take guys like me to the cleaners.
    Now from most of the guys on here I would take the fact that the Rocks are thought to be tight as a jab (compliment), from you I take it as an insult. Now why might that be? :D {sw}
    Edit above... Should have added a sarcasm warning.......... Definitely wasn't insulted... Little thicker skin than that...

Me thinks that if Toronto West actually manages to field a team for Ryder II there may be some great grudge matches brewing, Cory/Blondefish..
    Any Rock/Blondefish...      :D
  • To get back on topic, here's an email I got from a friend of mine about her experience at the 5/5 tables...

"Ended up at a cash game on Sunday, 5-5 NL, played 28 hours of poker straight and made $13,800... It was the biggest throw away money game i've ever played in. One guy was in for $76,000. He was playing every hand and calling every bet to the river... it was beautiful!! 85% of the pots were $1000 minimum after the flop."

I need a bigger bankroll.
  • Zithal wrote:
    To get back on topic, here's an email I got from a friend of mine about her experience at the 5/5 tables...

"Ended up at a cash game on Sunday, 5-5 NL, played 28 hours of poker straight and made $13,800... It was the biggest throw away money game i've ever played in. One guy was in for $76,000. He was playing every hand and calling every bet to the river... it was beautiful!! 85% of the pots were $1000 minimum after the flop."

I cry bullsh*t on this. I am nearly 100% positive that there was no one stuck $76K on a 5-5 NL table this past Sunday, or any other Sunday, for that matter, at Fallsview's poker room.
  • Ended up at a cash game
    I cry "is Fallsview the only place that has 5/5 NL?" I think Rob pulled a slight context switch on you.
  • OP Title: Fallsview 2-5 NL and 5-5 NL
    Zithal wrote:
    To get back on topic...at the 5/5 tables...

Sorry, I took Rob at his word. The thread is titled Fallsview and he says "to get back on topic..".
  • I wouldn't be surprised that people get stuck that far in a 5/5 game. I watch people get stuck 3-4K in a 10/20 game within 2 hours....
  • Sorry, just relating the trip as was told to me by email. I take my friend at her word. She was at Fallsview, and I can't think of any reason why she'd lie. I'll try and get some clarification for you though.

Rob.
  • I asked her about the guy and her response was...

"So the guy that was in for 76k was just a guy who has lots of money and doesn't care too much about how he spends it. Most of these guys we play are the same... supposedly the guy got stuck for even more when he came back tuesday night."
  • what you got to realize is that any limit games lower the a 5/10. almost everyone at the table is going to see the flop because for example the 2/5 the pre-flop cap is a maximum of $8 per person and it cannot go over that pre flop so which means you have a lot of limpers and people with garbage cards that get to see the flop and usally hit big because of it. so waiting for premium hands doesnt always help most of the time in a 2/5 limit game where as higher stakes people actually take time to think about a hand before calling
  • BoyBlue wrote:
    what you got to realize is that any limit games lower the a 5/10. almost everyone at the table is going to see the flop because for example the 2/5 the pre-flop cap is a maximum of $8 per person  and it cannot go over that pre flop so which means you have a lot of limpers and people with garbage cards that get to see the flop and usally hit big because of it.  so waiting for premium hands doesnt always help most of the time in a 2/5 limit game where as higher stakes   people actually take time to think about a hand before calling

What the hell are you talking about?? Did you even read the Title or any posts in the thread? NO LIMIT! NO LIMIT! Pay attention!!!
  • maybe you should read all the posts rather then the last one and you whould have noticed that limit was mentioned
  • Sorry Newbie.....of course you are right.....one slight mention of Limit about 100 posts ago in a No Limit thread does deserve mention again by you. Welcome!
  • there you see it doesnt make you a less of a man to admit when ur wrong. soon maybe youl learn how to actually play poker in real life and not just the video games your used to.
  • Do you play at Fallsview, Alex?
  • 13CARDS wrote:
    Do you play at Fallsview, Alex?
    Methinks Alex may be a bit young.... lol...
  • Zithal wrote:
    To get back on topic, here's an email I got from a friend of mine about her experience at the 5/5 tables...

One guy was in for 76k? People don't even lose that ANYTIHNG NEAR that much at the 10/25 NL with a 5k cap. But let's investigate these claims....

you get 30 hands per hour. Let's assume he goes all in 5 hands per hour and loses every single one. That is, 15% of the time he goes all in and loses. never wins. That means he loses $3000 per hour. Over 20 hours he would get stuck $60,000. This seems a little... iffy.

Anyway... your friend claims to have won a little under 30 buy ins in a 28 hour stretch. You will have to excuse me if i am a little... dubious of her claim.