Bristol St. presents -- "Casual Friday" - Sept 1, 7pm (Waterloo)

As the holiday weekend fast approaches, I've realized that I've done a great job making no plans for it. Yipee!!! So, it's time to start filling up those days and the first thing will be another Casual Friday at my place. The usual joy will be had...

low buy-in tournaments games,
low limit cash games,
alternate format tournaments, and the like.

Any tournaments we play will likely be in the $10 range but unlike previous Casual Fridays, we're going to be starting with our alternate format tournament, because I want as many people playing as possible. I call it...

"Chaos Hold'em"

It will be a $2 rebuy event, and will be filled with complete and utter insanity. If you though Merry Xmas Maddness was crazy...

I'll post more details on Thursday, but make sure to bring lots of toonies. I can't wait for this one!! (PS. If you're not a fan of the somewhat randomness of MXM, please stay FAR away from this event. If you prefer your poker serious, you may wish to wait for the second game.)

As players bust out, tables will open for side games, Sit and Goes, and the like. Expect a late night Pepi's order to complete the evening.

Also unlike previous Casual Friday's I'd like an idea on how many tables to set up, so please let me know if you're coming...

People coming so far: Zithal, 8Ball, DrTyore, JohnnieH, g2(later), freusdianchip, +1, 2BULLETS, PokerQueen
Total players so far: 8

(PS... If you've got a heads-up match that needs playing, please feel free to play it here. Casual Friday will be doubling as an open night for the Heads-Up Championship.)

Comments

• Can I show up around 9 or 10pm and play some of this poker I hear so much about?

/g2
  • Ohh...

I would so love to come, but I can't blow off my mom.

Ever since I got married, it's been no poker (except skittle poker at work, which hardly counts).
  • I have to check my budget, how lame is that? This sounds like a blast as usual, put me down as definitely a possible maybe.
  • morty wrote:
    Ever since I got married, it's been no poker (except skittle poker at work, which hardly counts).
    OK, I totally forgot that you were getting hitched. I'm a donk!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnnie.
  • Count me in, Rob!!

Will someone be able to drive me home? There's a FREE coffee in it for you!!
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Count me in, Rob!!

Shotgun driving Johnnie! Double double please.

/g2
  • g2 wrote:
    JohnnieH wrote:
    Count me in, Rob!!

/g2

More like shotgun drinking. It's been a long couple of weeks at work!

Thanks bro.
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    g2 wrote:
    JohnnieH wrote:
    Count me in, Rob!!

/g2

More like shotgun drinking.  It's been a long couple of weeks at work!

Thanks bro.
    Well you can ride shotgun... but you can't drink there!

/g2
  • my wife and I would be glad to come on friday. Just send us the directions and we will be there at 7.

Thanks Sean
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    morty wrote:
    OK, I totally forgot that you were getting hitched.  I'm a donk!!!

Johnnie.

If I show up I'll gladly drop you off Johnnie, I owe you one anyways!
  • Big E wrote:
    JohnnieH wrote:
    morty wrote:
    OK, I totally forgot that you were getting hitched. I'm a donk!!!

Johnnie.

If I show up I'll gladly drop you off Johnnie, I owe you one anyways!

g2 has me covered.

I'll take a rain check on that later!!
  • Count Mandy and I in for the chaos!!!!

2BULLETS
    :as :ah
  • Didn't realize I hadn't said this yet

I"m in like Flynn baby

Mark
  • crapweasel, I'm out!

can't wait to hear the details tho.
  • I am also forwarding my regrets - last long weekend of the Summer = Cottage and Beer.

I may have ditched my Nana for Jour de Poker - but can't, in good faith, do you this one.

Hope everyone has a blast - let the suckouts over suckouts begin.
  • As promised, here is the "CHAOS HOLD'EM" Preview.... (Friday will be a test run of this new format)

Chaos hold'em is played like a normal tournament, starting with the structure of a regular No-Limit Hold'em tournament.

Before the players post blinds and antes for the hand, the dealer rolls a d100 (can be done with two ten sided dice) and some additional effect is added to the game for this hand, after consulting the table below. Most effects will only last for the hand being played. To keep the game moving, the cutoff (or an eliminated player) will roll the dice and read the result while the dealer deals.

If NEW GAME is rolled, then players then roll a d10 and consult the NEW GAME section. The New games is played for a single hand, using the adjust blinds, limits and/or antes listed below.

The JACKPOT is a common pool (bag) of chips added to by each table in play. (ie. There's only one jackpot in play for the whole tournament.) The tournament can end with chips still left in the jackpot. The tournament starts with 10BB's paid for by the bank.

If any rule causes you to bust, before the cards are dealt, you get one SB. If a rule causes you to bust after the hand has finished, you also get one SB.

(Sample rolls.... I'm about half done, so feel free to make more suggestions, and I'll add it to the list.)

01: NEW GAME
    02: EVeryone limps in! Deal the flop and start the hand with post-flop betting.
    03: The dealer must muck his cards and put 2BB into the pot. The dealer splits the pot with the winner of the hand
    04: EVeryone only gets dealt 1 card this hand.
    05: The dealer gives every player 1BB, clockwise around the table.
    06: Player's chose one hole card and exposes it for the remainder of the hand
    07: The dealer posts 4BBs. If a player calls this bet, all other hands are mucked and the board is run. No more betting occurs
    08: UTG gives the dealer 3BB's.
    09: Four boards are dealt this hand. The pot is quartered between the winner(s) of each board
    10: If everyone folds to the dealer, the dealer must push all-in.
    11: NEW GAME
    12: All hole cards are played face up this turn.
    13: The dealer names one play at this table that is not allowed to play this hand. If they pick one of the blinds, they still have to post.
    14: JACKPOT: Each player at this table adds 1BB to it.
    15: Before the flop, turn or river is dealt, but after betting, any player still in the hand may draw 1 or 2 cards or stand pat.
    16: Each player gets dealt three cards.
    17: Drop the "F" bomb and take a three minute penalty.
    18: Dueces are wild this hand.
    19: The dealer steals the blinds, then a a new hand starts with the same dealer (and another roll)
    20: The dealer names one card. That card is removed from this deck for the rest of the tournament.
    21: NEW GAME
    22: Everyone at the table gets 1BB from the bank!
    23: This hand has one more street and an additional round of betting.
    24: After dealing, everyone gives one hole card to the player to their left.
    25: The dealer names a rank. For each rank that appears on the board, all other players give the dealer one chip of the smallest denomination in play.
    26: For this hand, all suits are considered hearts.
    27: Deal one extra unseen dummy hand after the dealer. The winner of the hand must run the board against the dummy hand to win the pot, otherwise, the dummy wins the pot and the process repeats for the next hand (in addition to whatever was rolled)
    28: The worst possible hand wins this hand
    29: Exchange your chip stack with the player with the next highest amount of chips
    30: The first hole card is dealt face up to which ever play the dealer choose. Deal the second card as normal.
    31: NEW GAME
    32: For this hand, players are not allowed to call. You must either raise or fold.
    33: Deal the middle flop card face-down and only reveal it at the end of the hand
    34: If this hand goes to showdown, run a second board.
    35: JACKPOT: Each player at this table adds 2BB to it
    36: If a player has the Jack of clubs as a hole card, he automatically wins the pot at showdown
    37: Deal burn cards face up, board cards face down. Players make the best hand using the three burn cards, instead of the five board cards
    38: Exchange your chips stack with the next lowest amount of chips.
    39: Blinds are doubled this hand
    40: Name a card. If it appears on the board, each player at the tables gives you 3BB
    41: NEW GAME
    42: 10% of the pot (rounded up) is raked to you.
    43: Seed the pot with 3BB's
    44: Take one card out of the deck and place it face down where A=SB, 2=BB, 3=UTG, etc... If the winner of the hand is the player you've chosen, you steal the pot.
    45: If you don't win this hand, take 25% (round down) of your stack and divide it evenly amoungst the players at the table. (including anyone just eliminated!)
    46: Instead of Hold'em, all players play a round of blackjack. You act as the bank.
    47: Deal two boards this hand. The pot is split between the winners.
    48: Blinds are tripled this hand.
    [snip]
    98: Ignore this roll and roll twice more.
    99: Half-JACKPOT WINNER!! Win half the jackpot. No need to re-seed.
    00: JACKPOT WINNER!!!! Re-seed the Jackpot with 5BB's from the bank.

NEW GAME (SB = Small Blind, BB = Big Blind, BI = Bring in, AN = ante, SL = Small Limit, BL = Big Limit)

0: Limit Holdem (SL=BB, BL=2xBB, blinds as before)
    1: Pot Limit Omaha (blinds as before)
    2: Limit Omaha8 (Hi/Lo) (SL=BB, BL=2xBB, blinds as before)
    3: Limit Seven Card Stud (SL=BB, BL=2xBB, AN=SB/5(rnddown), BI=2xAN, AN & BI < SB)
    4: Limit RAZZ (SL=BB, BL=2xBB, AN=SB/5(rnddown), BI=2xAN, AN & BI < SB)
    5: NL Crazy Pinapple (blinds as before)
    6: Limit Badugi (SL=BB, BL=2xBB, blinds as before)
    7: NL Five card draw (one draw, blinds as before)
    8: Limit Duece to Seven lowball (three draws, SL=BB, BL=2xBB, blinds as before)
    9: Limit Blind man's bluff (SL=BB, BL=2xBB, blinds as before)

Feel free to make more suggestions!! If we only get a single table going Friday, I'm going to suggest changing the game to a $5 freezeout so that we can either play something else, or get another game in. Should be some crazy fun.
  • Oh my god....

I thought "Chaos' was just a warning that with $2 rebuys this was going to be crazy... now that I see the structure....

I'm still in. :)

Mark
  • Rob,

What about adding a hand like the one played at the 2003 WSOP? Where everyone sees your hole cards but you, and you bet accordingly. Also, in hand #29: Exchange your chip stack with the player with the next highest amount of chips, what about the person with the highest amount of chips? Do you take over the lowest amount? This looks like it will be tons of fun, can't wait!

2BULLETS
    :as :ah
  • Got a sitter - yay! ;) Jenn and I will both be there.
  • I'm a maybe, sounds like a fun night.

stp
  • I'm back in woo hoo!
  • moose and mmoose should be there
  • when will the chaos begin Rob?
  • Read the header?
  • Doh, thanks!

I'm going to try my best to make it, If I'm not there by 7:30 I won't be there.
  • Is the crazy pineapple hi/lo Rob?
  • Crazy pinapple is not high low. :) Looks like we're sitting at between 12 and 16 players, so I'll be setting up two tables. (We'll sqeeze in around if we get more.) See everyone in a few!
  • Sorry I just wanted to confirm that I won't be there tonight. Have fun anyway and have a safe but drunk weekend.

stp
  • Hi rob,
    I'll be there.
    jen
  • I just like to note that it's now 5:50PM, and I've opened my first beer of the evening!!

See yous soon!