Bristol St. presents -- "Casual Friday" - Sept 1, 7pm (Waterloo)

2»

Comments

• qtjen wrote:
    Hi rob,
    I'll be there.
    jen

Shit.. my night just became -EV

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Oh my god....

I thought "Chaos' was just a warning that with $2 rebuys this was going to be crazy... now that I see the structure....
    DrTyore wrote:
    qtjen wrote:
    Hi rob,
    I'll be there.
    jen
    Shit.. my night just became -EV
    LOL - it wasn't the $2 OR the structure...
  • I am so sorry I am going to miss this one. I can't wait to hear the results of this insanity.
  • Running late, but en-route. Please blind us out (or whatever the "Chaos" version is ;) ).
  • Any chance for a very late player ????
    just got off from work and I would love to play tonite ....please pm me if possible to join ( directions from downtown kitchener appreciated, I'm not a local...)
    Thanks
  • Rob,

Great night!  It was a lot of fun!  Lost about 22.00 with the re-buys and finally busted out.  :'(  The good news was played in a 4 man heads up shoot out with g2, beanie42 and Mark.  10.00 buy in winner take all.  Was fortunate to win that to make all my buy ins worth while.

I would say get rid of rule 17 or change the wording, didn't feel comfortable with that one.  Otherwise a load of fun.  Not a game for the serious player, loved the change stack rule (sorry Trevor, first time it invovled top stacks) loads of fun would have been better if Folded was there to donk off a few rebuys. :D

Great night!

Prophet :2h :2s
  • A great night Rob..I liked all the 'rules' except perhaps my second to last hand when I had to, for some reason, post another blind but I think that was only because you wanted consistency and the rule was played incorrectly earlier so you kept it the same...I respect that.

As advertised it was a night of 'chaos' and although I was short stacked pretty much from the re-buy cutoff on, I almost made a comeback until my KK ran into TT, JJ, and AQ....KK does not do well against 4 other hands, particularly when the flop comes down T high :( (Mind you that's nothing compared to Rob's 5 Jacks losing to runner runner Aces to give Jeremy 5-Aces!!!!! You should have a bad beat jackpot rule that if quints lose to higher quints you get the jackpot!)

What a fun night, thanks for hosting and organizing....very creative and fun! I can't wait for Merry Xmas Madness II !!! The company was great too, everyone that was there was very fun and light hearted, exactly how a night like that should be!

p.s. That Mill St. Ale was fantastic, thanks for that!!!!
  • Some brief results. mmoose finished 2nd to Jeremy. Congrats. A fun evening. I didn't like the rule of raise or fold only. I guess it was a game of nl chicken but I didn't see the point.

Quote of the night for me was my wife who had no idea how to play any of the games other than holdem. "I won both times I played that Bazoozle game", once with a 'Royal' Badugi (which is the correct name of the game).
  • moose wrote:
    Quote of the night for me was my wife who had no idea how to play any of the games other than holdem.  "I won both times I played that Bazoozle game", once with a 'Royal' Badugi (which is the correct name of the game).

How about 'That's why they call him Moose eh?'

:D
  • Another great night - thanks Rob!
    loved the change stack rule (sorry Trevor, first time it invovled top stacks)
    Thanks Brent ... this actually tilted me a bit, even though the game was nowhere close to "serious". I'll post my thoughts/suggestions later when I have a bit more time.
  • Thanks Rob!
  • You da man Rob!

/g2
  • I love Rob!

stp
  • Hey ROb.....

quote author=Big E link=topic=10737.msg97236#msg97236 date=1157216179]
    moose wrote:
    Quote of the night for me was my wife who had no idea how to play any of the games other than holdem.  "I won both times I played that Bazoozle game", once with a 'Royal' Badugi (which is the correct name of the game).

How about 'That's why they call him Moose eh?'

:D

heehee...that was tooooo funny :)

Great night ROb.......Had a blast.......

Thanks

Mandy