RC2 Team sign ups

This thread will be the official thread of interested teams for the RC2 unofficially Sept. 16/06 in Kitchener.

The 8 teams that earned a spot for RC2 are

Defending Champs -Team Waterloo - Captain Brad
Heartbreak Kids - Captain Shannon
Milton Rocks - Captain Jeff
Kitchener II -  Captain Brent
Royal City Suckouts - Captain ME
Brampton - Captain AJ
Toronto West - Captain Blondefish
Misfits - Jeremy

We would like to increase the number of teams to 10 which means that 4 more teams will be added to the list.  This thread will be open for people to submit their teams.  Once all the teams have been submited there will be a selection process based on the number of teams looking to get in.  The cost per team of 8 is $400 $50/ person.  This money will be collected ASAP once the teams have been picked.  The format will be the same as the last event but the logistics will be much smoother and should make the day run up to 3 hours quicker.  I will start posting details on a daily basis.

Teams must be based on a regional basis.  If there is a question about one of the players please let me know and the Captains will decide eligiblity.

Let the games begin.

Comments

• Ching Hill would like to enter a team. (Brampton based players)
  • I would like to enter a GTA West/Mississauga team
  • I assume two things:

1) Original players have the option of playing for thier original team or thier 'newly zoned' team.

2) Preferences are made towards people who actually participate in CPF. No ringers.
  • 3) Since it appears that GTA and AJ have abandon'd Toronto, I'll take over the captaincy for it.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    3) Since it appears that GTA and AJ have abandon'd Toronto, I'll take over the captaincy for it.

Not that I have 'abandoned' Team Toronto...just want the chance to enter my own team of regular league players to pit against everyone. I'm still playing this thing, be in with my own team (which I have expressed in interest in putting together since the first RC), or with Team Toronto again. But my preference would be getting Ching Hill representation!! :D
  • OOOOOOO, methinks perhaps already team dissension on the Toronto team!!!! They may fall even further behind now. Maybe it's the smog...... lol.....
  • compuease wrote:
    OOOOOOO, methinks perhaps already team dissension on the Toronto team!!!!

Not at all, and I can't stress this one enough, at least not in my point of view. Just think that I would like to captain a team consisting of the regulars. I would play with ANY of my Team Toronto teammates anytime, anywhere.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    1) Original players have the option of playing for thier original team or thier 'newly zoned' team.
    I totally agree, and I think this was agreed to previously (although I'm too lazy to dig back through the archives right now).
    BBC Z wrote:
    2) Preferences are made towards people who actually participate in CPF. No ringers.
    I'm not sure how you can enforce this, since anybody can simply create an account on here. And anyone good enough to be considered a "ringer" probably wouldn't care too much about a chance to win such a small prize pool. I hope most of the players are CPF'ers since it was fun meeting them at the last one, but I don't think the number of non-forum players will make this a real problem.
    STR82ACE wrote:
    I'm still playing this thing, be in with my own team (which I have expressed in interest in putting together since the first RC), or with Team Toronto again. But my preference would be getting Ching Hill representation!! :D
    I remember you trying to get your own team last time, and I hope it works for you this time. A few of your "regulars" are active CPF'ers, and I'd love to meet a few of them (although if Chris is on your team, make sure he doesn't bring any firearms ;) ).
  • Fuck, just count me out, I'm not getting into all this soap-opera drama over a $50 buy-in tourney.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    Fuck, just count me out, I'm not getting into all this soap-opera drama over a $50 buy-in tourney.

Gear down big rig :D. I know Mark was looking at getting a rematch with you this year, he swears he's better than last. I'd also like to get a shot at playing with you so please reconsider. Let's make this another great event.

stp
  • I hereby apply for a West Toronto team. I live in Oakville, and I have a lot of poker friends in Mississauga and Etobicoke. If STR82ACE gets a team, I guess he gets the Brampton region.
    STR82ACE wrote:
    Ching Hill would like to enter a team.  (Brampton based players)
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    Fuck, just count me out, I'm not getting into all this soap-opera drama over a $50 buy-in tourney.

YAWN
  • beanie42 wrote:
    I remember you trying to get your own team last time, and I hope it works for you this time.  A few of your "regulars" are active CPF'ers, and I'd love to meet a few of them (although if Chris is on your team, make sure he doesn't bring any firearms ;) ).

That's ok I don't own any fire arms but my Hands are considered lethal weapons.

I don't have any guns but I'm killer with bullets.

cheese-holes.gif
  • stpboy wrote:
    GTA Poker wrote:

Gear down big rig  :D.  I know Mark was looking at getting a rematch with you this year, he swears he's better than last.  I'd also like to get a shot at playing with you so please reconsider.  Let's make this another great event.

stp

Shannon beat me to it, but I would be VERY interested in a re-match Dave... come on... I promise... no table dancing this time.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Shannon beat me to it, but I would be VERY interested in a re-match Dave... come on... I promise... no table dancing this time.

Mark
    Mark, don't make promises you can't keep.

/g2
  • pokerdro wrote:
      I will start posting details on a daily basis.

Daily?
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    beanie42 wrote:
    I remember you trying to get your own team last time, and I hope it works for you this time. A few of your "regulars" are active CPF'ers, and I'd love to meet a few of them (although if Chris is on your team, make sure he doesn't bring any firearms ;) ).

That's ok I don't own any fire arms but my Hands are considered lethal weapons.

I don't have any guns but I'm killer with bullets.

cheese-holes.gif

I'm all for friendly banter, but posting a picture of BBCZ after his heads-up match with G2 is just going too far.
  • I'm all for friendly banter, but posting a picture of BBCZ after his heads-up match with g2 is just going too far.

Too funny!!!!  I guess that is why he wants to captain a team.  One so he doesn't have to play g2 heads up.

Prophet 22
  • GTA Poker wrote:

I'm all for friendly banter, but posting a picture of BBCZ after his heads-up match with G2 is just going too far.

Ouch.......

bitch_slap.gif
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    Now you've gone too far Mr. GTA Poker :rage:

It's g2 with a LOWER CASE g!!! LOL

And to defend BBC Z, I believe he deserves a space in his name.

/g2
  • I'm all for friendly banter, but posting a picture of BBCZ after his heads-up match with G2 is just going too far.

oOOOOo ZING!
    Too funny!!!! I guess that is why he wants to captain a team. One so he doesn't have to play g2 heads up.

I love the fact that I can fly a transatlanic, not sleep for whatever number of hours that was, puke in the bathroom and *STILL* get all my chips in the middle with the best of it numerous times. I think that says a lot about G2's game and anyone who still harbours that moment in thier heart as a victory 'over evil' is so results oriented that they shouldn't be playing poker ever.
  • BBC Z wrote:

oOOOOo ZING!
    Too funny!!!! I guess that is why he wants to captain a team. One so he doesn't have to play g2 heads up.

I love the fact that I can fly a transatlanic, not sleep for whatever number of hours that was, puke in the bathroom and *STILL* get all my chips in the middle with the best of it numerous times. I think that says a lot about G2's game and anyone who still harbours that moment in thier heart as a victory 'over evil' is so results oriented that they shouldn't be playing poker ever.

Life's a bitch. Just wait until you move out of your parent's basement and have to pay all of your own bills.**

The cheese stands alone.

**this portion of the post is just assumed.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    ... G2 ...
    Now it's on! I demand a rematch! haha :D

/g2
  • Well Greg, will promise you, if there is any way we can schedule it, you get BBC Z, although I sense there may be a few others that would like a shot........ Highest bidder?
  • compuease wrote:
    Well Greg, will promise you, if there is any way we can schedule it, you get BBC Z, although I sense there may be a few others that would like a shot........ Highest bidder?

My advanced sympathies to the Toronto team on their $400 loss.
  • Allright all...

Didn't we cover all this sillyness last march? The point of this whole thing is friendly competition, so let's not start in on the "you're a baby" "you guys are so (this and that)". Honestly, if this is what results from this tournament, I'd rather not be involved... and I *LOVE* playing the Royal cup

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Allright all...

Didn't we cover all this sillyness last march? The point of this whole thing is friendly competition, so let's not start in on the "you're a baby" "you guys are so (this and that)". Honestly, if this is what results from this tournament, I'd rather not be involved... and I *LOVE* playing the Royal cup

Mark

Whatever, chair boy...
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:
    Allright all...

Didn't we cover all this sillyness last march?  The point of this whole thing is friendly competition, so let's not start in on the "you're a baby" "you guys are so (this and that)".  Honestly, if this is what results from this tournament, I'd rather not be involved... and I *LOVE* playing the Royal cup

Mark

Whatever, chair boy...

Dave!

I didn't see a :) after that!

I admit I was foolish too, but let's not compound things! :)

Mark
  • How can i stir a pot with a :D, just doens't work...

BBC and you know I have the love...
  • 1) Dunno why you think I'd be playing for Toronto since
    Toronto - Captain Acid Joe

2) I dont think Punky ever said that I have a team

3) As far as I know, Joe's sent no emails extending team invites.

Ergo, you guys may have to just beat up on the watered down bland version of BBC Z that we fondly call GTA instead.