RC2 Team sign ups

2»

Comments

• GTA, if you captain a team from TO west, count me in. And it's Shane here by the way.

Also just a suggestion for the census. Looking to the $#@%in' things that took place within a week on the last event. Why not bump up the date for this event. I mean does it really need 2 months of organization and planning. I am sure with all the interest to play we could easily have this event within a month from now. Just a suggestion, because the longer the topic sits on the forum the more chance there is for someone to do something stupid like in the past.

Just an idea, and looking forward to hopefully joining your team GTA.

Shane
  • GTA, if you captain a team from TO west, count me in. And it's Shane here by the way.

Also just a suggestion for the census. Looking to the $#@%in' things that took place within a week on the last event. Why not bump up the date for this event. I mean does it really need 2 months of organization and planning. I am sure with all the interest to play we could easily have this event within a month from now. Just a suggestion, because the longer the topic sits on the forum the more chance there is for someone to do something stupid like in the past.

Just an idea, and looking forward to hopefully joining your team GTA.

Shane

Thanks Shane, not sure I'm into this and noone has responded to my request to have my own team except for someone whining about ringers. I have a stable of high-limit pros lined-up to play this $50 tourney, but I'll see if I can squeeze you in if this go ahead.
  • Hilarious avatar! I'm not organizing this but I can't think of any reason for you not to have a team, also I'd rather you bring the best team possible with you I know my team is up for any challenge as is Team Waterloo. Is johnnyT going to be on your team?

stp
  • I haven't heard any responses either yet, and I was hoping to have heard some confirmation on details by now. I'm sure they will come soon.

Shane, I can't speak for everyone, but personally, with summer vacation and all, one month simply is not enough time. I understand your points though, considering the bs from last Feb just before game time, but I would rather have it in Sept, just not the weekend of the 16th. If it is going to happen in Aug, it has to be LATE Aug!!!
  • FYI,

I thought I posted in teh original thread a July 16th deadline for teams interest but apparently I didn't. My intent was to leave the thread open to those interested until then and then contact each Team Captain to varify their team.

So far I have interest from the following.

Brampton - StR82ACE
    Toronto West - GTA
    Toronto - BBC
    Toronto West 2 - Blondefish

I will wait to see if any other teams are interested up to and including July 16th and then we will select the 4 teams from there.

As fot the event itself it will be on Sept. 16/06. The reason for this date is

1) Free venue which will be passed to the Captains who can filter it down from there. - Thanks to the Westside for arranging this.
    2) End of summer where people wil probably be starting to get back into the "poker mode"
    3) Allows the university team (Defending Champ) to properly defend their Crown.

This series was made to be a twice a year event and September seems to be a good fit for most.
  • Well, I'm in Texas for a conference that week...its been a blast though
  • GTA

I will take you off the list as interested.

Thanks
  • While I know your trying to keep this as a regional thing Sandro, why not let the captains just put together a team regardless of location. Even to the point of the first X number of teams that pay the full entry are in. The last event cambridge and london both could not fill a team which led to some forum members not playing that should be able to in my opinion. Mario, witchdoctor and twothree all didn't play. Brad travels far and wide to play and should be given an oportunity to play regardless in my opinion.

Last event g2 ended up as a Miltonite, and eventually Rich put together an outsider team that encompassed people from everywhere. While naturally your friends who probably live close, will end up together on teams, I think a lot of problems and frustration will be eliminated by going with the team approach regardless of where you presently live, have lived, might have slept with etc.

I think while the regional thing is a noble itea, it just doesn't work. Again if Cory, Mario and moose are all that are interested from cambridge, let them get witchdoctor, 23, KRT, or whoever to fill their rosters, so we have a competitive tournament. I have no problem with a requirement that all team members are forum members, or maybe better yet participants in the forum.

This is my 2 cents worth for what it's worth, and I welcome others ideas. This is not meant to diminish any of the hard work Sandro is doing in organizing this event.
  • I agree that teams should only be LOOSELY based on region.  If STR82ACE wants a Chinguacousy Poker League team, most of them may be Brampton residents but they don't ALL have to be.  If the Milton Rocks or any other team has 6 or 7 players from their region but need just one or two more players to complete the team, then any interested player should be allowed to join them without necessarily having to be from the same region, just like g2 last time.

That is my 2¢, so between AcidJoe and me, we now have 4¢! ;)
    AcidJoe wrote:
    why not let the captains just put together a team regardless of location.  Even to the point of the first X number of teams that pay the full entry are in.  The last event cambridge and london both could not fill a team which led to some forum members not playing that should be able to in my opinion.  Mario, witchdoctor and twothree all didn't play.  Brad travels far and wide to play and should be given an oportunity to play regardless in my opinion. 

Last event g2 ended up as a Miltonite, and eventually Rich put together an outsider team that encompassed people from everywhere.  While naturally your friends who probably live close, will end up together on teams, I think a lot of problems and frustration will be eliminated by going with the team approach regardless of where you presently live, have lived, might have slept with etc. 

I think while the regional thing is a noble itea, it just doesn't work.  Again if Cory, Mario and moose are all that are interested from cambridge, let them get witchdoctor, 23, KRT, or whoever to fill their rosters, so we have a competitive tournament.  I have no problem with a requirement that all team members are forum members, or maybe better yet participants in the forum. 

This is my 2 cents worth for what it's worth, and I welcome others ideas.  This is not meant to diminish any of the hard work Sandro is doing in organizing this event. 
  • This has already been taken into consideration and it is loosely regionalized. There were exceptions made in the past and will be made for this event.

In response to the last tournament. withdoctor and twothree backed out late due to their immediate team evaporating due to the venue problem. We scrambled to get another team for them but they declined.

Mario advised me months in advance that he was unable to participate due to work.

I believe everyone that wanted and could play on that date, Did.

I scrambled for the last week to ensure everyone that wanted to play had a team and thus even had an "outsiders" team to accomodate this. Anyone that needs a team can let me know.

I do stick to the thought that a majority of a team should have some association with an area and then if a couple players are needed to fill in they can.

Hope that helps.
  • Haven 't been on much and commenting lately, BUT

Acid Joe "NOW THAT'S AN AVATAR"

yowsaa!!!!

Milton Slimmer
  • It is funny that alot of people on here are grown men with wives and kids and careers...this thread is sooo < highschool. I am almost laughing out loud, but typing "lol" is lame. Imagine 20 years ago, pre wideuse of the internet. Grown men talking about poker and teasing each other like kids. *Sigh, life is so much better now. Thank you Dick Cheney for inventing the internet.

Keep this thread alive, the bickering is awesome.
  • Keep this thread alive, the bickering is awesome.

Yes, but it's far less entertaining than when everyone called bullshit on you and you cried for a few days.
  • BBC Z wrote:

Yes, but it's far less entertaining than when everyone called bullshit on you and you cried for a few days.

Finally more than one word, accurate and entertaining post by BBC. Keep up the good work. :)
  • BBC Z wrote:

What are you referring to...?
  • I don't know if it's too late, but I would like to join a team if there is an opening. If there is, please get back to me through my email.

2BULLETS
    :as :ah
  • Same location this year??
  • 2BULLETS wrote:
    I don't know if it's too late, but I would like to join a team if there is an opening. If there is, please get back to me through my email.

2BULLETS
    :as :ah

There should be a team opening in your area.  Possibly talk to Zithal
    TNORTH wrote:
    Same location this year??

New location in KW Captains have the address.
  • pokerdro wrote:
    This thread will be the official thread of interested teams for the RC2 unofficially Sept. 16/06 in Kitchener.

The 8 teams that earned a spot for RC2 are

Defending Champs -Team Waterloo - Captain Brad
    Heartbreak Kids - Captain Shannon
    Milton Rocks - Captain Jeff
    Kitchener II -  Captain Brent
    Royal City Suckouts - Captain ME
    Brampton - Captain AJ
    Toronto West - Captain Blondefish
    unknowns - Zithal (need to know)

Is this an accurate list of teams particpating? If so, this event should prove to be much tougher then the first one. I'd say that five of the eight teams in this list could easily win this event, where the other 3 have more of an outside shot.

Is the event confrimed for September 16, 2006?

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    pokerdro wrote:
    This thread will be the official thread of interested teams for the RC2 unofficially Sept. 16/06 in Kitchener.

The 8 teams that earned a spot for RC2 are

Defending Champs -Team Waterloo - Captain Brad
    Heartbreak Kids - Captain Shannon
    Milton Rocks - Captain Jeff
    Kitchener II -  Captain Brent
    Royal City Suckouts - Captain ME
    Brampton - Captain AJ
    Toronto West - Captain Blondefish
    unknowns - Zithal (need to know)

Is this an accurate list of teams particpating?  If so, this event should prove to be much tougher then the first one.  I'd say that five of the eight teams in this list could easily win this event, where the other 3 have more of an outside shot. 

Is the event confrimed for September 16, 2006?

stp

Hmm i would be interested to hear which 5 are the favourites and who the 3 longshots are?
  • As long as I play Mark HU, his team will never win
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    As long as I play Mark HU, his team will never win

Considering how I'm doing in the Bristol Street Headsup tournament, I may have to play you myself if it comes down to it, although Mark has improved quite a bit he may just want an opportunity to redeem himself. We'll see what happens when the time comes.

I'll just say that I still believe that the top 2 teams from the last Royal Cup are still in the top 5. I'm a bit worried about the Ching. Hill gang as I am about Zithal's team. I think everyone knows that you really cannot take anyone lightly in any poker game. Anything could happen. My team is going to have to play much better to match or better our performance in the first Royal Cup. I think they all (my team) can concede that fact. I'm really looking forward to it.

stp
  • Hopefully we have another "captains" table in the NL discipline........ Easy points for the Rocks...
  • compuease wrote:
    Hopefully we have another "captains" table in the NL discipline........  Easy points for the Rocks...

That is the game plan
  • I'll vote for the captains table again in the NL too. A lot of fun last time, and one less choice to make :)