Bristol St. "Heads-Up" -- Open Dates: Jul 17, 19

The draw for the 2006 Bristol St. Head-up Championship is now complete and ONLINE. You can check out the standings at anytime by going to..

www.roblegood.com/HeadsUp

Please begin your matches as soon as you can and report back the results. The format is repeated below. If you're having trouble reaching your opponent, please send me a message and I'll help out. Also, please make sure your payment gets to be as soon as possible.

Lastly, the first "Open House" will be this coming Tuesday, July 11th. If you and your partner are not busy that night, feel free to come over anytime after 7pm to play your match. The house will be open and there will be multiple areas set up for the Heads-Up tournament.

Good luck to everyone... SHUFFLE UP AND DEAL!!!

Match Format

Each match will have the same format with each player starting with 6,000 chips. The suggested distribution is 12 x (green-25), 12 x (black-100), 9 x (purple-500). If a different combination of colour and/or distribution is used, both players need to be made aware of this.

Blinds levels are 20 minutes long and breaks are taken on an as-needed basis. The blind schedule is; 25-25, 25-50, 50-100, 75-150, 100-200, 150-300, 200-400, 300-600(capped) I'm anticipating matches to last roughly 1.5 hours (though, of course, could be as short as one hand)

Comments

• Wow, some crazy first round matches!

Flint Bones vs. Zithal!

Mario vs. Trevor!

Acid Joe vs. Shtebs!

Johnnie H vs. Jeremy!

Tye vs. Ron!

Gow vs. Mandy!

and the fastest match of all time will go to...

Cory vs. Brent!!!

Good times....Nicole let me know when you are good to go. Please bring your A-game.

stp
  • One more thing...

hilarious!!

"metro" Tom

I'm actually wondering if he gave himself this name.

stp
  • No, I certainly did not.
  • stpboy wrote:
    "metro" Tom

I'm actually wondering if he gave himself this name.

No, it kind of grew into a permanent nick last night.
  • stpboy wrote:
    Wow, some crazy first round matches! 

Cory vs. Brent!!!
    No kidding. I think the over/under is 5 hands ;)
  • CORY VS BRENT...

Start the ticket sales !!!
  • July 11 works for both Aimee and I.  If wolf and steve can let us know that it works for them we're there. 

PS the official line for over under for cory and brent is 11. I'll start taking bets tomorrow. Rob will let you know when the sales of the tickets are on.
  • beanie42 wrote:
    stpboy wrote:
    Wow, some crazy first round matches!

Cory vs. Brent!!!
    No kidding. I think the over/under is 5 hands ;)

If ever there was a sure bet it was taking the Under on this.
  • Folded AA

I have a ball game tomorrow night at 9:00 pm in Breslau.  I could stop by on the way say 8:30 pm, win and still make my game by 9:00 pm.

Let me know what works best to have your ass handed to you.  I can even hand it to you on your on home turf or we can play on neutral turf say Shopsy's one night.

Prophet  :2h :2s
  • My opponent doesn't seem to be on the forum... I couldn't find a FASSMAN... Will? Are you out there? Who's friend is this again? Rob told me Friday, but I forget.

Mark
  • hahaha eddy vs  diddyy thats a huge rival ever since kellys place
  • hey rob u should get this on tape , and put this on the dvd tooo
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    July 11 works for both Aimee and I.  If wolf and steve can let us know that it works for them we're there. 

PS the official line for over under for cory and brent is 11.  I'll start taking bets tomorrow.   Rob will let you know when the sales of the tickets are on. 

I wish it would work for me Joe, as I know you and Aimee are coming in from out of town. But, I'll be gone to hockey in Brantford and won't be back until after 11.
  • Hey ranger , tuesday at 930 is that good enough for u cus i can be there for 930 tuesday for first round match
  • woooow siiick

diddy man woow prolly gonna be nuts
  • Hey Eddy,

Tuesday is good for me if you're coming in with Cole.
  • 930 tuesday zithals house be there ranger , and diddy
  • Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday work for me this week Joe. Let me know if you and Aimee plan on being here any particular night and I'll do my best to accomodate since you're coming from out of town.

Steve
  • We can do wednesday I've sent wolfhound a PM. 

Where are we going to play? Let me know.
  • Magithighs....let me know when works for you...Tuesday is fine with me.
  • Wednesday works for me. I'm not sure whether or not we have the option to play at Bristol that night. We could play at my house if we need. I have many chips and some good cards I just don't have a good table (just and average dining room table) or blind timer. I'm sure we can make it work though. Wolfhound and Aimee are welcome to play here as well.
    I live in Kitchener for the record.

Steve
  • Hey Mandy,

Tuesday night at Rob's open house works for me anytime after 7. Let me know if you'd be able to make it or if any other day is good. usually good on the weekdays but not generally the weekends. Let me know if tuesday works for you!

gow.
  • Looks like we have game on for Wednesday. Get the opening night jitters out of the way and go from there.
  • [quote=[Fallen Angel] ]
    Hey Mandy,

Tuesday night at Rob's open house works for me anytime after 7. Let me know if you'd be able to make it or if any other day is good. usually good on the weekdays but not generally the weekends. Let me know if tuesday works for you!

gow.
    [/quote]

Same for me, Jeremy!
  • Umm... yea...

So, FASSMAN Will.. who knows him again? How can I get a hold of him again?

I wanna play dammit!

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Umm... yea...

So, FASSMAN Will.. who knows him again? How can I get a hold of him again?

I wanna play dammit!

Mark

I'll pass along his email as he's not often on here.
  • NEWS for July 11...

- For those playing tonight, we'll see you at my place! Please bring your buy-in if you're coming. If you're having trouble getting ahold of someone, send me a PM and I'll help you out.
    - The online brackets have been updated with the results of the first match (congrats, Beanie!)
    - Flint and myself will most likely be playing tomorrow evening (Wednesday night) at my place (still need to confirm), so I'll offer another open invite for people that wish to play. Head on over anytime after 7pm.
  • Confirmed that Bristol will be open tomorrow at 7pm for more Heads-up matches. To keep people better informed, I'm going to adjust the subject to list upcoming open dates at Bristol St.
  • Rob, two items.

First, are you able to contact Quickfingers, or have this person contact me?

Second, I appreciate that you will be unable to provide a full history for each match, in fact you probably wont even be present for each match, but I was wondering if you could have everyone provide the duration and final hand?

Thanks,
    Tom

OK, just read the other thread... Good match report - I know a number of people will be interested in reading key matches - but I dont know if we should be clogging this thread or even section with them - Would you support adding a thread for "Match Histories" I am not sure where in the forum they would fit - but I am sure you could determine an appropriate place.

Thanks again,
    Tom -"Metro"
  • Hey Johnnie,

When would you like to get together and play? Any weekday night is good for me.

Jeremy