LAZY MAN'S OLYMPICS - Come and play

2»

Comments

• Hobbes wrote:
    Oooops, thought it was last Saturday.

I may actually be able to come out and play. Should know Thursday.

Hobbes
    Well, we're all in anticipation... are you coming?

mark
  • As I feared, my basement windows came in.

Sorry, I'll have to pass. :'(

Hobbes
  • YEA!!!!!!!

I got a day pass... :D

I'm in.

Hobbes
  • Rob I'll be just around the corner from you, so do you want to set up some kind of carpool/cab sharing idea?
    I'm willing to drive, but there's not much point in both of us driving when one of us could drink...and probably
    get an advantage in most games :) (Same goes for anybody else in the area)

Brad
  • You should both drive and then drive home the next day!

Mark
  • lol I'm not against that idea either.
    And Mark has plenty of space in his driveway since he only owns half a car :P
  • Pinhead wrote:
    lol I'm not against that idea either.
    And Mark has plenty of space in his driveway since he only owns half a car :P

Zing!!!!!!!
  • Ooh... just a little bit more than 24 hours until the commencement ceremony (i.e. team pitcher)

Just so everyone knows, we should be back at my place by about 4:00, and since I know everyone is a f*#$ing addict, anyone NOT participating int he LMO is also welcome to come out and cheer for their favorite "athlete", and participate in the BBQ / Closing ceremony (drinking), and there MAY be more poker into the evening.

Mark
  • Hey Mark

Joe is out at brantford playing poker tonight which is Friday ... So he is backing out of the lazyman's Olympics...See you soon maybe sometime..
  • BOOOOOOO!!

Poo poo on Joe!!!

He's just too afraid.

Mark
  • He's just not Lazy enuf I guess.... :D
  • Ya I actually got up and done something...... I ended up at Niagara and won some $$$$ whooo fu'n whooooo. Sorry brother but I got home at 3:18 and wasn't gonna get up to get there. I'm really lazy after all, cuz if I was energtic I woulda shown up. And please forgive my Kowl spelling... LOL
  • Mark,

Thanks for organizing yesterday, it was an absolute blast! I had a great time, way too much beer, good company and fun times!

....and you are right Guitar Hero is the best game ever!

Pepi's rocked as always, and Mario, you are the best buddy, you went way out of your way and I owe you, thanks again!

p.s. I still say you can get $20 for the hard hat!!!!!!!
  • Wow..

That was a lot of alcohol fun!!

Congratulations to "Hockey guy" Austyn for being the epitome of laziness!!! Taking home 1st place after winning the pool, darts, and the horseshoe events!!

"Big E" takes down 2nd for a respectable level of lethargy!

tie for 3rd between "Metro" Tom (a late entry) and "Pinhead" Brad - they break even for the tournament, if not for the day....

I don't think I would have broken even even if I took first... :D

Anyways, can't wait until the next one!!

Mark

P.S. did we really have 5 team pitchers at BP between the 10 of us? WOW!!
  • Was a real blast.

Nice putting some ugly faces to the names.
    Hope to be at the next Bristol game....

Hobbes
  • What an amazing day. For anybody who didn't get to participate in this event, make sure you get in on it next time.
    Couldn't ask for a better day, or a better group of guys...and Tom was there too
    Still can't believe I tied that metro :P

Mark, tell Austin he's not allowed to come to the next one because he won too many events. Seriously, how are we supposed to
    beat a guy who shows up with his own pool cue/glove, and his own set of darts?? At least there was poker so I could make my comeback :)

Brad
  • Pinhead wrote:
    shows up with his own pool cue/glove, and his own set of darts??

hehehehehe say no more.....I was waiting for him to pull out gold plated horse shoes and some fancy designer KEM's but he kicked lazy man ass so congratulations on the win!!!! The sad thing was the only thing he didn't bring was his own food for the BBQ?

....and yes Mark we all had 2 litres of beer each before the first event was over!

What a great day....after 14 hours of drinking, I literally drank myself sober!

Nice job on Zithal in the side game too......I think he went from being passed out face down with about 1000 in chips to completely dominating myself and Mario to take down the final SNG.....it was like holy #$#$%^& dude, thanks for waking up!!!!! (my new nick is shortly going to be bubble boy dammit!)
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Wow..
    That was a lot of alcohol fun!!
    Congratulations to "Hockey guy" Austyn for being the epitome of laziness!!! Taking home 1st place after winning the pool, darts, and the horseshoe events!!
    "Big E" takes down 2nd for a respectable level of lethargy!
    tie for 3rd between "Metro" Tom (a late entry) and "Pinhead" Brad - they break even for the tournament, if not for the day....
    I don't think I would have broken even even if I took first... :D
    Anyways, can't wait until the next one!!
    Mark

Count me in on the next one!  Sounds like a great day.  Congrats E on being the second best LazAthelete in the Inaugural Games - did you introduce them to the demonstration event of Washer Toss?

Great idea Mark, disappointed I missed it but my weekend was worth it - but I'm dying to participate in the next event.  I've even begun a training regime here at work for the next Lazy Man Olympics gam....ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • I'll have to introduce them to our version of washer toss next time....as Mark said there were enough projectiles already!

I did notice the neighbours had a washer toss set out on their back lawn but instead of the toilet flange they had a giant coffee can in the middle of the box, how easy is that!

Our style is the best by far!
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Only 5 for 10 of you? My buddies and I drank 6 between 5 of us and that was in under two hours. Oh, and that was after we ordered two regular pitchers because we didn't know about the team pitchers. I can't believe we didn't fall down Niagara Falls that night, haha. Sign me up for Lazy Man's Olympics II.

/g2
  • Actually it was only 8 of you - Neither Lindsay or I drank from the pitcher.

However, from what I have been told I caught up - I was informed that I exited in style by falling off your front porch into the bushes.
  • TNORTH wrote:
    Actually it was only 8 of you - Neither Lindsay or I drank from the pitcher.

However, from what I have been told I caught up -  I was informed that I exited in style by falling off your front porch into the bushes.

This was after my 1/2 gainer over the horseshoe pit? Or while I was being posted / folded in the SNG while puking my guts out?

Sigh... what a great night

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:
    TNORTH wrote:

However, from what I have been told I caught up -  I was informed that I exited in style by falling off your front porch into the bushes.

This was after my 1/2 gainer over the horseshoe pit?  Or while I was being posted / folded in the SNG while puking my guts out?

Mark

good god, it's so funny because it's so true......and yes I guess it was 5x4L jugs for 8 of us, yum!

and Mark, while you were praying to the whiskey gods on the porcelain throne, you out lasted me in the final SNG, neither of us monied but damn, how sad is busting out before the dude sleeping in the bathroom does!!!
  • Big E wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:
    TNORTH wrote:

This was after my 1/2 gainer over the horseshoe pit?  Or while I was being posted / folded in the SNG while puking my guts out?

Mark

good god, it's so funny because it's so true......and yes I guess it was 5x4L jugs for 8 of us, yum!

and Mark, while you were praying to the whiskey gods on the porcelain throne, you out lasted me in the final SNG, neither of us monied but damn, how sad is busting out before the dude sleeping in the bathroom does!!!

I wasn't asleep in the bathroom...

well, not that bathroom... I took a shower at 3:30 - 4 am that apparantly lasted until 8:30... whoops!!

Mark