Where's Haddon

Comments

• Either way, reply on here if your playing or not to see if we can find an extra or not.
  • Geez....

With all the education out there nowadays, you think people would know that pulling out is NOT an effective strategy.

Oh wait.... I started thinking about sex again

My bad...

Seriously, GTA, show up... and in the words of a great man... in his own eyes...

"Lighten up, eat meat, and get along"

Mark
  • You beat me to the pull out, But try to jump up and down for 2 minutes and it may get better

mike
  • Shannon - it's always nice to get into a debate and disagree with the captain of your team immediately before a big event ;) .  Luckily, we're used to being on opposite sides and hopefully can show how you can civilly disagree without getting personal.
    stpboy wrote:
    I think the difference between Andrew, Kyle and Cam are that Cam and Kyle have serious life commitments
    This is what I don't think is fair.  If you think Josh was simply lying the whole time about trying to get back, say so.  But if you believe what he's said about trying to make arrangements, then delays and redtape are perfectly understandable.  Further, if you believe him, then the possibility of not returning to the life he has created is something I would consider a "serious life commitment".
    stpboy wrote:
    Haddon, I believe, is full of crap.
    stpboy wrote:
    I think part of some of the users on this forums frustration was that everyone wanted to believe Haddon but percolating on the back of our heads was the fact that he could very well dissapoint.  It's like the boy who cried wolf (one f)
    This is fair, and exactly my point.  I just don't think you can believe he planned on coming back and get angry that now he can't.
    stpboy wrote:
    It takes a lot of effort on the part of the organizers and Captains to get there best team together.  I think the frustration is reflected respectfully in Jeremy's post about needing another player.  Me personally, I hate feeling as though I was taken for a ride.  I can empathize with what the Lunatic Fringe team is going through.  Trying to scramble last minute to get a replacement.
    I totally understand the frustration, and had prior conversations with Jeremy about this.  However, as frustrating as it is, he either lied about trying to return, or he told the truth and while frustrating, stuff happens.

I'd also like to reiterate that I am neither claiming to believe Josh or not, I'm simply pointing out that the choice is in whether he's being truthful or not (not whether 48 hours due to VISA issues is a legitimate reason).  I've PM'd Josh privately a few times and told him what I think about things he's posted and blogged.  He knows what I think, and that's that.  I personally don't like these sorts of threads where everyone airs there dirty laundry and feelings.  When handled privately, there is less mis-communication and it avoids a mob mentality or a civil war.  I've always come to regret the few times where I've responded publically to a private attack.  But to each their own...
    stpboy wrote:
    I know that things like this discussion will not tar the events of tomorrow, I'm sure noone really cares if one (or two) specific people do or do not show up.  It'll be a great event regardless.
    Tomorrow will still be great - can't wait.
  • Does anyone know Jeremy 2BULLETS phone number. Pls PM me... Apparently, I'm the team wrecker and now need to find replacements.. lol :D
  • folded wrote:
    I'm the team wrecker
    Way to step up and take responsibility Cory ;)
  • Hey Trevor,

You know I love you man!  You are still one of my Captains picks brother!!  

Anyway, to sum up what I was saying (I always seem to have to clarify after the fact lol) even though you truly believe someone is not telling the truth I think it is inherent in most of us to want to believe that this time will be different and they won't let you down.  This is where my frustration comes from.  I didn't believe him, never did (about coming home) but really wanted to, as did his teamates.  I actually would have loved to have heard some stories, whether they were true or not.  Josh is at times larger then life and I enjoy that.  I also respect that he speaks his mind and tells me to my face when I'm being an A-hole!  

As I said in a PM to GTA, I perhaps should have just PM'd Josh but that would have been a lot less fun and less interesting.  Half kidding there....it's never fun for me to hurt someone's feelings.  

It's all good.  

stp
  • beanie42 wrote:
    folded wrote:
    I'm the team wrecker
    Way to step up and take responsibility Cory ;)

Okay, okay, okay... Everybody is all worked up over this... LET ME, be the big man and apologize.. Dave I didn't mean to offend you and I APOLOGIZE. However, if you really want to back out, please let us know..

I am willing to bankroll "Mini TD" into this event if necessary... (only, if he pushes blind twice during the tournament on my direction...lol...) Either way, I will make sure Dave's departure (if that turns out to be the case) won't hurt our team...

ME
  • stpboy wrote:
    it's never fun for me to hurt someone's feelings.  
    must..hold...back...

seriously folks, i'm really disappointed josh won't be there. he is great fun to have at the table. i think this situation could have been handled better proactively but with age comes experience.

well, it should be an interesting day. let's be sure the first aid kit is handy.
  • Wow,

When I win my first major tournament there will be less talk about me than this. If any of you think I was sitting here just saying I was coming home with no intention of doing so, you are so off the reservation it isn't even funny. To reiterate, I NEEDED TO BE HOME LAST WEEK ANYWAY, AND ASKED TO BE PART OF THE CUP WHILE I WAS HERE. Serious life commitments? How about...cousin's wedding last week, other cousin's due date was last week, my dog needs to go to the vet and I was supposed to finalize an application to sponsor a bursary for college hopefuls at my old highschools. But maybe you're right Shannon, this could all be BS. God, some of you people KILL ME.

(Shannon, as for being a mental health professional. I worked at Lutherwood-CODA for 2 years at the Woodlands youth facility on Bearhinger road. I know they were just kids and analysing you having that experience is wrong. It's just you act so much like them. Also, I completed four semesters in the Psychology course at Athabasca University.)
  • GTA Dave,

I have recently looked at this post. I knew Haddon was not playing, but being the captain of our team I would like you to email me if you are now backing out. All joking aside, tommorrow is going to be a blast and I set you and Mark up, as I'm sure there is unfinished business between the two of you. I would like for you to email me with any challenges you have, and hope we can act like adults and find some way to get all of us on the same page. Please email me either way, so I know where you stand. Email address is rvp2be@sympatico.ca.

2BULLETS
    :as :ah
  • Just to hijack / clarify

I am truly hoping GTA Poker comes tomorrow, I am very much looking forward to playing with him again, as I fully enjoyed our game last time, and greatly appreciated what he had to say in the days following....

All the ribbing and humourous icons and bounties placed in the past few days / weeks have been purely good natured and done in jest.

It would be an absolute travesty to lose him from tomorrow's event.

Mark

P.S. Please note it was my understanding and belief that this was all good natured, if it wasn't, then Dave's a poopey-head.
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Geez....

With all the education out there nowadays, you think people would know that pulling out is NOT an effective strategy.

Oh wait.... I started thinking about sex again

My bad...

Seriously, GTA, show up... and in the words of a great man... in his own eyes...

"Lighten up, eat meat, and get along"

Mark

OMG Mark..... this one got to me...... my belly is hurting...... BTW welcome to the ryder cup fairwell tour.
  • Just catching up on a couple of these threads today....  wow...   The Haddon fever is really spreading.....   The Rocks are kinda old for this (well except for g2)...  Maybe we should pull out, our pacemakers may melt  with all the flames flying about....  Naw, wouldn't miss it for the world.. All is well in Rock land, no internal strife, no last minutes drop out....  lol...  Should be an easy cruise to victory.......  Grow up boys, get thicker skins, learn a little tact, and LETS GET IT ON!
  • THank you

compuease..

Well said... I hope everyone is done... with this ...
  • compuease wrote:
    All is well in Rock land, no internal strife, no last minutes drop out.... 
    Oh ya? Where's my effin' shirt?
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    compuease wrote:
    Well ya know........... wanna share mine?
  • compuease wrote:
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    compuease wrote:
    thanks for the offer but i wear 'man' size :D
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    compuease wrote:
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    compuease wrote:
    thanks for the offer but i wear 'man' size  :D

Hee hee, why I oughtta.... see ya in the morning... See I have a thick skin....
  • compuease wrote:
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    compuease wrote:
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    compuease wrote:
    thanks for the offer but i wear 'man' size  :D

Hee hee,   why I oughtta....  see ya in the morning...  See I have a thick skin....

Dave M has lost enough weight, lop off a chunk of his old shirt and give it to pkrfce9...just remember to sew the hoody into it.
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    Dave M has lost enough weight, lop off a chunk of his old shirt and give it to pkrfce9...just remember to sew the hoody into it.

Dave may have lost alot of weight, but have you SEEN Greg?? :D
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    Wolffhound wrote:

Dave may have lost alot of weight, but have you SEEN Greg??   :D
    ya, when they added me to the Rocks, they truly became the Boulders. good thing the shirt doesn't have to cover my ego
  • I am JoSh Haddon.

Regards,
    Cory
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    I am JoSh Haddon.

Regards,
    Cory

lol, classic 15 Molson Export after the Ryder Cup..(also known as MVP)
  • haddon wrote:
    Wow,

When I win my first major tournament there will be less talk about me than this.  If any of you think I was sitting here just saying I was coming home with no intention of doing so, you are so off the reservation it isn't even funny.  To reiterate, I NEEDED TO BE HOME LAST WEEK ANYWAY, AND ASKED TO BE PART OF THE CUP WHILE I WAS HERE.  Serious life commitments?  How about...cousin's wedding last week, other cousin's due date was last week, my dog needs to go to the vet and I was supposed to finalize an application to sponsor a bursary for college hopefuls at my old highschools.  But maybe you're right Shannon, this could all be BS.  God, some of you people KILL ME.

(Shannon, as for being a mental health professional.  I worked at Lutherwood-CODA for 2 years at the Woodlands youth facility on Bearhinger road.  I know they were just kids and analysing you having that experience is wrong.  It's just you act so much like them.  Also, I completed four semesters in the Psychology course at Athabasca University.)

and I walked on the moon, and I did Britney spears, and I invented the cure for cancer but I lost it at a bar...and I .....whatever.
  • If you missed the other thread, GTA's father passed away last week.  My condolences.

Regardless of any excuses given by any player I would like to quote the great Dave Navarro

"What were you thinking?  You never, ever bag on your peers like that".

This could be taken two ways so I had better modify this to include the info that Dave's quote was in reference to Dilana's bitching through the media about her housemates on RockStar: Supernova.
  • :as :ad :ac :ah

.... or your sick dog.
  • makes me want to get my nipples pierced
  • moose wrote:
    If you missed the other thread, GTA's father passed away last week.  My condolences.

Regardless of any excuses given by any player I would like to quote the great Dave Navarro

"What were you thinking?  You never, ever bag on your peers like that".

I don't think Mr. Navarro own a single shirt, just a bunch of jackets?

GTA, my condolences as well, I do not know you aside from this on-line community but that is a sad and difficult thing for anyone to go through. I hope you have lots of friends and family to help get you through it! A poker game really is trivial and insignificant next to something like that!!!
  • Maybe a re-naming of the thread?

"Where's Haddon's blog"?

Mark