Stars $ for Full Tilt anyone

2»

Comments

• Soup wrote:
    jrockhaf wrote:
    Big E could u explain how you would cash out using,neteller and keep your money in amarican funds?

Very easy. Cash out from your pokeraccount to your neteller that is in USD funds. If your account is in CDN funds call neteller support and they will help you opn a new account in USD funds and transfer all of your information over. Then once the money is in your USD neteller account, you request a fedex'd cheque (cost a few bucks but comes next day). On delivery you recieve your cheque for the cash out amount in USD funds.

Neteller wouldn't allow me to just transfer everything. I had to close my Cnd$ account and re open a new account with a base of US$. You then need a different bank account (if your previous account was certified) and a new e mail address. Neteller wouldn't allow me to use the previous ones.
  • I don't understand why that would be the case Joe. I went through the transfer process (a long time ago) and used the same email etc.
    There's no "duplication" as the original account is closed, so, I'm lost on why Neteller would say you'd have to link a different bank account etc?

With respect to the $, in a perfect world, put a lot of thought into opening the account. Go to your bank, open a US savings account, then open US Neteller account and just transfer between the two of them. This would eliminate the 11.00 FedEx fee to get your own money etc...and no exchange fees either.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    Soup wrote:
    jrockhaf wrote:
    Big E could u explain how you would cash out using,neteller and keep your money in amarican funds?

Very easy. Cash out from your pokeraccount to your neteller that is in USD funds. If your account is in CDN funds call neteller support and they will help you opn a new account in USD funds and transfer all of your information over. Then once the money is in your USD neteller account, you request a fedex'd cheque (cost a few bucks but comes next day). On delivery you recieve your cheque for the cash out amount in USD funds.

Neteller wouldn't allow me to just transfer everything. I had to close my Cnd$ account and re open a new account with a base of US$. You then need a different bank account (if your previous account was certified) and a new e mail address. Neteller wouldn't allow me to use the previous ones.

Same here Joe.
    I called them and had my CDN$ account closed and then reopened one in US$.
    Same email, same bank account.

Hobbes

• Yep.  My cheques from Neteller are in USD every time.  As for the FedEx charge, it's $11.00 USD.  So, if you're anal like I am, request your cheque and add $11 to the amount (ie: if you withdraw $111 the cheque will be for $100).

Neteller has a mailing center in Canada where the checks originate.  I just use regular mail and it generally gets here within a few days.  Not that big a difference but the charge is $2 vs $11 (and yes my last check request was for $2502 so it was a 2500 check :P)

As to the other points, a friend of mine created his in Canadaian by mistake. They closed it for a US $ one but did not require a new email address or bank account. That does not make much sense given you are closing the first account and are the same person. If they told you that I would do the "thank you and call back for a different customer service" plan.

Currently you can NOT have a US funds account based in Canada linked to your Neteller account. I have asked them about this for years now, and they cannot really give a good reason why, but that is why I get checks sent, as there is not the option of transferring to my bank without it forcing an exchange to Canadian (which Neteller charges 1.7% )
  • Why do you all withdraw via check rather than EFT? Is the exchange more favourable that way? I was under the impression that my bank is setting the exchange rate either way (my neteller is in USD), so that requesting a check would just be adding another step (me going to the band to deposit).

If I am missing something, please let me know.