West Side Poker Clubs Heads Up Challenge April 29th

West Side Poker Club

Presents Our Annual

Heads Up Challenge

Registration and sign in at 10:00 am
Saturday April 29th Heads Up Challenge 11:00 am

This will be a RAKE FREE EVENT held in downtown Kitchener.  All money taken in will be paid out.

The winners of these events do not get a free entry into our Tournament of Champions in June.

You will have the choice of participating in one or both of our two tournaments.  The 32 person single elimination event – Cost 125.00 per person or our 32 person single elimination event Cost is 40.00 per person.

Prize Pool

Each event

First Place:  50%
Second Place:  30%
Third thru Eighth:  will get an equal share of 20%

A lot have been asking about the format so here it is.  If you entry the 125.00 event it will be a single elimination.  The 40.00 event is a single elimination.  The reason for doing it this way is to allow everyone the chance to play.  People have asked can you enter both.  The answer is yes.    In all matches players will start with 10 000 in chips and each game will last 1 ½ hours.  Blinds will start at 50/100 and go up every 20 minutes.  50/100, 150/300 300/600 500/1000.  The blinds will then be frozen.  If the game is still going on after 1 and 20 minutes, antes will start at 500 and double every 3 hands until we have a winner.  People are asking can I register for both and the answer is yes.

Those who are interested would email  me at westsidepokerclub@rogers.com in what’s anticipated to be a sold out event!

There will also be a table set up for a 2/4 Ring games as well as a 1/2 game.

Prophet 22
West Side Poker Club

1.  Prophet 22
2.  Blazin72
3.  Josh H.
4.  GTA
5.  Shopsy
6.  OnTilt98
7.  Reserve
8.  Rohit
9.  Folded
10.  George Grady
11. Reserved for George Grady
12. Reserved for George Grady
13. Reserved for George Grady
14. Last years champion Lee R

1.  Prophet 22
2.  Blazin72
3.  Josh H.
4.  GTA
5.  Johnny H
6.  witchdoctor
7.  pokerJAH
8.  accobra kid
9.  maninder
10. Shawn C
11. 2bullets
12. Steve Bubba
13. Spencer W
14.  pink lady
15.  Jeff T
16.  Lu br-skills
17.  Shopsy
18.  Folded
19. IsaMe
20. Wolfhound
21. Reserve
22. Ken (Guelph)
23. Rohit
24.  mark wilson
25.  jon beaucage
26.  john gillis
27.  rick schnarr
28. Jason T
29.  Hollywood
30. Poker Queen
31. Eddy11
32. Dinobot

40.00 Waiting list

1. Ontilt98
2.  Chris Canning
3.   Dan Reinhardt

Comments

• I'm in brent.

Both I guess...whatever.
  • The 32 person single elimination event – Cost 125.00 per person
    32 person single elimination event Cost is 25.00 per person.
    If you entry the 120.00 event it will be a double knockout.
    The 40.00 event is a single knockout.
    The descriptions are conflicting - could you please clarify the buy-in and format of the events.
  • Thanks Beanie, should be correct now.

Prophet 22
  • Sign me up for both.
  • Sign me up for the $40 event.

JohnnieH
  • I want to see some MDS and SOS cash in the donations pool...
  • Can I suggest a 30 second clock on players if the blinds are timed?
  • I am in for the $40 event....thanks!!!
  • Hi Brent, I will give the $40 tournament a shot. Cheers.

PokerJAH
  • I'll play the $40 one. Thanks!

-- Steve S
  • The 40.00 tournament is filling up fast. If you've never experienced heads up it can be a lot of fun! Give it a try

Prophet 22
  • brent give me both spots
  • I wanted to donate my dead money  :fish: but I just found out that there is another heads up tournament (free) on April 29/30.  :'( Whereabouts is the West Side Poker Club so I can stop by for the side games later?
  • This is filling up fast, I will update the list tomorrow. Sign up here today.

Prophet 22
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    I want to see some MDS and SOS cash in the donations pool...

And a donation is exactly what it would be...from SOS anyway
    I've never been too good at heads up, but I can make top 10% in the majority of tourneys I enter. Have to work on that aspect before jumping into the shark infested waters of Kitchener
    Good Luck GTA
  • Put me down for the 40 dollar one.
  • aww brent man i wanna play in this soo badly but are home opener is that night at 8 o clock in elora vs sarnia , soo good luck to everyone
  • Please put me down for the $40.00 one Brent.
    Its about time I popped my Westside cherry.
  • you can sign me up fo rthe $40 heads up.

Jason T
  • hey brent sign cole and eddy up if u can gurrente it will be done before 6 for the 40 buck event
  • Brent

Can you sign me up for the 40.00 one Pleeease :).....Jeremy thought he said yes to both of us, but i see my name is not on the list......

THanks

PokerQueen
  • can u sign me and three friends up to the 40 dollor one please
  • I need the names of the people who would like to play.

Prophet 22
  • The 40.00 event is almost sold out. 5 spots left

Prophet 22
  • brent 40 bucks me and eddy lets do it up ill end this before 6 like u said myself play sooo loooose
  • Hey brent....I sent an email to you, but still dont see my name on the list..Could you add me again please

POkerQueen
  • and eddy to brent eddy dale wants in the 40 bucks
  • $50 last longer for the $125 event anyone???

:d
  • Just wanted to mention that once again I see that STP is ducking a westside tourney. These are the tournaments that test your skill, and although shit happens, I would have thought STP would want to test his skill in this kind of tourney. Especially since Hollywood challenged you heads up and you chickened, I mean had an excuse, I mean couldn't make it for some reason. Anyways I'm sure there is a good reason for not making it to this one as well, but remember you have to be the best at heads up, if you want to end up THE WINNER!!!

2BULLETS
    :as :ah
  • 2BULLETS wrote:
    Just wanted to mention that once again I see that STP is ducking a westside tourney. These are the tournaments that test your skill, and although shit happens, I would have thought STP would want to test his skill in this kind of tourney. Especially since Hollywood challenged you heads up and you chickened, I mean had an excuse, I mean couldn't make it for some reason. Anyways I'm sure there is a good reason for not making it to this one as well, but remember you have to be the best at heads up, if you want to end up THE WINNER!!!

2BULLETS
    :as :ah

stpboy has come to quite a few West Side events in the past, so it is a little unfair to day he is ducking us at West Side. However, the challenge from Hollywood is another story ...

Two spot left in the 40.00 event. A reminder that this is a rake free event. All money taken in will be paid out.

Prophet 22