pokerforum.ca Celebrity Challenge - Details!

2»

Comments

• ScottyZ wrote:
    No problem, I can take some pictures. I have enough skillz to take some photos and play poker at the final table at the same time. I understand that sloth is fairly new to poker, and will have to put all of his energy into concentrating on the game. ;)

ScottyZ

Not to worry guys, I will take the pics since "teach" will be knocking me out early.... :D
    Teach, wheeere aaare yooou? :tongue: ....

Bill

teach
    "I prefer a freezeout with a larger buy-in. I will win this thing - taking out esool and gekko first and second."
  • For breakfast, I would even recommend a place called Benny's over Mel's. The price is still good, ($4.99) but the portions are fantasic! In addition, there's not the wait that Mel's usually has.

For wings, Morty's is one of the best (I have a friend come in from New York just to have the wings there). A small jazz place called Boomer's, though, is quicky becomming my new favorite. (Though if you haven't experienced Morty's you really should... perhaps a post tourney wingfest?)

Although, the nickname of my place is a huge hint as to where I am, I'll be sending PM's a week before the event with a specific address.
  • I agree, you can't go wrong with Mel's, Benny's, or Morty's. In fact, I think I'm gonna go get some wings at Morty's right now...damn it guys, you made me hungry! Extended lunch, here I come!

GG
  • Not to sound like a broken record here but...

Not having a vehicle, I was still curious about the carpool idea (from toronto) out the the tourney on the 25th.

Barring the carpool idea, maybe someone would be nice enough to offer me a lift (this is my polite way of trying to bum a ride). I would help pay for gas and offer to buy yummy yummy treats :D for the trip.

Just PM me. I would arrange to meet the giver of such transpo anywhere they needed me to (provided of course I can get there by subway or bus).

Thanks in advance.

:rolleyes: hat in hand
  • Hey all,

I've been off the internet for the past couple days, so I'll be updating the list with the recent additions no later than noon on Monday.
  • I'm late to this thread but if there are any spots open, I'm interested in both the satelitte and the main event. And its in Kitchener?
  • i see your list has gone beyond 21 players. is there a cap on it or is space in your house tight? add another table?

how many of you guys actually know each other? I live in parkside right near lakeshore
  • Send a PM directly to Zithal if you'd like to play.

He has mentioned *possibly* being able to accomodate more players, but let's leave that up to him to decide on.

Also, I'd suggest that it's getting to be a reasonable time to drop the unconfirmed players from the list. It's been about two weeks since the official announcement of the tourney, so it's getting to the point where we should maybe issue a stronger deadline for them to confirm their entries (or just drop them from the list until you actually hear from them). I think it's already quite generous of Zithal to have reserved the spots for them as long as he has so far.

ScottyZ
  • Hi guys,

Wish I wasn't at a wedding on the 24th.....sounds like a well-organized event and should be a great day!! Zithal, I'm in Kitchener and will definately be in on your next tourney.....good luck to all of you!

Padge
  • ScottyZ has a good point. I'll be dropping anyone with a "?" by their name this Thursday before I leave from work. I'm such a ruthless, cold-hearted bastard!

Also, if anyone's bored this Thursday (July 15th) and is in the area, I have some spots available in a $15 No-Limit Bounty Hunter tournament that I'm hosting. $10 goes to the prize pool, and each player is issued a $5 Bounty token. Eliminate a person and get their token. This is a freezeout tournament with each player getting 1000 in chips. Doors open at 6:30, the tournament begins at 7.

PM me and I send you more details if interested!
  • Damn, if Thursday wasn't my birthday, I'd be there for sure. :(
  • I got to meet Zithal for a brief moment yesterday. Cool guy, and I can tell the tourney is going to be fun! :)
  • That sounds like a fun way to run a tourny. I think I'll have to give that one a try. Can't make the Thursday game Zithal, but definitely be looking for future tourny's in the K/W Cambridge area.
  • A quick update for today.

I've added directions to the original post on this thread. Check it out and PM me if something doesn't sound right.

Second, Even though it'll be a little squishy, if we have between 22 and 24 players, I'm going to make the tables 8-handed (as opposed to 7 handed). This will let the limit increase to 24 players which will hopefully be enough!

Lastly, I've not heard back confirmation from the "?" people so they've been removed from the list.

I think that's about it!
  • I forget if it was Scotty or Zithal that mentioned this, but perhaps it would be a bad idea to have name tags @ this thing. lol we're all buddies online, but this will be the first time a lot of us will have met in person..course it could be fun walking around saying "Who are you, and who are you on the forum?"

Nametag could have forum name/real name errrr....I dunno, maybe a dumb idea...just thinking of something to break the ice.

nametag.jpg
  • sloth wrote:
    I forget if it was Scotty or Zithal that mentioned this, but perhaps it would be a bad idea to have name tags @ this thing. lol we're all buddies online, but this will be the first time a lot of us will have met in person..course it could be fun walking around saying "Who are you, and who are you on the forum?"

Nametag could have forum name/real name errrr....I dunno, maybe a dumb idea...just thinking of something to break the ice.

Good idea. We're not *all* Kreskins...
  • but perhaps it would be a bad idea to have name tags @ this thing.
    Yes, despite what Sloth says, I think it would be a *good* idea to have nametags. (j/k, I know he just made a typo) ;)

I can volunteer to try to get some nametags for this. I'll see what they've got at Wal-Mart, unless somebody knows of a better place.

I was thinking both real names *and* forum names on the nametags would be good... possibly even 2 nametags each if it would make them easier to read that way.

ScottyZ
  • I'll be at Zithals bounty tourny tonight, let you all know how it goes.

stp
  • I couldn't attend Thursday's game but I am looking forward to the write up Zith usually sends.

Cheers
  • I won't write much here re: the tournament as I will allow Zithal to write up his analysis of the game but I will tell you that I had a great time with some great people. The tourny was run very well and I had the opportunity to win "TENS of DOLLARS!" which I did, I finished second. The best hands I had all night were JJ, 1010, AQ (twice), AJ, A10 suited (which Zithal raised into me and made me fold to his QQ) and then a significant drop off 33 and 22(twice). I didn't hit a set all night, didn't have Ak, AA, KK, QQ once all night nor did I have anything between pocket 10's and 4's so I feel I played fairly well with the cards I got. I'll post my favorite hand of the night, there weren't many....

I'm heads up at the final table with a guy that I have played with all night and have a farily good read on, although he will play anything hes smart with his chips (knows when to hold em', when to fold em). I get 1010 in the 2nd hand of our heads up match. He has roughly 11K I have just under 5K, he is the BB and blinds are 400/800.

stp: "im all in"
    Ty: quickly "I call"

Ty shows 7h 8h

stp: "whew"

flop comes down: AD JD 9H

stp: "uh oh no tens, no tens"

turn: 6S

stp: " NO TENS, NO FIVES!"

river: 3C

So I won the hand and it was a bit adventurous but it was all for not. After this hand my next 10 hands were very cold and I was getting blinded out by Ty's aggressive play, had to make a stand with J4 diamonds vs his Q9 diamonds, needless to say...I lost. Anyway, thanks for the invite I look forward to many more.

stp
  • Zithal, I was just wondering if there was anything that you need for the Celebrity Challenge? If there is, just let me know.
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Yes, despite what Sloth says, I think it would be a *good* idea to have nametags. (j/k, I know he just made a typo) ;)

I can volunteer to try to get some nametags for this. I'll see what they've got at Wal-Mart, unless somebody knows of a better place.

I was thinking both real names *and* forum names on the nametags would be good... possibly even 2 nametags each if it would make them easier to read that way.

ScottyZ

I agree name tags are a good idea. This way "teach" will know who to take out first..
  • Well I must now bow out of the tourney this weekend. Sorry for the lateness of the is post.

My parents are taking a trip to Vegas and can fly much cheaper from Toronto then they can from Edmonton. They leave on Monday but are flying into toronto early Friday to visit me and my wife before they go. I found out last night after I got home from my buddys poker fundraiser Tourney.

Once again sorry Zithal.
  • that's too bad Garro. :( hopefully next time man.
  • I'm in! Looking forward to meeting you folks.
  • Can anyone give me a lift out to Kitchener on their way down? I live in Guelph which is about 15 min from Kitchener. I would really like to make it out but I don't have a ride. Please PM me if you'd be kind enough to pick up a straggler along the way. I am willing to fork out for gas.
  • As I write this... the bags are packed, the car loaded, and the pilgrimage to Waterloo begins... See ya all on Saturday!!:D