two truths and a lie

2»

Comments

• beanie42 wrote:
    I was legally dead for a short period when I was 13.
    As a teenager, I was arrested for planting a bomb at a shopping mall.
    3 years ago, I was investigated for child abuse.

I have to say the lie is as a teenager you were never arrested for planting a bomb at a shopping mall. I think you got away with it!
  • Haddon #2
    SkittlePoker #1
    SpecialK #1
  • I guess the drunk for Shetbs. (No inside infomation here).

Trevor: #3

Mine.

1) I was a bubble boy as a child due to severe asthma.
    2) I was once questioned by the police in regards to a double homicide on my street.
    3) I had a film that I wrote and directed screened at the AGO.
  • Flint Bones,

I guess Bubble Boy?
  • #1 - TRUE

A few years ago I went to L.A. for a Microsoft PDC and on the return flight was Ed McMahon and is wife (kinda hot). When we were waiting in the customs line he was in front of me. At one point I found myself standing beside him and having a boo at his wife.

#2 - FALSE

My motility was 99.7%! When we were trying for our first child we ended up at a fertility clinic. Long (funny) story short, there were 2 women named Kim in that day and the "samples" got mixed up. My wife was almost inseminated with the wrong sample.

#3 - TRUE

I had gone with my family to see David Copperfield many years ago. I was in the isle seat and wearing a white sweatshirt. For one of the tricks they had already pre-picked someone from the audience and had worked out a routine. In order for Copperfield to "randomly" pick someone from the audience they put a little red sticker on his white shirt (left shoulder). So, Copperfield starts walking up the isle and with the spot light in his eye could see my white shirt. He grabbed my shoulder but couldn't find the red sticker. He kept walking and 4 isles back he found the right guy. I saw him get the sticker and throw it on the ground and away they went.
  • it has to be the bubble boy thing... i mean did that really happen? i think if it did it wouldn't be just for asthma
  • I live in a bubble, but its because I refuse to accept reality.
  • FlintBones #3 - I can't believe any movie you'd make would be cleared for public viewing ;)
  • 1. The police caught me coming out of a school portable that my buddies and I had broken into to use the computers inside to pirate computer software.
    2. The police wanted copies of the software for themselves.
    3. One evening partying in FLA we convinced the bar owner to drive us to another bar after he decided to close early.
  • 1. I got bored shooting target cans with a pellet gun so I gave my brother 10 seconds to run and hit him above the eye.

2. Once during an audition I was told a looked like a young Warren Beatty during the play back of the audition.

3. After college I was hired by the Billy Graham association as a sermon writer and fact checker.

Prophet 22
  • honestly, someone has to make a single posting of all the people's claims. This is impossible to follow. I log off for a few hours and am totally lost.

I CALL SHENNANIGANS!!!
  • 1. I got bored shooting target cans with a pellet gun so I gave my brother 10 seconds to run and hit him above the eye.

3. After college I was hired by the Billy Graham association as a sermon writer and fact checker.
    These two I believe.
    2. Once during an audition I was told a looked like a young Warren Beatty during the play back of the audition.
    You are waaaaaaaaaay better looking than Warren Beatty!
  • Here is mine...

1) While vacationing in Europe, I performed a hynoptism routine in front of a large crowd and successfully hypnotized 5 people.

2) I've been paid to dance around in my underwear at a bar in front of a large crowd.

3) I've taught a high school religion class in a Catholic school and convinced the students that the story of Adam and Eve was a postive thing for humanity.
  • Wow, so many uniques lies and shocking truths.
    Mine goes as follows
    1) True. This was the one that most people picked as my lie. A friend and I were supposed to hook up with some girls we knew at the Palace in Guelph one night. While waiting we got incredibly hammered and eventually realized they were a no-show. We used all our faculties and tracked down a girl my friend had met at the Turkey point bar on the same night as #3. She invited us to hang out with her and some friends witch ended being in a dirty almost unfurnished home that had people calling and showing up all night long for a few moments dissapearing into a room then taking off. Then they proceeded to smoke some crack in front of us. We spent the night and now laugh about our little foray into the dark underbelly of Guelph ever since.

2) True. I moved from Kitchener to Sudbury at the age of 10 and moved back from North Bay at the age of 15 having attended four different grade schools and two high schools in that period.

3)False. The story is true but it happened to my friend Tom, whom I was looking for 'cause he was sharing loggings with me that night and I was his ride home. I searched the little town for sign of him for hours and decided to head home without him. I saw him walking down the road in the opposite direction roughly half an hour later.
  • Zithal wrote:
    Here is mine...

1) While vacationing in Europe, I performed a hynoptism routine in front of a large crowd and successfully hypnotized 5 people.

2) I've been paid to dance around in my underwear at a bar in front of a large crowd.

3) I've taught a high school religion class in a Catholic school and convinced the students that the story of Adam and Eve was a postive thing for humanity.

I think I was one who paid you in #2.

So I am going with #1.

My answers:

1. True. When I was 2 I was in a bubble (not like a Seinfeld bubble) for a month.
    2. False. Made it up.
    3. True. I was in Film school and the project I did garnered enough positive feedback that my one teacher screened it along with a documentary of his. The film was about 2 young guys waiting for a hooker. I guess you had to see it.
  • Here's mine:

1. After a failed attempt at jumping a small ravine on a dirt bike, I am rescued/retrieved by fire dept. & paramedics and transported to hospital.
    2. I've made the trip from Ancaster, Ont. to Kingston, Ont. in 2 hours and 2 mins on a motorcyle. (diff. motorcycle than in #1)
    3. I have gone 103 km/h on a bicycle.
  • 2. I've made the trip from Ancaster, Ont. to Kingston, Ont. in 2 hours and 2 mins on a motorcyle. (diff. motorcycle than in #1)
    335 km. avg speed 165 km/h. passing through the GTA. hmmm, close call.
  • Here's my results:

beanie42 wrote:
    I was legally dead for a short period when I was 13.
    DrTyore wrote:
    Beanie:  I"m gonna go with #1 - I know it's easy to get accused with child abuse, and I think you've had a "colourful" past

FALSE.  I passed out and fell off a playground tower landing on my face (should explain a lot :) ) and the doctor's were surprised I didn't die, let alone get injured (barring a few days of amnesia).  The falseness is that it occurred when I was younger (10) and that while I was told by those who witnessed it (teachers/parents) that I stopped breathing for a few minutes, I was not declared dead "legally".

beanie42 wrote:
    As a teenager, I was arrested for planting a bomb at a shopping mall.
    Trev...I am going to have to say #2
    TRUE.  I didn't do it, but due to my "colorful" reputation, I was picked up for it until I convinced them I was innocent.

beanie42 wrote:
    3 years ago, I was investigated for child abuse.
    sloth wrote:
    Beanie...I'll say #3 for you is a lie...child abuse.
    haddon wrote:
    Beanie - Child abuse..haha, I hope.
    specialK wrote:
    beanie: child abuse
    Trevor: #3

TRUE.  Even though we knew we had done nothing wrong, this was the scariest thing I've ever been through, since I've heard the horror stories of what has happened to other innocent parents.  However, as Mark said, "it's easy to get accused with child abuse". Jenn and I were investigated twice due to complaints from a bad neighbor (we have since moved).  In both cases, we were not only vindicated but the social worker's commented on the great job we were doing raising our kids (although this praise rightly goes to Jenn). 

p.s. I appreciate all the votes for #3 :) - thanks
  • beanie42 wrote:

TRUE.  Even though we knew we had done nothing wrong, this was the scariest thing I've ever been through, since I've heard the horror stories of what has happened to other innocent parents.  However, as Mark said, "it's easy to get accused with child abuse".  Jenn and I were investigated twice due to complaints from a bad neighbor (we have since moved).  In both cases, we were not only vindicated but the social worker's commented on the great job we were doing raising our kids (although this praise rightly goes to Jenn). 

p.s. I appreciate all the votes for #3 :) - thanks

I had a friend who was accused of child abuse because his son was very quiet.

I'm not kidding.

the kid was quiet, and didn't talk too much in class, so his teacher reported that he may have been abused.

It's strange, because I'm quite conflicted here, one part of me feels that I'd rather them investigate 100 people and be wrong 99 times, but then there's also the stigma that can get attatched if you're the subject of an investigation.

Mark