Bristol St. Classic XXIII - Wed. Feb. 8th @ 7pm (Waterloo)

Comments

• Zithal wrote:
    We'll be running this tournament, once again, as a freeze-out.  (The next event will likely be a re-buy).  Although it wasn't used due to some drop-outs, we will once again be using the alternates format.
    Good luck everyone!!

Hey Rob what is ALTERNATE FORMAT MEAN?

Jeremy :as :ah
  • Thanks Johnnie - I was hoping you would remember!

That was a profitable football game for me yesterday - especially playing Hi-lo on party against the other drunks after.

Hit one 5 way all-in that I took the top and quarter the low for $179
  • 2BULLETS wrote:
    Hey Rob what is ALTERNATE FORMAT MEAN?

People on the waiting list can get into the tournament when a player busts out during the first N levels. It's a format that has mixed feelings from people ("not fair to let people in after it starts" v. "letting as many people play as possible")
  • Does this mean people on the waiting list just show up and hope that a spot opens up?
  • ..and as players bust out of the tournment you get in. Haven't yet tried it to see how it works. Optionally, I can put chips in the living room to play a cash game while you wait... with the only problem being that the rest of the chairs are used in the tournament, so you get the couch and the floor.

One of these days, I'll have a bigger house, more room and more tables!
  • Thanks Rob, do you think its likely that someone like me, 7th on the list, will eventually get a spot?
  • You might be 6th on the list. I just found out I have a midterm Wednesday night. But I'm not officially withdrawing until I get confirmation from the prof (b/c we were originally told it would be Thursday).

/g2
  • Thanks Rob, do you think its likely that someone like me, 7th on the list, will eventually get a spot?

Hard to say. For the last tournamnet we immedaitely hit 7 players on the waiting list, then ended up with only 30 showing. Tuesday and Wednesday are the days that I start getting cancellations, so check back often.
  • g2 wrote:
    You might be 6th on the list.  I just found out I have a midterm Wednesday night.  But I'm not officially withdrawing until I get confirmation from the prof (b/c we were originally told it would be Thursday).

/g2

Hmm poker tourney, the night before an exam. Interesting study technique.
  • moose wrote:
    Hmm poker tourney, the night before an exam.  Interesting study technique.
    Worked out pretty well last time :D

/g2
  • I'd be quite happy with a repeat of that tourney too Greg :D
  • Pinhead wrote:
    I'd be quite happy with a repeat of that tourney too Greg  :D
    No can do.  I won't be able to make it.  My midterm is Wednesday night from 7-9pm.   :'(

/g2
  • We can always have you post and fold, and have you pull a Jamal! :D
  • Sorry for the short notice Rob but I won't be able to attend tomorrow, please take me off the waiting list. Thanks.

E.
  • The list has been updated, Kevin has taken Greg's spot.
  • As of this morning, no movement yet on the waiting list.
  • For those of you who are currently on the waiting list - Who intends on showing up??

Just trying to guage if I will make it - or if there will be enough for a cash game.

Thanks,

Tom
  • I'm gonna have to pull my name from the waiting list.

Steve
  • Hey Tom

I believe that Jeremy and I are going to show up and test our luck :)

See ya there :)
  • Thanks Steve - Doesnt do me any good seeing as you are the only person who is further back on the list than me!!
  • Great News for guys on the Waiting list

I cannot make it, seems the wifes flight home is delayed. Hence, ton ight I will be playing the role of Father.

Rob sorry for the short notice, this is twice, but the third time it will be a charm.

Red/Tyson
  • Updated the list and Steve is now in with Jeremy and Mandy next on the list. Heading home now, so I won't online. Good luck tonight all!
  • Some more great news for people on the waiting list, Keven and Steve won't be there tonight. This is coming straight from the mouth of Lamb of John. Him and I will be showing up tonight though.

stp
  • AWESOME - Between those 3 and alternates - I should be golden !!
  • Good game as always. I guess I had to be first out at some time.

I just wasn't feeling it tonight. I think I misplayed my hands and got burnt. Oh well. I will just have to win the next one.
  • Hey Rob.......

Thanks for a great night of Poker.....Just wish my cards would have been better :(

PS - Shannon I changed our pic, is this less "Preppy"....LOL

See u all at Trevors

Mandy
  • 2BULLETS wrote:
    PS - Shannon I changed our pic, is this less "Preppy"....LOL
    I love it Jeremy - now you look like a Canuck Eminem clone :)

12.jpg
  • Enough of Jeremy's picture.

Who won, FT players...give some freaken details.
  • Congrats to JohnnieH. "SirWatts" Mike came in second, and MrsMoose was 3rd.

/g2
  • Congrats JohnnieH!!!!!!! Got that Bristol Title now!!!!