Monday Night Poker - 'Po Boy tournament

2»

Comments

• I will be moving the "Po' Boy Tournaments" to www.oddsnpotsgaming.com

Yes.. it's a shameless plug for the website I am now affiliated with..

Mark "Corporate" dirty whore
  • DrTyore wrote:
    I will be moving the "Po' Boy Tournaments" to www.oddsnpotsgaming.com

Yes.. it's a shameless plug for the website I am now affiliated with..

Mark "Corporate" dirty whore

Great, when can we expect our free accounts to be open?

• Well, I got a reply from support after 3 very nasty emails over the course of 3 days. I tried to keep it civil in the first one, a little more angry in the second, the third email had every bad word Iknow in it and I think I even made some new ones up? But the end result was that they did not just reply saying 'it's your computer now go piss off' Instead they actually apologized for the difficulties and reimbursed my whopping $5.50 buy-in. Sure they gave me a ticket worth $5.50 that I can use on their site but, really, what more could you ask for....see throwing a tantrum does work!!!!!
  • For what its worth, I was running the DL version of PR on my Laptop, Linksys Wireless Router and just using the XP firewall.

I've never had disconnect problems on PR. I'm not on Rogers.

Glad to see you got your buy-in back...now Hork can say..."ya, but, you gave that other bastard his 5 bones...NOW ME"
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    For what its worth, I was running the DL version of PR on my Laptop, Linksys Wireless Router and just using the XP firewall.

yeah it's weird at first I started with the D/L version and I had MSN running, a download going and Poker Stars on (I don't use XP's Firewall and with your Linksys you shouldn't need it either, I find it a PITA but just my 2 cents), no hiccup in anything but PR. So I shut everything else off, still problems so then I went to the java version with nothing else running, same problem..so then I just said F-this fired Stars up and just kept calling until I was finally out of my misery. When I played my required hands to get my deposit bonus I 4-tabled without a single hiccup so I dunno. I'm confident it was not on my end unless it was something Rogers does? I'm sure I'll have the same problems when I try to play the sng they gave me a ticket for?

and Hork should definitely raise a stink!!!
  • and Hork should definitely raise a stink!!!

Oh, don't worry... I am. Thing is, I'm battling Eurobetpoker, not Pokerroom. So I can't even use the "you gave him his money back, so give me money too" line.

I'm still convinced it has something to do with the firewall. You shouldn't HAVE to forward ports to get it to work, but if you look at their support page (both sites, same software), it says if you're having trouble and using a firewall, forward ports 5700-5709, 5720, 5724 for poker and ports 5750-5759 for tournaments. I can play the ring games just fine, and seems like you had no problems multitabling them.... There's something about the tournament connections that makes it different.
  • Oh, don't worry... I am. Thing is, I'm battling Eurobetpoker, not Pokerroom. So I can't even use the "you gave him his money back, so give me money too" line.

If it helps, I swore...a lot!
  • Okay, this is just classic, I had to laugh or I would have killed someone....I now completely and firmly believe on-line poker is RIGGED, there I said it, rigged I tell you!!!

So I bitch wine and complain to Poker Room about the disconnects in all Blergs tourneys, they reply that they will give me a 5.50 ticket...wait a few days, reply to them that I have not received the ticket. They apologize and say withing the hour. I wait another couple days, no ticket.....more apologies and within the hour....wait another day, etc. Finally I get the magic ticket...but what took so long getting it? Well I'll tell you what, they had to write some quick scripts to monitor their software for me to log in and use the black listed ticket, that's what took so long!
    I had no idea though...because I always thought on-line sites were not rigged? Foolish me...anyways I log on last night thinking ok, I'll win a 5.50 sng and justice will be served indeed because I deserve it right? We all deserve to win every time we play..unless on-line poker is rigged?

Anyways...no hand history but here's the summary:

Card dead most of the way, blinds have moved up to $50/100 still with 10 players and all the stacks fairly close. The guy sitting to my left is very aggressive, his stack has been up over 2000 and he's pushed me off some pots with aggression but he ran into a couple big hands and now sits at about 950, I have 1200 in the BB and I see KTd. The aggressive player to my left calls, a couple more callers around to me and I just check my KTd, there's 6 of us in the pot, flop comes down K54 one diamond and I make a bet of 300 the player to my left immediately goes all-in and it's folded around to me? Hmmm, I'm thinking I'm good here, I'll take this donk out and get some much needed chips....I click call...now unknown to me this 'script' the IT yahoos at poker room worked on so hard fires off just at that very second to inform them that the troublemaker (me) has put all his chips in the middle and it's time to fire off the 'rigged' script to give the donk going all-in with 34d all my chips because WTF goes all-in with 34d??? Anyways, sure enough he shows 34d and the turn is a 4 and the river is a 3 to give him the boat......and there you have it...undeniable proof that on-line poker is rigged! I went out the very next hand with AQo when I pushed and the same guy called with T5 and hit a T, groan!

Moral of the story, don't ever complain to any poker site support people, they will unleash this nasty script and you will lose!!!!

p.s. I did not disconnect once during this tourney..which leads me to believe that DrTyore also can write scripts that cause his opponents to mysteriously disconnect whenever he is in a pot, I believe Mark is also rigged!

(disclaimer: I do not truly believe on-line poker (or Mark) to be rigged...this is just a stupid bad beat story but F-Me come on...seriously 34???? All-in with bottom pair grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!)
  • Talk to beanie42 about his 900 raise at Bristol last night with aces....

He'll remember it.. it was his LAST HAND OF THE NIGHT

Should give you an idea...

Mark