Monday Night Poker - 'Po Boy tournament

Hey all

Just set up another tournament on pokerroom.com for all you lovely pokerforum players. It'll be at 8:30 p.m. this MONDAY JANUARY 30.

Once again, it's under "Tournaments - Private Tables - Blerg's 7s $5+.50"

As you can see, it's a 7 card stud, Min players 2, Max players 30. Payout structure is "normal" no rebuys, and it's limit.

Password: "Drtyore" (w/o the quotes)

Bring it on people!!

Mark

Comments

• Once again I will donate to the cause.
    E.

p.s. let's hope the connection is better this time.
  • I have no idea what went wrong there, but considering I had no problems, and I was using the java client, maybe that's the better idea? I know you can download as well, but I've never had problems with the Java-based.

Anyways.. let's get out there boys! BRING IT ON!

westside.. I expect you there... and stpboy.

Mark
  • Only 18 hours until the game begins, and yet we have only 2 entrants... the deadly DrTyore, and the menacing Wolffhound.

Come on people.. grow some grapefruits... it's only $5.

Mark
  • I'm in too now
  • I assume the payout structure isn't "steep" again. Although I really did enjoy taking off with all the money last Monday.

Runner Runner
  • Yes... it's a "normal" payout this time Wolff... so no big payday for you this time.

Mark
  • 1st will pay out fine I'm sure.
    See you at 8:30.
  • What does "Last place due to technical difficulties" pay?
  • Hork42 wrote:
    What does "Last place due to technical difficulties" pay?

How does a hug and a kiss from DrTyore sound?
  • So that's worth what, like 50 cents?
  • Ouch...

Am I not at least a $2 whore?

mark
  • Sorry, your references didn't check out. All the feedback I got was "lousy lay"
  • Ahh...

But did you ask stpboy?

Mark
  • Good one Hork.

Mark, if someone offered you .50 when it was over you are still making about 100/hr.
    Of course, this is only what Catherine said...and I heard it through Tom, so, don't shoot the messenger.

Yes, I hope that the connection problems don't come up again, that ruined what could have been a
    good SNG.

Tough to brag when you beat 5 guys who disconnected...and Mark.

But, wtf...I will anyways...DING DING DING.

Runner Runner

p.s. I didn't get to play in the KW Grudge Match, so, I'm using this as my outlet.
  • Alright, I actually made it into this one.

Team LONDON represent.
  • You are all goin' down to my ub3r stud skillz
  • I think all these d/c is a time we should no longer host this on PR
  • I wrote nasties to them.
  • Don't worry Hork, you are not the only one.
  • Hey all

Good news and bad news... I will be continuing these tournaments, and the bad news is that (maybe bad news) I will be moving it to a different site...

Anyways.... I just wanna congratulate westside8 on his dominating win tonight.... and dinosaur and Zithal for the respective runner-ups! Great job guys!

Mark
  • Btw- here's my experience with support. Note: I'm playing on Eurobet, a Pokerroom skin.

First - I try forwarding the ports as suggested on their vaguely-worded support page. Also tried both the java and downloadable client. Next, tried it on a laptop with a fresh install of Win XP. No good.

So I send a "Message" through the website to technical support, outlining what my problem was and what I have done so far.
    I get a message back fairly quickly, telling me to uninstall the software (should have stopped there), and reinstall it. Did that, no change. Send a message back and wait. Nothing.

I click on the "call me" button on the site and fill out the form with my phone #, etc... and wait. nothing.

I send another message to them, pleading that they call me cause I was currently getting sucked out on in a tournament. I get a phone call fairly quickly.

"try reinstalling the software"
    I did.
    "We are not experiencing any connection problems"
    Well, I am. So is another guy in the tournament, and the same thing happened last week.
    "Clear your cookies"
    Ok. Done
    "The problem must be your computer"
    But I tried it on a laptop too.
    "Then it is a firewall."
    The laptop has a direct connect to the internet, it's not...
    "click"

huh??

Nasty emails sent...
  • Man..I feel dirty taking out Mark with running spades on 4th-7th street. And also for winning a tourney where d/c was a problem on my starting table..stupid PR...

dino, Rob, congrats on also making the money, I know Rob was excited for sure.
  • Congrats guys. It was fun. I take my bubble spot as usual. Damn online poker LOL. Don't forget the headsup on PS on Feb. 1st.
  • That was fun kids. Westside, sorry I had to bail and not put up more of a fight. I took the lead there for a sec, but the cards clearly favored you. Hope to do it again.

Cheers
  • In a complete and utter rage, I know it was not your fault Mark but I was livid! It seemed every few hands it would disconnect and then nicely fold my hand when I had chips in the middle, once on a sweet pot where I was holding a boat. I wrote a message to support demanding my buy-in back but judging by Horks experience I won't hold my breath. I just was fuming that I had no control over my play other then to post and fold because as soon as I called or raised...oh disconnect we'll give the other players your chips, thanks for coming out! It was complete and utter BS and to win chips in that manner, well you shouldn't feel good about it! I will never, ever play there again, period.

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
  • Big E - what kind of firewall/router are you using?
  • I'm using a Linksys Wireless G with Speedboost....however I am plugged in, the wife/kids machine upstairs is wireless. I played all my required hands while 4-tabling on PokerRoom without a single disconnect using the download version of their software? I tried both Java and DL last night. I did not really suspect the router since the ring games were smooth with 4 windows open, while downloading torrents and having MSN on as well as Poker Stars and the wife surfing upstairs? I shut absolutely everything down last night except for PokerRoom and it was brutal....but who knows, one thing I did not try was to connect directly without the router....I certainly had the time in between disconnects? Did you find issues with certain router/FW settings?
  • The only thing I can think of is their servers for cash games and tournaments are run differently.

I know they say to forward different ports for ring games and tournaments. My ring games work fine. I forwarded the ports that they suggest for both and I still have the same problem.

I was just trying to look for a common link between our connections. I'm using the same router, sans speedboost. I'm on Rogers Extreme.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    I was just trying to look for a common link between our connections. I'm using the same router, sans speedboost.   I'm on Rogers Extreme. 

I'm on Rogers Extreme as well? Hmm, I did not forward any ports for Poker Room the ring games just worked fine...and while playing the tourney I did not take the time to search for similar issues other people were having....which I'm sure they will use against me saying there are far more things that can go wrong on the client side then the server side...which is all fine and good but who has time during to troubleshoot to that extent? Hopefully they still refund us for that session?
  • What site will you be moving to??