KPS II - Fri Feb 3rd - Waterloo

:s::h: Keatsway Poker Series II  :d::c:

Date: Friday, February 3rd, 2006
Time: 7:00pm, doors open at 6:30pm

Buy-in: $15.00 total for 2,500 chips and a $5 bounty chip
Rebuy: $15.00 total for 2,500 chips and a $5 bounty chip
- must be at 0 chips to rebuy
- max 1 rebuy for the first 4 rounds

The Keatsway Poker Series (KPS) is a series of 6 tournaments running Friday nights from January to April.  Each 32-player tourney is an opportunity to earn KPS Points (top 3 scores count towards your total).  KPS Points are earned in the following ways:
-Base points: 1 point for each position (32nd=1pt, 31st=2pts... 1st=32pts)
-Collapse points: 1 point for surviving the first table collapse
                      2 more points for surviving the second table collapse
                      3 more points for making the final table
-Money points: 1 point for each dollar of your payout divided by your buyin (incl. rebuy if applicable)
-Bounty points: 1 point for each bounty chip won

Bonus KPS Points can be earned in other Keatsway Poker Club (KPC) events, as well as donating to the Chips&Chairs fund.  Donating to the C&C fund will get you preference on the list of players, and possibly earn bonus KPS Points at the end of the series (5, 3, and 2 points to the top 3 donors).

In April, the top 15 KPS Points leaders will be offered entry into the KPS Championship.  The championship tournament will be identical to the KPS series events, except for:
- 16 of players instead of 32
- $30 buy-in/rebuy
- additional starting chips based on position on the leaderboard
- length of the blind levels will be doubled
A single table tournament consisting of the non-qualified points leaders and C&C leaders will fill the 16th seat in the KPS Championship.  *Plus Mario :D

Links to BLINDS, PAYOUTS, and POINTS

BYOB/Snacks.  All KPS tourneys are rake-free.  All disputes will be settled by Roberts Rules.

1. "g2" Greg                   
2. "stpboy" Shannon
3. "DrTyore" Mark
4. "King Mob" Dave
5. "Shtebs" Steve
6. "TNORTH" Tom
7. "morty" Sean
8. "eratik" Stefan

9. "Wolffhound" Dave       
10. "Flint Bones" Andrew
11. "beanie42" Trevor
12. "hughjazz6969" Dom
13. "Pinhead" Brad
14. "accobra_kid" Steve
15. "JohnnieH"
16. "800OVER" Nik M

17. "TwoThree" Braad     
18. "BlondeFish"
19. "Wine Man" Larry L
20. "Quimby" Duane
21. "E" Elliot
22. Ashley F
23. Keith C
24. "compuease" Jeff C

25. "ddmilcan" Dave D      
26. Bob S
27. "haddon" Josh
28. "E"+ Tim
29. "SirWatts" Mike
30. "2BULLETS" Jeremy
31. "PokerQueen" Mandy
32. "Lange" Brian L

33. "TwoThree"+ Muahaha
34. "qtjen" Jen
35. "rkbadley" Roger
36. "ItsaMe" Mario
37. "rkbadley"+ Emad S

Waiting List:

Please PM me an email address, directions will be sent out closer to the tourney date.

Cash games and/or SNGs will follow the tourney as tables break up.  Buy-in/format/limits TBD.  Players need not be registered for the tourney to play in the cash games.  Post or PM to be put on the list.  Cash games will run all night starting around 9:00pm if there are enough players!  :D

Seats will be available as soon as the results from KPS I (Fri Jan 20th) are released.  Until then the only way to reserve a seat is to be on the C&C list.

Seats are available NOW!

/g2

Comments

• Official KPS Points Leaderboard:

1. 56 pts - "g2" Greg
    2. 45 pts - "JohnnieH"
    2. 45 pts1 - "stpboy" Shannon
    4. 40 pts - "Flint Bones" Andrew
    5. 39 pts - "DrTyore" Mark B
    6. 36 pts - Steve A
    7. 33 pts - "Shtebs" Steve
    7. 33 pts - "Wine Man" Larry L
    9. 31 pts - Bob S (Milton)
    10. 27 pts - Aaron M

Full Leaderboard (.gif) (.xls)

1 Shannon earned 10 bonus KPS Points for winning this KPC tourney.

/g2
  • Seats are now available.

/g2
  • i'm in for the 3rd. Can you explain how you got 56 points? Or, if you'd prefer how I got my points. I just want to see how it works out for future tournaments. Thanks.

stp
  • Sign me up, please.
  • Buy-in: $15.00 for 2,500 chips + $5 bounty chip
    Rebuy: $15.00 for 2,500 chips + $5 bounty chip

Greg. Perhaps some clarification on this would be required. The impression I got (and others) was that the total for the tournament is $20. Since 15+5=20. But it is only $10 plus $5 for the bounty.

Andrew

P.S. To anyone thinking about coming. This is a great venue and it is well run by g2. He spends almost too much time running the tournament and ensuring it is running smooth.
  • Count me in.....thanks!!!!

Dave K
  • stpboy wrote:
    i'm in for the 3rd.  Can you explain how you got 56 points?  Or, if you'd prefer how I got my points.  I just want to see how it works out for future tournaments.  Thanks.

stp
    Check out the first sheet of the .xls Points file (linked to under the standings as well as in the OP).

Buy-in: $15.00 for 2,500 chips + $5 bounty chip
    Rebuy: $15.00 for 2,500 chips + $5 bounty chip

Greg. Perhaps some clarification on this would be required. The impression I got (and others) was that the total for the tournament is $20. Since 15+5=20. But it is only $10 plus $5 for the bounty.

Andrew
    I meant to do that... thanks for the reminder.

P.S. To anyone thinking about coming. This is a great venue and it is well run by g2. He spends almost too much time running the tournament and ensuring it is running smooth.
    Cheers Flint :)

/g2
  • Sign me up Greg
  • I enjoyed the tournament on Friday, Greg. Can you mark me down for the KPS II? Thanks!

--Steve
  • Please add me to the party!!

JohnnieH
  • Great job with the first one....please put me down for number 2. oh and i suggest that the host be required to mention when he has trips. Just a suggestion.
  • 800OVER wrote:
    Great job with the first one....please put me down for number 2.   oh and i suggest that the host be required to mention when he has trips.  Just a suggestion.
    Every hand baby... every hand!!!  :D

/g2
  • PUT ME IN PLEASE!
  • Thanks, g2 for another nice event. Please sign me up.

To all the lurkers wary of home games, I recommend this one. Unlike most other private tournaments, it is rake-free, fee-free, with low buy-ins and BYOB. Despite busting out to pocket aces in both the tournament and side game later, :'( I lost less money than the raked games I usually go to.

The main improvement that I can think of is to have more accurate starting times and break duration. If people are hurrying from out of town to make it to the 7 PM posted deadline, then the tournament should start soon after 7 PM or the posted time should be changed.

Our table had quads on the board on the first hand! :D Numerous pocket aces, kings and queens were to follow. In one hand, one player had A-K, another player re-raised all in with K-K, ony to be busted by a third player with A-A! Later, pocket kings got cracked twice.
  • BlondeFish wrote:
    Thanks, g2 for another nice event.
    Cheers :)

BlondeFish wrote:
    The main improvement that I can think of is to have more accurate starting times and break duration.  If people are hurrying from out of town to make it to the 7 PM posted deadline, then the tournament should start soon after 7 PM or the posted time should be changed.
    Those are the main things I will be looking to improve for KPS II.  Dealing with my last minute electrical failure really cut into my prep time for KPS I and I was disappointed with how the tournament got off to a slow start.  I could tell a few people were unimpressed (and anxious to play poker :D ).  I'm trying my hardest to meet the incredibly high standards set by Zithal and beanie42 with their multi-table home tournaments.

/g2
  • Great job so far!!!

Can't wait for the next one!
  • Hey Greg
    Count me in for Feb. 3rd.
    Good time friday nite. Your a super host, well run as usual. The caliber of play in these 32 person ' Home Games ' is excellent. Abdul, Damian, Stp, Mark, 2/3 from London, Greg, just to name a few. I learn everytime I sit in a game with these guys. Cards did'nt co-operate so making the final table short stacked ( $4300. ) was difficult. Knocked out 5 hands later. Met a few new faces. Cheers to Steve from out Vancouver way, hope you can join us again. See yah soon.
    The ' Wine Man ' Larry L.
  • I'm in!

Sean
  • Sign me up please.
  • put me on that list greg! thanks
  • Couple adjustments...

New BLINDS.  Old BLINDS.

I have played around with the blind schedule a little bit.  I have added a 40/80 level to the rebuy rounds to add a little bit more play before the first break.  I have also added a previously unheard of 1 125/250 level to the middle of the tourney.

I had a couple people questioning the points breakdown, and I now realize why.  One of the links was directed towards the wrong version of a file.  This has now been corrected (actually merged into one file), so the confusion should be avoided for the future.

1 Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never personally played in ANY poker tournament that had a 125/250 blind level.  Wait... maybe that's a bad sign.  Either way, we're gonna try it out on Feb 3rd!!!  :D

/g2
  • 8 more seats to fill  :bump:

/g2
  • Could you pls mark me down for 2 spots?
  • Preroller wrote:
    Could you pls mark me down for 2 spots?
    Done. Can you please PM an email address? Thanks

6 seats left!

/g2
  • Hey Greg, please add us 4 Milton Rocks... Jeff C, Dave D, Bob S & Larry L.. Thx.. Jeff..
  • I'm in if there is still room.

Josh
  • Directions have been sent to the new players on the list.

Right now there is only 1 seat left!  However, there are 3 pre-registered players (from the Chips&Chairs list) who have not yet confirmed.  If they have not confirmed by Tuesday evening, they will be removed from the list.

Another thing... I am considering the option of bumping the capacity to 40 seats if there is enough demand.  This also depends on whether or not I can get the lights fixed in that room.

/g2
  • Hey Greg

(i msged u too btw)