I'm at a final table now...

2»

Comments

• I'd like to add "monkeys" to that list....how bizarre is that? Lol.
  • I've only been here a couple months, but I'd have to say I've seen "man-flirt" on this forum more often than anything else.
  • You all forgot "so, let me understand this...if i only take a 30% rake, my game still legal, right?"

One serious question in case Aces looks back at this thread-
    Do the railbirds help/hurt? Annoy you? Or do they land in the "couldn't care less" pile?
    Is it best for them to say hey and then shut up?

I thought it was cool when you posted the Pocket 2's hand you had late on Sunday, while you were playing...as i was wondering during real time what you had pushed with etc...goes toward the learning part of it, just wondered whether that gets in the way of the concentration etc.
  • Devon pushed with pockets dueces? I find that odd considering recent events with that particular hand.....I'm such a jerk for bringing that up :D

stp
  • My thinking on this stuff is that I have to be in the right mindset to win at poker.

It's true and it's the nice thing about being an 'Amateur' card player.. When you don't feel like playing, you don't.

I know I've burned out of online poker for the time and the break is nice..
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    One serious question in case Aces looks back at this thread-
    Do the railbirds help/hurt? Annoy you?  Or do they land in the "couldn't care less" pile?
    Is it best for them to say hey and then shut up?

I thought it was cool when you posted the Pocket 2's hand you had late on Sunday, while you were playing...as i was wondering during real time what you had pushed with etc...goes toward the learning part of it, just wondered whether that gets in the way of the concentration etc.

Hey Wolf,

I don't mind it at all when people show up to wish me luck.  In fact, I like it... it makes me play better, I think.  When I got heads-up I wasn't really paying attention to the chatbox anymore because it was becoming overrun by morons.  But I like to keep busy while I'm playing... posting, chatting, surfing the net, etc.  I'm still not sure why that is, but I've gone ahead and filed it in the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' category.

I'm glad you were able to follow along with my posts here.  I was going to write that I was doing it in the chatbox, but I didn't think that would be such a great idea.

And STP, yes, I pushed all-in with deuces.  An EP player made a standard raise, and I moved all-in over the top with enough chips to get him to fold.  It was funny though... right after I moved in I thought to myself: not deuces!  For the love of God, what have I done here?!?  ;) 
  • Thanks Aces!