Big changes coming soon.

13»

Comments

• sloth wrote:
    Bottom right of the post...big button that says "quote"

Hmmm... I can do that.... but how do I break up a post into little itsy bitsy tiny quotes? Like, if I wanted to just quote the words : 'bottom right', and then respond to those words, and then I wanted to quote the words 'big button', and respond to those words...

Am I making sense? I'll drop this soon, it's obviously possible, I just gotta figure it out. If I press 'quote' it seems to quote the post as a whole....
  • well, when you hit "quote" it quotes the whole thing...then just highlight and delete the text you don't want quoted. I thought it was always that way...if there is/was a quicker way, I"m sure it can be enabled with this Vbulletin software.
  • sloth wrote:
    well, when you hit "quote" it quotes the whole thing...then just highlight and delete the text you don't want quoted. I thought it was always that way...if there is/was a quicker way, I"m sure it can be enabled with this Vbulletin software.

Well, with the old interface, you had the useful buttons up top when you were composing something... "quote", "url", "code", etc, etc. So you could highlight something and click that button that you wanted. Like, if you wanted to post a url, you could just type the address, highlight it, and click the "url" button, and it would insert the BBcode tags. Or if you wanted to take a chunk of text and make it a quote, you could highlight it and click the "quote" button. Now you have to type in the BBcode tags yourself.

Keith
  • MiamiKeith wrote:
    I gotta say, I was a fan of the old interface. Simple and quick.

It's all a matter of personal preference I guess... what do other people think?

I agree with this 100%.
  • Ok, there are 2 ways to reply to a post. At the bottom right of a post, there is a icon with a pen and paper..that means "quick reply" which quickly shoots you down to a text box...but in the upper left corner of the post, you should see "post reply" and does that not open the options you're talking about? There is an icon for "quote tags" and "insert image" etc.
  • I like vbulletin as I use it on another forum. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. lol
  • Hey Sloth,

No, "post reply" does not open any icons for "quote tags" or for "insert image", at least not on my computer. I looked everywhere, as I'm looking right now. That's what I was trying to say before... I know you can quote somebody's entire post, and I know you can delete part of it so you just quote part of it, but what if you want to quote the part you just deleted further down in your response. How do you do that? MiamiKeith suggested typing in some kind of code, but I can't see myself doing that... Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Okay, it's likely a matter of permissions or something....it'll be fixed...just need to do some poking around in the admin properties.

all_aces wrote:
    Hey Sloth,

No, "post reply" does not open any icons for "quote tags" or for "insert image", at least not on my computer. I looked everywhere, as I'm looking right now. That's what I was trying to say before... I know you can quote somebody's entire post, and I know you can delete part of it so you just quote part of it, but what if you want to quote the part you just deleted further down in your response. How do you do that? MiamiKeith suggested typing in some kind of code, but I can't see myself doing that... Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    Hey Sloth,

Regards,
    all_aces
    Go to User CP, and click Edit Options. Scroll right to the bottom and choose Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.

There should now be a little speech bubble button when you post so that you can
    quote stuff
    easily in the old style--- highlight it and hit the quote button.

ScottyZ
  • A monkey wrote:
    Go to User CP, and click Edit Options. Scroll right to the bottom and choose Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.
    Well this is quite the editor NOW!!

Anyone else having trouble with the smileys???:rolleyes: :confused:
  • yeah, smileys are fugged up. I'm going to download a ton of them for use though....should be up in the next few days.
  • The only ones to show are :confused: :rolleyes: , however there seems to be a nice list at the bottom of advance editor which don't seem to do anything
  • The smileys at the bottom show up to the right of the subject line... I think!!

Hey Sloth... Eveything looks great... Awesome job!!! was wondering... if I put something in the calendar... does everyone see it or just me... I put the July 6th tourney in and was just wonering!!
  • I see it too. Technically, it should only be myself or Scotty that add events to the calendar, but hey, it's there!
  • Go to User CP, and click Edit Options. Scroll right to the bottom and choose Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.
    I did that....
    There should now be a little speech bubble button when you post so that you can

Quote:
    quote stuff
    easily in the old style--- highlight it and hit the quote button.
    Cool... it worked! Thanks guys, looks like the site has some more toys to play around with. I'm looking forward to figuring out how everything works. So far, so good.

Regards,
    all_aces

ps: ConfusedOne should have a field day with all the new options....
  • Cool... Administrative POWERS... whaaahaaahaaaahaa... Ahhh, FEEL the POWER... I'm invinsible!!! ...what?? ... u raise??... uh, FOLD!!!
  • :D smilies are working :rolleyes:

I can't wait 'til you guys see the new homepage of pokerforum.ca ;)
  • all_aces wrote:

ps: ConfusedOne should have a field day with all the new options....

:heart: :spade: KEWL...still gettin' used to the board

it seems we cant post more than 3 smilies at 1 time

thx,
    CO :confused:
  • "it seems we cant post more than 3 smilies at 1 time"

Fixed that :)

:club: :heart: :spade: :canada: :banghead: :club: :spade: :diamond: :tongue: :eek:
  • I still have a small issue with threads being marked read and unread. The previous forum was very good at automatically detecting when I have read a post, and marking that thread as read. The new forum typically does not recognize when I read a post (even after refreshing the browser a couple of times, which should not be necessary for me anyway due to my browser settings).

It's pretty sporadic. The individual threads are sometimes correctly marked as being read, and sometimes not. Sometimes a forum is displayed as un-read even when all of the individual threads in that forum are (correctly) marked read. The latter seems to be the moer common problem, but the first one also happens regularly enough to be noticable.

Also, I have found threads and/or forums changing from being marked read to un-read for no reason (i.e. there are no new posts).

Oh yeah, one last quirk was that if I make a post myself, the forum often shows the thread as being un-read. I have read my own post, thank you very much! ;)

ScottyZ