2»

Comments

• Hats off to the Host, Was a ton of fun :D
  • cole woods wrote:
    count hollywood cole in

One question...

"Why"

Mark
  • Just want to say thanks to beanie42 and family for hosting. I had a lot of fun.  Had to say I was pretty upset after going all in with Jacks only to be called by someone with Q 9 off suit and to have 2 9's on the flop and turn, oh well, playing euchre with Cory, Tyson and Cam and then playing pineapple,  what a blast.

Also want to wish my baby brother Cameron, aka, Blazin72 Happy 33rd birthday.

Prophet 22
  • Beanie...

Great time, thanks for hosting...  btw, I left a little "egg" with two of my "incredibles" card holders, any chance you can snag it for me and bring it to the next bristol?

Mark
  • Thanks to Trevor(and Jen!!!)(the the kids!!) for hosting a very well run tournament. Great job for your first ournament!! It was a blast.
    Personally, I finished in 10th, but Wraychel came in 5th!!! Wooho, free pizza!!! (Peppi's...mmmm so good....)

JohnnieH

PS Happy B-Day Cam!!
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Beanie...

Great time, thanks for hosting...  btw, I left a little "egg" with two of my "incredibles" card holders, any chance you can snag it for me and bring it to the next bristol?

Mark

beanies got 5 kids Mark...this morning was like Christmas for them when they found your toys!!!! Kiss Jack Jack goodbye!

Thanks for hosting Trevor.

After all the discussion about playing J's, I butchered mine all in trying to just pick up the healthy blinds, only to get 3 callers...one with QQ and one with KK...and it was good night as the K's held up.

Good job Trevor.
  • After all the discussion about playing J's, I butchered mine all in trying to just pick up the healthy blinds, only to get 3 callers...one with QQ and one with KK...and it was good night as the K's held up.

That burger you ate for dinner didn't hold up very well, eh? What did the other players have for supper, Rack of Lamb or something? lol
  • Trevor,

Thanks to you and Jenn for hosting, amazing job and great fun. I think you have a little tournament director in the making with you son, any chance you will contract him out for other venues?

Ofcourse The Prophet, Blazin, Folded and I ended up way over staying our welcome. Kinda hard to leave that Crazy Pineapple and Euchre at $500 a point, fun fun fun.

Happy Birthday Blazin... Hope you get some new stickers for the helmut.

Redington
  • I am really sorry I missed this tournament. I wish I could have made it. Unfortunately the "plans" I had were to watch my kids while my wife went out for the night. Of course the explanation was "you can always play poker online". Oh well.
  • We had 34 players come out, and there were 14 rebuys, for a total prize pool of $480. The final results were:

1. Janet S. ($169)
    2. "ItsaMe" Mario ($97)
    3. "Trapdoor" Jamie ($72)
    4. Bob S. ($57)
    5. Wrayhcel ($43)
    6. Donny ($28)
    7. "Moose" Rob ($14)

"Bubble boy" was Cam who received a really nice chip set courtesy of Brad ("TwoThree"). Big thanks to Brad for donating them, and making it so entertaining watching the short stacks at the final table try to bust out to avoid the money! :) The last player eliminated to form the final table was Vince D., who had a good night and nothing to show for it :(

I apologize for not having a full list of results, but that I'll discuss that a bit below ...

Thanks to everyone for coming out. It was a lot of fun meeting everyone and having you all over.
  • As everyone here knows, last night was my first time hosting.  It was an amazing experience, and I think I learned quite a bit for the next one.  A number of people were asking if we would be doing this again.  We may hold some smaller games ($5-10 buyin, 1-2 tables) on a sporadic basis.  For big events (3-5 tables) like this, Jenn and I are planning on holding these approximately every 6 weeks, depending on scheduling.  We are tentatively looking at September 16 (Friday) for the next one.

I think the biggest problem I had last night was with managing players, both for rebuys and moving players.  Part of it was not knowing everyone, so I had a bit of trouble knowing who was who, but part of it was my system of managing things. Luckily we got through it OK, but I have some ideas I'm going to try next time to make things a little smoother for everyone.

There were also some issues with heat that surprised me a bit more than they probably should have.  My A/C couldn't keep up with 40 people in a room, but once the windows were opened, it helped a bit.  Next time I'll start with windows open and have some fans going, since the A/C simply doesn't help.

There were some surprised guests when they came in and didn't see any tables, until they realized everything was in the family room.  There were a number of comments on how much people liked having everyone together.  We could move a few tables upstairs to "split the heat" and space things out a bit, but the general feedback was that the warmer and more crowded room was actually preferred.  I like that atmosphere too, so I think we'll stay with the 1-room format for the next few games, and see how it goes.

There was also quite a reaction to my 9 year-old son, Jason, who was my "mini assistant TD".  I have a lot of faith in the abilities of my little guy, and I think he lived up to my expectations last night.  A number of people were shocked/scared that he was handling chips/money, but he did an amazing job.  I think Mark's ("DrTyore") comment sums it up best: "When I saw him carrying around chips and getting money, I thought this could get really ugly.  But he did a great job!"  Obviously I'm a proud papa speaking, but a big thank-you to him, and he'll definitely be helping at the next one.  I just hope he doesn't go after my job! :)

Once again, thank you to everyone who came, and I look forward to the next one.
  • Also want to wish my baby brother Cameron, aka, Blazin72 Happy 33rd birthday.
    Happy Birthday Cam!
    DrTyore wrote:
    I left a little "egg" with two of my "incredibles" card holders, any chance you can snag it for me and bring it to the next bristol?
    It's here - I found it before the kids. I'll bring it to the next Bristol (or other event I'll see you at).
    Redington wrote:
    I think you have a little tournament director in the making with you son, any chance you will contract him out for other venues?
    He'd love it, I'm sure. But as a businessman, you don't give away your edge! :)
    Redington wrote:
    Of course The Prophet, Blazin, Folded and I ended up way over staying our welcome.
    Actually, that was no problem. Even though it was 1:30, Jenn really wanted to play again (and would have, if you stayed). She kept being 9th person for the 8-player tourneys, so didn't play as much as she wanted. :'(
  • Hi all!
    I just wanted to say that I had a blast last night even though Mario busted me out yet again. (Mario best part of the night was to see those pocket kings at the end lol)

Thanks for coming!!

It was fun putting everything together! Trev and I made a great team- he did all the hard work and i got to go shopping~ gotta love the shopping. The kids thought it was great helping daddy set the tables up, counting chips and moving stuff. Jason just loves to help he was very happy last night (and crabby this morning), but hey he had a great time!

Thanks again

~Jenn~
  • KangaX5 wrote:
    Hi all!
    I just wanted to say that I had a blast last night even though Mario busted me out yet again. (Mario best part of the night was to see those pocket kings at the end lol)

Thanks for coming!!

It was fun putting everything together! Trev and I made a great team- he did all the hard work and i got to go shopping~ gotta love the shopping. The kids thought it was great helping daddy set the tables up, counting chips and moving stuff. Jason just loves to help he was very happy last night (and crabby this morning), but hey he had a great time!

Thanks again

~Jenn~

Thanks for handing the final table while Trevor played a side game! You both did make a great team, and ran a great tournament.
    Johnnie and I look foward to the next one!!
    Wraychel
  • Just like to say we (James--trapdoor and the few others ) had a blast wish the buy in was abit more but i do understand we are all testing waters---Thanx to both the hosts hope to see a posting soon!! :c:
  • :DHello to all,

I was one of the friends of Trapdoor (he placed 3rd), Jamie is his name (my brother). This is my second post, and I wanted to congradulate the winner, whomever that was! Thanks for the great tourney, I hope you do it again. Anyways, nice to meet some new people, and continue to learn and have fun!!!!!

2BULLETS
    Jeremy
  • Just like to say we (James--trapdoor and the few others ) had a blast wish the buy in was abit more
    Unfortunately, I don't think that will change much. For myself, and a number of the players that were here last night, we are at around a $30 "price-point", so generally speaking, it us very unlikely that the buyin (including rebuys) will exceed $30.

I would classify last night as a $20 game ($10 + $10 rebuy), and I could see hosting $15 w/1 rebuy, $10 w/2 rebuys, or a $30 freeze-out, but not much higher than that. This is partly due to my personal budget and limits, as well as conversations with a number of players. I'm hoping that the fact that we can host more people than a number of the local home games will increase the prize pool enough to offset the lower buy-in. Also, some of the side games proved a lot more profitable than the main tournament for some players (but $500 Euchre? - lol).

I do hope to see you back, as we enjoyed having you, but we'll be sticking around the lower end of the local scene.
    Thanx to both the hosts hope to see a posting soon!!
    We're planning on September 16, but not yet committed to that day. We will know the next date by the Labour Day weekend, and will announce it a few days after the long weekend.
  • Hey Trevor,
    Just a suggestion. Host a low-limit buy-in tournament with extremely low UNLIMITED rebuys. Say $5 BI and $2 RB.
    With even 24 players, the pot will grow like crazy. I've seen it happen before!! :D:D

JohnnieH
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Thanks for handing the final table while Trevor played a side game!
    I actually realized at one point that I was ignoring my duties as host for the final table.  However, since Jenn is such a smart, capable, competent, and knowledgable host, I thought it would be a disservice to her skills if I got involved.  :D
    JohnnieH wrote:
    Just a suggestion. Host a low-limit buy-in tournament with extremely low UNLIMITED rebuys. Say $5 BI and $2 RB.
    With even 24 players, the pot will grow like crazy. I've seen it happen before!! :D:D
    That's something I have been considering, since the lower-limit players can simply stop rebuying.  That said, I'm assuming you mean unlimited rebuys within a certain period (# of levels), rather than for the whole tourney.  Otherwise, how do you actually end things?  This is a real question, not a "shot" - I'd be interested in hearing ideas/details on how to run an unlimited rebuy tourney. Also, what sort of chips are involved, since I'm assuming there are less rebuy chips (considering the $5/2 amounts)?
  • WHERE IS MY HELMET GUYS?  TYSON I NEED IT BACK FOR TODAY.

:rage::rage::rage::rage:
    CAMERON
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Hey Trevor,
    Just a suggestion.  Host a low-limit buy-in tournament with  extremely low UNLIMITED rebuys.  Say $5 BI and $2 RB. 
    With even 24 players, the pot will grow like crazy.  I've seen it happen before!! :D:D

JohnnieH

Yeah, Trevor, talk to Wolffhound.....he has the perfect format for a fun cheap night (and I mean CARDS!!!!)...and as long as Mario and DrTyore are there the rebuy pot will be huge hehe!!!

I also wanted to extend thanks to Trevor and Jenn for hosting a great tourney...aside from the cards not going my way during, I certainly had a blast...and still managed to pocket a few bucks in side games afterwards!

$500 a point euchre...my god!!!!!!!! how much money changed hands???????

I'll play anyone heads up euchre for $1,000,000.00 but you have to....................