Ladies and Gentlemen, Bolton Poker has officially re-opened their doors.

Do you really love Poker? Do you watch movies like Maverick and think to yourself…. “Man, I would love to play Poker in that kind of atmosphere!”

Well here is your chance…….Bolton Poker Presents our most exciting Tournament yet…….

On August 6th, we are going to send a minimum of 5 players to Westside’s inaugural poker cruise aboard “The River Gambler”.  On August 28th, 2005 at 11:30 am you will board “The River Gambler”, an authentic Mississippi River boat, for an afternoon of poker, dinner, and entertainment including a DJ and the musical group called the LATE SHOW. Go here for more info: http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=4050.15

And here’s how…..

47 players minimum, $120 buy-in, with two $50 rebuy’s (within first 4 rounds, must have less than $501 in chips).

Each player will start with $3000 in chips and rebuy’s will receive $1500.

Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. Dealing will start at 7:00 p.m.

The blinds structure is as follows
(it is designed so that we are not playing until 2 a.m.):

25 min. blinds:
25/50, 50/100, 75/150, 100/200, 10 min. break (rebuy’s end), 150/300, 250/500, 500/1000, 1500/3000, 10 min. break, 2500/5000, 5000/10000, 15000/30000**.

**At this point it has been over 4 hours, so to speed it up the blinds will increase every time a player is eliminated.

There is nothing more than I would love than to play poker for 16 hours straight, but we can’t, it may seem aggressive, but I think that it is calm enough to enjoy.

Pay-out structure:

Min. 5 players on the boat cruise, as usual top 10% pay’s what is left in the prize pool.

1st place: Cruise seat + seat at next Bolton tournament + 35% (plus a Trophy and a Ring....possible)
2nd place: Cruise seat + 25%
3rd place: Cruise seat + 17%
4th place: Cruise seat + 13%
5th place: Cruise seat + 10%

Please email me at [email]info@boltonpoker.com [/email] to reserve a seat and get directions. We will have the Witch DR. in the house along with Josh and his crew and newyorkpoker.com

If you have any questions, idea's or concerns, please voice them here on the forum.

Comments

• Just bumbing the thread to keep everyone's interest ;)
  • just another bump as we only have 10 registered so far(not including the 5 free seats).
  • Just wanted you guy's to see this, this is a comment from a member on another forum and my reply. If you have comments, please let me know.

Rob
    Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmm   

With all due respect, your blind structure is insane.

I realize that you don't want to play all night, but their will be absolutely no point in anyone even attempting to defend a short stack. All kinds of crazy shit will go on.

2500/5000 to 5000/10000, way too much. If you don't think there will be alot of pressure on players at 2500 5000 you'r wrong.

Assuming you got 47 players exactly, and each player rebought once, that would put 211 500 in chips in play.

That means all the chips in play would constitute seven big blinds at the four hour point in your tourney.

You only allow for two rebuys per player(which I like) but that means that at most there will only be 282000 in chips in play, which constitutes 9.4 big blinds at the four hour mark.

Like I said, Insane.

rgspence

The last bit of the blind structure is insane. But this is not the WSOP were we have the luxury of having a venue for 3 days. The players complain about playing for hours and that their backs hurt from sitting for so long.

So, you can't please everyone all the time, so the game will start at a nice pace and then get crazy.

I guess you'd have to make sure that after 4 hours your not the short stack. 

But I do understand your concern, and I do agree with you. But you have to realize that the game starts at 7:00 pm. min 4 hours puts you at 11:00pm. Some of the guy's that bust out late will want to play side games, but not if they start at 1:00.

I have tried to accomidate everyone, including the venue.

Our games are usualy at 2:00 in the afternoon, so our blind structure is a little different and more relaxed, but this is a late game that everyone including the players want to have over at somewhat of a descent hour.

But I am glad that you brought it up, so that everyone can hear both sides, like I said our tourny's are not usualy so "insane".
  • I more than understand your reluctance to play all night. Given I made the final table at your last tourney it was more than long enough. And I was the short stack through all of the final 10. Trouble is that it becomes difficult to accomodate everyone and keep the tourney within any time frame. Hell I'll play for 3 days, I've been known to play for 18 hours straight at rama, but that's just me.
  • count me in Rob.. i'll send you an e-mail shortly.

Ryan
  • Good to see you aboard Ryan

and I have the chips you requested.......they real clay and as we discussed 160 for 500

let me know if you want to go see them at the showroom.

josh
  • Hey Ryan,

Please do email me to comfirm your email address. You have 2 seats for this tourney (as we didn't run the WSOP sat.) and your win was worth $250.

Rob.
  • just a bump :D
  • bump....
  • Rob,

Just to let you know, either Cam or myself will be coming but not both. Look forward to seeing you again.

Brent
  • Excellent, look forward to seeing you guy's again. I'm p*ss*d that I am fishing the weekend of the heads-ups :'(
  • Just wanted to bump this thread again.....we are at 21 :'( registered and 8 are free seats that had been given away.

I have been asked several times to change the last few rounds of the blind structure as they are pretty harsh, but I don't want to drag this tourney on all night... any idea's on how to change the structure, keep the speed but not have it so harsh and a little more inviting?
  • I'm in Rob...so put me down. For all of those that haven't played in one of rob's events, let me tell you up front and honestly, they are the best run games around and you won't deal with nicer guys then Rob and Terry. Support there event at this gorgeous new spot near the airport. It is a great place for an event to be held!!!
  • Sweet, GL.

Hey Josh, I have been trying to get a hold of Joel (to no avail). Who do I talk to about newyorkpoker prizes and our tourney? Should it be you?

Rob
  • if its 125 to eneter plus 50 buck add on or rebuy u could jus t buy into the river gambler anyways couldent you for thje same price almost or will u win cash at this also plus the seat
  • It is the cash too...if you see the first post winner would take home 35% of the prize pool plus the buy-in on the boat....
  • cole woods wrote:
    if its 125  to eneter plus 50 buck add on or rebuy u could jus t buy into the river gambler anyways couldent you for thje same price almost or will u win cash at this also plus the seat

Thanks Dave, and yes for $250 you can buyin for the cruise. But 40 people pay a min of $120 that is $4800.

5 people get a seat ($1250) which leaves $3550 in the prize pool. Top 10% get paid.

So 1st place gets seat ($250) plus 35% of prize pool which = $1242.50 which makes a total of $1492.50

All the money is going into the prize pool. So the winners will get a seat in the cruise and spending cash.

The Idea for you as a player is to play well enough not to rebuy, but if you do, spending $200-$250 to win last place money finish of $250 plus 10% ($355) isn't the greatest, but it's not bad for an evening of entertainment.

Don't forget if the attendance is greater so is the prize pool and amount of people payed.
  • And there isn't an add on, just 2 rebuy's. This way it is easier for everyone attending to keep track of the money that is pooled.
  • just a bump....
  • Just bumbing this thread as I am leaving for Quebec in 15 hours. We have a player coming from Montreal that wants to play in the event and if he doesn't win is staying to enter the cruise anyways. Sweet. I hope that the trip for him is profitable.

Josh if you are back can you get hold of Terry to talk to him about newyorkpoker at the event, I won't be back until Wed. next week.

Rob
  • It is now 3:16 am, I am on my way out the door. If you haven't registered for the tourney yet, email me at info@boltonpoker.com Allison or Terry will reserve your seat and send you a confirmation email.

And good luck to everyone in the WestSide Heads Up match this weekend, wish I was there.
  • just a bump as I have returned from my excursion, which by the way was a well needed blast.
  • just had 2 more reserves for the tourney, but we are still short about 15 people to pull off 5 winners for the cruise. Come on boys and gals.
  • Rob,

How many people are signed up? It looks like both Cam and I will be there.

Prophet 22
  • I have a few friends intrested but need to know where it is ---common sence is saying Bolton but not sure where that is from here-- :s:
  • I have a few friends intrested but need to know where it is ---common sence is saying Bolton but not sure where that is from here-- :s:

Econolodge Hotel
    6355 Airport Rd
    Mississauga, ON

it's right off the 409.

I was just down there this past Tuesday. Checked out the venue where we are going to be playing at and let me tell you, it's HUGE! The bar is just stunning. You can easily run a 10-15 tables tourney there.
  • Thanks Tofuism.

It is at the Pearson Pub's private bar. We are still called Bolton Poker, but refuse to do business in Bolton for Tournaments because everyone wants between $700 - $1000 for the night. So we have moved to the airport.

Brent, I had a few back out lastnight and today we are at 25 :'( We need 41 to pay the Top 5, We will make this work.

Rob
  • Rob,

No problem, as you can see alot has happened since your fishing trip. Will be in contact with you about some of the developments.

Brent
  • Bump, 1 week left, we still need to fill some seats. :D
  • Rob,

To to I guy today said he was going to be there, hopes he emails ypu.

Prophet 22