PokerForum.ca III - NL Hold'em ($11) - June 1st @ PokerStars

Comments

• Just wanted to say hello to everyone in the forum. I've been on PS.com for a while now playing in their freeroll tourneys. I'll be venturing into the real money tourneys and hope to catch the one on the 15th if work will allow me to do so.

Same nick as on PokerStars.

Cheers,
    R3d.
  • Those freebies are how I got started too. Welcome to the site. Lots of good info on here to learn from.

PS, I won't enter the tourney until that evening. Work may interfere. Long shot, but I'd hate to pay, and then not make it home in time. lol I'm about 96% certain I'll be there though.

PPPPS,

Coming in to the forum tourney this week (June 2) I'll feel better after my recent success. Last 4 sit and go's were in the money. A 1st, a 2nd, and 2 3rd's. Made back half of what I had before. Puts me back up to about 160% of starting roll. I think I'll take Monday off, so I'm fresh again on Tuesday for the forum tourney. I have a feeling it will be quite an experience. Tough competition that is. Looking forward to it.
  • I plan to play in the tourney but don't have a PS account yet so does anybody have a deposit bonus or referral bonus I could use? Thanks.
  • vinsanity wrote:
    I plan to play in the tourney but don't have a PS account yet so does anybody have a deposit bonus or referral bonus I could use? Thanks.

PokerStars deposit bonus promos are exceptionally rare actually, and there is no current promotion. My guess is they'll have either a Memeorial Day or WCOOP (or both) deposit bonus soon.

AFAIK, PokerStars doesn't have any kind of referral program either.

ScottyZ
  • I look forward to playing with all the great personalities on this forum: sloth, scotty, all_aces, and everyone else! My PS name is gordan_gecco...surprise surprise!

I mostly play $5 SNGs and $0.50/$1.00 limit tables, so it'll be fun to hobnob with you seasoned higher-limit and tournament and veterans! Maybe I can even take a few pots off of some of you :)

See you all tomorrow,

GG
  • Unfortunately for me (in terms of the tournaments that is), it turns out I'm playing soccer on Tuesday evenings this summer. So, I'm not really sure how many of the poker tournaments I'll be able to make it to.

On the plus side, the majority of my games (including this week) on the poker nights begin at 6:30, so it's at least *possible* that I'll be able to make it home on time to play. It's really going to depend a *lot* on how rigorous they are at starting the soccer games on time. We've only had one game so far, and it started very late, so I don't have much confidence registering for the tournament with the plan of arriving late at my seat.

ScottyZ (aka ScottyZ on PokerStars)
  • I can't find this tourny for June 1st on stars...anyone point me in the right direction? :(
  • I can't find this tourny for June 1st on stars...anyone point me in the right direction?

Click the private tab in the tournament section, and you should see it there.

Cheers.
  • Sloth, Tourney Tab > Private > JUNE 1st ...not May 1st...I haven't set them up ~that~ far ahead yet ;)
  • sloth wrote:
    I can't find this tourny for May 1st on stars...anyone point me in the right direction? :(

First, allow me to point you towards *June* 1st. ;)

Look under Tourneys -> Private

ScottyZ
  • wow. Only 3 people answered my question within 4 minutes. You guys are SLOW. :)

found it. Only 6 registered? :(

"Kanadian" will be there :)
  • I'll be there. 99% lol Didn't take my night off after all. Felt good, so I entered another $5 sit and go earlier and added another win to the column. lol I'm 5 for 5 in the money in the last 3 days. Great way to head into tomorrow's tourney. 8)
  • Just signed up at Stars as Hoopdreams. Looking forward to it.
  • Good luck to everyone in tonights tournaments...wish I was playing.
  • Good luck to everyone in tonights tournaments...wish I was playing.

so why arent ya playing? :(
  • Honestly, I'm writing an I.Q. test tonight :lol:

OIC 8)

Be sure to write:

"I R Smart and talk good" somewhere on your test.
  • sloth wrote:
    Honestly, I'm writing an I.Q. test tonight :lol:

Be sure to write:

"I R Smart and talk good" somewhere on your test.

wrong :o

it's " I'AM SMRT and talk goot " :mrgreen:
  • Soccer was cancelled, and I already know what my IQ is (38.1), so it looks like I'll be "sitting the apple" tonight. 8)

Good luck all.

ScottyZ
  • looks like I'll be "sitting the apple" tonight.

just make sure to wipe when you're done.

....What does that mean!?!?!?

ahem.

Oh, I will be there. And I will be Plaxus.

Good luck to me!

hork.
  • "Sitting the apple" is a Rounders quote. I understand that it refers to sitting in the "big" game. (In the case of KGB's, the big NL cash game.)

ScottyZ
  • Hello all,

I hope you don't mind a new forum member joining the tourney. I am Canadian so no worries there. I just happened to stumble across your tourney at Pokerstars and saw the website so I decided to take a look around here.

I'm actually waiting to play in another private tourney at 8pmEST. This thread seems to claim that most of you are pretty good so hopefully it will be a good warmup for my next tourney.

If anyone has any suggestions on the best aspects of this website please fill me in. I'm already planning on dropping hints to my wife about 'pokersupplies.com' so maybe I'll get a sweet set of ships for Christmas. :)
  • Crap. Wasn't focused at all. Knocked out 17th. Got home late. Rush rush rush. Next time I take the day off. lol
  • Shit! I just realized I missed this tourney. :evil: Oh well, I have been playing crap lately anyway..
  • Who won?
  • ComaU wrote:
    Who won?

vinsanity won if I'm not mistaken...
  • Yes, the Man, the Legend, "Vinsanity" was the victor.

see: http://pokerforum.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=725

BTW, I'm working on a point system to award to players of our forum tourneys for fun....look for it this weekend.

Everyone who shows up, gets points.

PS: No points for I.Q. tests or railbirds ;)
  • SirBry wrote:
    Yes, the Man, the Legend, "Vinsanity" was the victor.

see: http://pokerforum.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=725

BTW, I'm working on a point system to award to players of our forum tourneys for fun....look for it this weekend.

Everyone who shows up, gets points.

PS: No points for I.Q. tests or railbirds ;)

That is a great idea SirBry, the points system will be interesting to watch. D'oh, I could have really used those IQ points :wink:
  • Yes indeed, I am a legend. I think Sloth should set up a "Ask Vinsanity" section for me to impart some of my knowledge. And my book comes out next week, look for it. "How to become a Poker Legend by catching 2 outers on the river, by Vinsanity"