PokerForum.ca III - NL Hold'em ($11) - June 1st @ PokerStars

Our Tuesday, June 1st @ 8:30pm EST tourney has now been set up at PokerStars.

It can be found under the 'Tourney' > 'Private' tab as:
Canadian PokerForum.ca III NL Hold'em ($11)

pass is: canuckpoker

Good Luck Players; I hope to see you there!

BTW, I had to start at 'III' due to our (by then) 2 prior tourneys at ipoker.net...but oh well ;)

Comments

• Nice, I prefer playing poker at a more well known site like PS.

Hopefully I can make enough money to venture into playing there.
  • just wondering what the password is.. pokercanuck or canuckpoker.. is it possible to change the 15th into canuckpoker or visa versa.. so that it is easier to remember
  • just wondering what the password is.. pokercanuck or canuckpoker.. is it possible to change the 15th into canuckpoker or visa versa.. so that it is easier to remember

The password is what it says it is above.

I'd suggest simply looking here again a few minutes before the tournament starts if you forget the password.

ScottyZ
  • just wondering what the password is.. pokercanuck or canuckpoker.. is it possible to change the 15th into canuckpoke or visa versa.. so that it is easier to remember

Um, no.

Once I create the tourney, I have to actually delete it to change any of the settings. I mixed around the password, and will continue to do so, just on the off chance, we need to more strictly controll entrance to our tourneys.
  • Looking forward to it.

See you at the tables!!
  • Looking forward to it.

See you at the tables!!
  • Hi, it's my first post here !
    SirBry wrote:
    Once I create the tourney, I have to actually delete it to change any of the settings. I mixed around the password, and will continue to do so, just on the off chance, we need to more strictly controll entrance to our tourneys.

Just a suggestion. If you want to controll entrance, maybe you should not write "PokerForum.ca" in your tourney title and write the password here, because it's easy to come here and find the password... That's what I did ! ;) I live in Canada but anybody could do that.
  • Here we go. Pokerstars will get some players into this event, look forward to it, you guys better start practicing.
  • Just a suggestion. If you want to controll entrance, maybe you should not write "PokerForum.ca" in your tourney title and write the password here, because it's easy to come here and find the password... That's what I did ! I live in Canada but anybody could do that.

Thanks for the suggestion. For now, these are simply standard $10+$1 tournaments so we see no real benefits or drawbacks if "random" people play in this tournament. If we ever feel the need to restrict entry into a particular tournament to legitimate forum members (whatever that means), we will not post the password in public.

Another benefit (which you've nicely demonstrated I might add) of calling the tournaments Pokerforum.ca is that it's nice way to advertize the forum without spamming.

Also, we figure "outsiders" will eventually get tired of Dave Scharf and me taking all their money anyway. :)

ScottyZ
  • looking forward to it :) count me in
  • I was the very first person to sign up. Why I'm in such a rush to play against a field that will be significantly tougher than most is beyond me.

Oh well--I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. :D

Regards,
    all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    I was the very first person to sign up. Why I'm in such a rush to play against a field that will be significantly tougher than most is beyond me.

...your first bluff all_aces? ;)
  • I'll be there. But it would be nice to know who's who before we start playing. At least as far as the members here are concerned.

On pokerstars I'm DJEP

Call out your names people. lol
  • my name is The_Gamblar on star
  • ...your first bluff all_aces?

The first of many, but certainly the most important one. :wink:

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Ok I'm in too, Put en in the cyberair. I'm Adam88 there.
  • Good luck, all. I would love to make it, but Tuesday nights are just really bad for me :(

Oh well, maybe I'll be able to catch y'all on the next one.
  • I the spirit of fun, and to celebrate Dave Scharf's amazing run at the WSOP main event. I have an extra copy of his book. I will send it to whomever finishes on the bubble in this tournament. Sort of a consulation prize. Just send me an email with the address.

Sounds good??
  • Adam** wrote:
    I the spirit of fun, and to celebrate Dave Scharf's amazing run at the WSOP main event. I have an extra copy of his book. I will send it to whomever finishes on the bubble in this tournament. Sort of a consulation prize. Just send me an email with the address.

Sounds good??

What a great offer! Thanks for supporting our tourney Adam!
  • Thanks adam, that rocks!
  • How about if...

Whoever is on the bubble, wins the book, unless they have one already.
    If so, it could then be held until the next tourney(s) until it finds someone
    who doesn't already have it.

Just a thought.
  • DJP wrote:
    How about if...

Whoever is on the bubble, wins the book, unless they have one already.
    If so, it could then be held until the next tourney(s) until it finds someone
    who doesn't already have it.

Just a thought.

Nice idea, and if I may propose a slight amendment:

"Whoever is on the bubble, wins the book, unless they have one already, or wants the book for some other legitimate reason."

E.g. I have a copy already, but I know someone who doesn't have it whom I could give it to as a gift.

Also, if the bubble player doesn't want it, wouldn't it be easier to just pass it on to the "2nd place bubble" (and so forth)?

ScottyZ
  • "Whoever is on the bubble, wins the book, unless they have one already, or wants the book for some other legitimate reason."

Or how about "Whoever is on the bubble, wins the book, unless they have one already, or wants the book for some other legitimate reason, if it's an odd-numbered day, and they are on a train going 80 kilometers/hr, headed East, in March." "(After 10:00 pm)."

:wink:
  • all_aces wrote:
    "Whoever is on the bubble, wins the book, unless they have one already, or wants the book for some other legitimate reason."

Or how about "Whoever is on the bubble, wins the book, unless they have one already, or wants the book for some other legitimate reason, if it's an odd-numbered day, and they are on a train going 80 kilometers/hr, headed East, in March." "(After 10:00 pm)."

*And* if ImClone stock drops below $60.

ScottyZ
  • *And* if ImClone stock drops below $60.

But of course! I thought that was assumed....
  • I like those,,go on a train...roflmao.....(snort,sniff)..

Ok. For anyone that has the book, it goes down next inline. But as you may very well know. I will have no idea if you are lying to me or not. I hope as poker players you would not lie(bluff) at me........................

So it still goes to the bubble guy. Unless he fess's up that he does not require it. Then it goes next inline down from bubble to 2nd bubble.

(wipes tear from eye)...train going east....

So anyone out there be a big guy/gal and tell me if you need reeally want or need the book as the prize(manly punch to shoulder).

Later.
  • like those,,go on a train...roflmao.....(snort,sniff)..
    (wipes tear from eye)...train going east....

Lol, my attempts at humour generally have this sort of effect on people...

Regards,
    all_aces
  • LoL !!
    If I win The book I will send it to Annie Duke on behalf of everyone at Poker Forum. ca
  • Mark wrote:
    LoL !!
    If I win The book I will send it to Annie Duke on behalf of everyone at Poker Forum. ca

LOL!!!! That would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially since she isn't listing in the Poker Personalities chapter! Plus highlight the last sentence of the first paragraph in that chapter for her.
  • Mark wrote:
    LoL !!

also write: " Show this to Gus too! " :mrgreen: