Another Poker event by RiverRatJosh in Aurora this saturday (27th)

My company Holdem for Hire is hosting another poker tourney This Saturday June 4th at "Charlie FitzWhiskies"

Charlie's is located at the South-East corner of Yonge street and Edward street in the heart of Aurora. It is situated in a strip plaza that has a "Dairy Queen".  We get under way at 8:30pm or so, and have 3 lively tables going untill close to midnight.

A new exciting sponsor is on the way!!

The only way to get in on that action is to come out and play for free and win the darn thing. There is no Gambling whatsoever on the premisis. This is simply a fun poker  Tourney where good time people can come out and have a good time, and enjoy our fabulous location "Charlie Fitzwhiskies" and what they have to offer. EMail me for details on the true structure of consolation tables once players are eliminated........wink wink!!

POKER GLORY AWAITS YOU

any questions can be handled here on this thread, or forward emails to JoshL@telus.blackberry.net

RiverRatJosh

Comments

• tofuism wrote:
    I was at the game on Tuesday with my buddy.  I must say that I learned a lot that day.  I was heads up with Josh for the big prize (Bolton WSOP Seat).  To be honest, I think Josh outplayed me.  As I told him after the game, I think he read me pretty well (say 60-75% of the time).  I just got lucky on my final hand with my trip 4s.  Anyhow, my buddy and I are going to head up to Aurora for another event  Josh runs.  Definetely a recommended event to go to for new players and pros.

HE is speaking of our event advertised here At Charlie Fitzwhiskies.......

See you there Tofuism!!!
  • Josh throws the best game in town....be sure to support him!!!!! Can't beat free Poker
  • Just to let everyone know.. I think the address of Charles is at:

265 Edward St
    Aurora, ON

i'll cya guys there on Saturday!

Ryan
  • OK Josh, I can probably make this one, My tourney should be done around 7:30 or so and Aurora is only 20 minutes south of me. After all who can beat free poker after probably going out early in his own game LOL.
  • KRT wrote:
    :s: :d: :c: :h:

Great night of poker.
    Enjoyed myself, met some new people, learned a few things, and finally won the last game of the evening.
    Anyone looking for an enjoyable and educational poker experience should check out any of Josh's events.
    You can't beat free poker for prizes! :D:D

Saturday at Charlie's Gents and ladies see you there.

Josh
  • UGH. I finally get a Tuesday night off and the tourney's on a Saturday. Have fun all
  • We are on for the 11th and we have a WINNER in our first week of Final tabel Qualifiers.

We are looking for another this saturday night starting at 8:30 at "CharlieFitzwhiskies"

contact me for info./

Josh
  • Hey josh I heard that you are looking for dealers. If so are your events on the weekend because that is the only time I can deal. Please let me know.
  • I am always looking for dealers.

The idea is to come out and show me your stuff at my Tuesday night free event at the Pearson pub.

Look for the thread for details.

We can take it from there.

Josh
  • Well the problem with that is i work nights. Thats why I asked you if you have weekend games. Do you have any free ones this sunday? If so i can come out then and deal.
  • Yeah sure, The charlie Fitzwhisleis event in Aurora is my saturday night stop!!

I would be happy to have you out that night. See the posting for details. There is a dedicated thread for it

It reads "Another free event by Josh......"
  • Hey Josh i made it to your event yesterday. Did Albert get back to you about me? For those of you who have not made it out to this event i recommend it (for what ever that is worth). I was surprised not to see more people there.

Marco
  • How many people were out? I was planning on attending but my poker day was over at about 8 pm. I was pokered out at that point. The g/f and I are gonna try and get out this weekend. No kid means let's go......
  • There was 8-9 players out.
  • The Saturday event at Charlie fitzwhiskies in Aurora has about 30 people out every week.

The tuesday night game is quiet and fun......

And with all of the heat lately it is great to just go and play for the hell of it in a legal environment, and money free!

Josh
  • Bored tonight??? come on down to Charlie fitwhiskies!!!

Josh
  • If i can stay sober enough I'll come down tonight Josh.
  • Well I did stay sober enough to find my way to Charlie's, and it was a great night. I would recommend this night out for anyone who likes to play some poker. The g/f and I were able to have a poker night out together which is always good. A few other people brought their wives or G/f's so it really isn't a boys night out but what the hell if I can take the G/f out and play poker it's all good right? Keep up the good work Josh and maybe one night I'll drag my ass down to the pearson for a tuesday night out.
  • anybody coming out tomorrow??

was sooo close to making the final table last week.. i'm going again and making sure that i'll be there :D

now that the weather has cooled down a bit, poker at charlie's will be great tomorrow
  • We are on again this saturday at Charlie's

Come on out and Qualify for the season ending final table............
  • I won't be out for a few weeks Josh, got tix tonight to see a Doors cover band "Riders on the Storm" and next week I'm playing a tourney (if I'm out early then I'd probably come by). Will you be running on July 2nd?
  • sigh.. was soo close yesterady.. ended up finishing 2nd place. all these bad beats were pissing me off.. but hey it's poker.. i can't remember playing many bad hands. 1 or 2 mistakes the entire night... well congrats to the winner.. she deserves it.
  • Hey, it happens... LOL. I'm the older guy that played with you at the Pearson Pub 2 weeks ago and was on your left last night when we were down to 4... At least she didn't win with bad beats but there sure were a few last night... it was a fun final table though. I'm probably coming next Saturday with my son who is probably only a little older than you... Jeff..
  • compuease wrote:
    Hey, it happens... LOL. I'm the older guy that played with you at the Pearson Pub 2 weeks ago and was on your left last night when we were down to 4... At least she didn't win with bad beats but there sure were a few last night... it was a fun final table though. I'm probably coming next Saturday with my son who is probably only a little older than you... Jeff..

I don't know about that Jeff.. she went:

K 2 suited --> all in

pocket 9 --> called my friend who had triple aces on the table.

A 10 8 was on the community when she called. 7 6 can on turn and river..

and when she hit that flush at the final table, I thought that was the nail in the coffin.

two hands she was underdogged in but came out on top.
  • AHHHHHHHhhhh we have created a buzz, and made new fans and friends at the same time........

I have a fuzzy feeling inside.................

nope false alarm......just gotta go pee!!

:D
  • THIS SATURDAY IS ON!!

WE HAVE BEEN GROWING!!

We expect at least 40 out this saturday,

COME JOIN THE FUN.

GET YOUR SPOT AT THE FINAL TABLE
  • is anything happening this saturday Josh I'm free.......
  • No we are dark this saturday at the advice of the bar itself. They feel town will be a ghost town and They will wait for another game next week.
  • I suspected that, that's why I asked first. This is my first non busy weekend in a while.
  • After a dark long weekend we are back at it this Saturday at Charley's