HEADS UP TURNAMENT !!

2»

Comments

• dates in my heads iam thinking july 7th but its not final yet it will be in july tho thats for sure.
  • Hey all,

I'm interested in learning more details on how a double-elimination tournament would be run. (ie. How would you pair up people from round to round, mostly) Obviously, sinlge-elimination would be a piece of cake.
  • it would be a 32 to man turny we would draw names to start of the turny , to see who plays who , the turny will be set up as a big bracket playoff tree juust like the Ncaa march madness turnament, the only diffrence is that we have 32 players instead of 64 and its a double knockout instead of a single. it will be very simple to run , i make turny like this all the time for lacrosse and other types of sports.
  • I would be interested. I would just want to see a proper format laid out first.
  • I'm was assuming it was something more along the lines of THIS, just on a larger scale.

From what your saying, does that mean that in the starting round it's a best two out of three? Then, I assume, the loss record travels with you into future rounds?
  • Actually.... HERE's a better example of what I was under the impression is a 32 player double-elimination tournament.
  • that is exacley what iam doing but to dertmine the order of where you will be on the turnment tree each spot will be labled before the turnment as a section as :h: :s: :d: they all represent a section in the turnament there will be cards in the bucket from, the ace to ,8 of each suit of the fowlling suits :d: :s: :h: . each player will come up to the stage, and he will draw the card, that card represents where he stands on, the bracket say he pulled out the ace of spades. he would be at the very top of the list. then we would announce over the micorphone Zithal has drawn the Ace of :s: then we would write your name on the turnament shit. then , another player would come up and do the same thing intill all the spots are filled, say shannon drew the 6 of :h: he would be written down in a whole diffrent section for the first round , then say i came up and drew the 2 of :s: that would then make me be playing Zithal first round. there will be, 32 players down the side in brackets witch means there will be 16 brackets in the first round just like your thing there is 8 players in each section. its hard to explain but once i can make the sheet and put it on here you guys will understand it right away.
  • Sounds fun!
    your name on the turnament shit

Well... as long as my name really isn't getting written in shit, colour me interested!
  • I am interested. It would be a lot of fun.
    its hard to explain but once i can make the sheet and put it on here you guys will understand it right away.

There is a joke here. I am trying hard not to do it.
  • i dont undertsand what you mean by there is a joke here iam trying hard not to do that.
  • I would also be interested but I can't commit till you have a firm date. I have a plethora of shit going on this summer (ie. weddings, weekend long stags, trips, etc...). If it fits in my schedule I will be there.
  • plethora

Wow. That's a $0.25 word. Where most people would use " a lot" or "a bunch" you chose to use a very descriptive word. Way to go Shtebs!
  • awsome i hope you guys can be here then for my tourney when i cofrim the date in July.
  • Did this heads up tournament ever happen? I think there is a lot of interest to have a heads up tournament in 2006.
  • West Side Poker Club ran a heads up tournament in July 23

http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=4987.0 this is the format

http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5251.0 this is the results

Our heads up tournament is slated for February, look for our complete schedule announcement next week or email me at :

westsidepokerclub@rogers.com

Prophet 22